Like Minded Lushes March 2011

Options

Replies

• rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    so I stopped at the store and bought my little 6 oz bottle of pinot grigio for my dinner tonight. I felt so stupid buying on little teeeny tiny bottle of wine. :laugh:

I am being so good this week I can hardly stand myself. I love the two different conversatations going on this thread right now.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am glad it's finally Friday - but I have to say.......even though I have allowed myself to drink on the weekends, I'm not really that enthused about it tonight for some reason. Just seems like a waste.....waste of calories, I had to burn extra this morning to afford the drinks and I'll have to work out xtra hard tomorrow morning to potentially get rid of a hangover - and to prepare for tomorrow night. Seems like a lot of work for some stinkin' watered down Bud 55's eh???
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Cat, I'm sorry you're feeling down about it all. :heart:

Sorry, Robin, it's my fault for the discombobulated thread! :laugh: Hey, awesome job so far!!!

Hubs is here watching March Madness stuff with his dad...they're drinking beers and we're getting ready to order pizza. I still have about 900 calories, so I might have a piece of pizza and a hard cider tonight, but that's about it. I'm coaching my first U5 game tomorrow (son's game) so methinks having a hangover would be poor form. :wink:
  • ChristiI87
    Options
    This topic is so for me. It's my first week on my new diet and MFP, and after successfully sticking to my diet plan for the past 5 days, I've now reached the real struggle...surviving the weekend. I love my Friday and Saturday evening cocktails, generally a couple glasses of red wine each night, but I know it isn't in my diet plan. Honestly, prior to starting this new diet I was drinking 2 glasses of wine every night. I really think the last 10 pounds gained is a result of all that drinking. There was nothing like coming home after a long hard day at work, fulfilling my mommy (dinner, homework, and bath) duties and sitting back with my red wine and remote. Now that it's Friday evening I found myself having to make a concerted effort not to drive to the store for my usual wine or even lite cranberry and vodka. I know I need to stay strong, but I wonder how long I can keep this up!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This topic is so for me. It's my first week on my new diet and MFP, and after successfully sticking to my diet plan for the past 5 days, I've now reached the real struggle...surviving the weekend. I love my Friday and Saturday evening cocktails, generally a couple glasses of red wine each night, but I know it isn't in my diet plan. Honestly, prior to starting this new diet I was drinking 2 glasses of wine every night. I really think the last 10 pounds gained is a result of all that drinking. There was nothing like coming home after a long hard day at work, fulfilling my mommy (dinner, homework, and bath) duties and sitting back with my red wine and remote. Now that it's Friday evening I found myself having to make a concerted effort not to drive to the store for my usual wine or even lite cranberry and vodka. I know I need to stay strong, but I wonder how long I can keep this up!

I'm enjoying a glass of wine right now. I just make sure that I've got the calories for it. I usually save about 1000 when I know I'll be getting dinner and drinks. Once I'm at my goal of calories for the day, I stop. It's helped with hangover as well because once my goal is met and I know I can't have anymore, I don't keep drinking like I would before. I still have about 500 cals left, not sure if that will equate to being all wine ... but it is date night so maybe =]
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    I joined myfitnesspal mainly to see how far over I go in calories due to my drinking! Glad I'm not alone. I am on day 2 of tracking my calories and I didn't work out today so I'm cutting back on dinner so I can have my wine :/

Add me if we've got similar lifestyles/schedules... I'm 24, getting my PhD, training for a half marathon so I exercise a lot, no kids but engaged, busy busy with plenty of time for drinking while studying, trying to lose maybe 8 pounds or so and tone my arms for the wedding! And I'm always on my computer so I'm sure I'll be a consistent tracker of food and workouts if you need that accountability.

I read somewhere that people who drink consistently metabolism alcohol better than those that don't... food for thought, not for eating :)
  • nab22
    nab22 Posts: 168
    Options
    ** metabolize
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I joined myfitnesspal mainly to see how far over I go in calories due to my drinking! Glad I'm not alone. I am on day 2 of tracking my calories and I didn't work out today so I'm cutting back on dinner so I can have my wine :/

Add me if we've got similar lifestyles/schedules... I'm 24, getting my PhD, training for a half marathon so I exercise a lot, no kids but engaged, busy busy with plenty of time for drinking while studying, trying to lose maybe 8 pounds or so and tone my arms for the wedding! And I'm always on my computer so I'm sure I'll be a consistent tracker of food and workouts if you need that accountability.

I read somewhere that people who drink consistently metabolism alcohol better than those that don't... food for thought, not for eating :)

I've no doubt that those of us who consistantly drink process the alcohol in a more sufficient manner haha. I'm 25, stay at home girlfriend. I take care of our house and my boyfriends and my 3 pups. We've been together for almost 8 years so it's like we're already married haha, that's reason to drink by itself! I work out twice a day, so I figure not only do I actually earn those calories but I definitely earn my wine or beer =]
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Sunday, 0drinks
    Monday, 0 drinks
    Tuesday, 0 drinks
    Wednesday, 3 margs
    Thursday, 10 drinks...1 bottle of wine, 3 lemon drop shot, 1 beer and a shot of Kahula
    Friday, 0 drinks

Yay, today is a new day....I should not have mixed all those different liquors...YUCK

I AM GOING TO THE GYM TODAY AS WELL AS CLEANING THIS GOD AWFUL HOUSE!!!!

Have a lushy day - or - not....
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Ooh, Kim, the mixing is the worst!!!

I stuck to one Strongbow last night and I was in bed by 9...I had a really sh!tty couple of weeks at work, so I was nice to just crash.

I have the boy's soccer game, laundry, clean the mess of a house, then pack for Vegas!!! w00t!!!!!!!!!!
  • rjadams
    Options
    I am still going strong. I didn't even put Kaluha in my coffee. However I have to say I am pissed this morning. the scale hasn't moved at all in the last three days. It is really hard to stay motivated when the sacrafice, hard work and all the meal planning and the endless exersize don't seem to pay off. :cry:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Amy, have a blast in lost wages....

Robin, I thought I remember you saying that the scale is down 3 lbs??? Takes time, girl, takes time...stay focused and motivated...look for other changes besides the scale
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Robin, step away from the scale, sister! I weigh myself sporadically...I really just go by how I feel and how my clothes fit. The scale, while it has its purpose, is an evil b!tch most of the time.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Agree..that scale is a mofo sometimes!!
    I stayed within my calories all week and had a few nights where I had a glass of red wine. I managed to lose the 2lbs that I gained last week.
    I saved most of my calories yesterday for my favorite meal..shrimp tacos (they're fried) and woke up this morning with no weight gain. I'm going to exercise today and tomorrow...maybe have a glass of wine or 2 but I'm going to remain diligent about staying within my calories. I usually take one day off on the weekend to rest from exercising. I swear if I don't see that scale move down on monday I'm gunna be one PO'd girl. :angry:
  • Just_Dot
    Options
    Not gonna lie...I've been drinking alllllllllllllllll day today (pineapple Skyy and s.f. red bull) but I *have* gotten a ton done...cleaned the kitchen, oiled the cabinets, cleaned the kids' bathroom, cleaned the girl's room, done about 4 loads of laundry, packed the girl for the grandparent's house...

A tipsy me is a productive me!!!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    It's really just about whether or not you've got the calories =]

If you drink your calories but go over then yes, weight gain may happen. But when it comes to alcohol, when you drink a good amount, even if you have the calories for it, the scale may go up to do water retention.

I'm already on beer 8 I believe haha, BUT, I've got the calories for it and I'll get plenty of water to avoid the dreaded BLOAT!

Not to be graffic but, if you maintain a good amount of water each day, you won't bloat up during that time of the month either =]

Bloat, whether it be from being a female or alcohol or salt, is put to rest by the same thing ... water. Just drink enough water and you avoid the bloat and usually the hangover =]
  • rjadams
    Options
    Monday 0
    Tuesday 0
    Wednesday 0
    Thursday 0
    Friday 3 ounces of pinot grigio
    Saturday 0

Sunday I hope will be 0 too. I am going to make it until next Friday. then I will have some wine and call it good. I will limit myself to 6 drinks total for the whole of next weekend. It feels good not drinking even if the weight isn't moving. (yes the scale had gone down but it came right back up so net no loss but I am dealing with it)
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Hey all...I had about 2 to 3 glasses of wine yesterday

Total count for the week: 15 to 16...those suckers add up quickly...no drinking tonight

Anyway, I've been a slug this week and need to kick it up a notch the next couple of weeks to prove I can do this!!! I am going to shoot for a goal of 8 this week. Should be pretty easy since I am scheduled to work 5 of the next 7 evening

SoCalwoman, good luck with your weigh in tomorrow
    Robin, your doing fabulous...KEEP IT UP...3 oz isn't even a full serving
    Amy, hope you had a lushy, fun filled weekend...lushy cleaning was efficient
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've just read a really depressing article saying that if you want to lose body fat you will need to give up alcohol, so I'm having to have a glass of wine to cheer me up :drinker: :laugh:

That'll teach me to read things like that, I far prefer articles that tell you about the positive benefits provided you enjoy in moderation!
  • Kat120285
    Options
    I've just read a really depressing article saying that if you want to lose body fat you will need to give up alcohol, so I'm having to have a glass of wine to cheer me up :drinker: :laugh:

That'll teach me to read things like that, I far prefer articles that tell you about the positive benefits provided you enjoy in moderation!

Hahaha, it's almost Wine O'Clock for me as well. I myself don't completely believe that article as I'm still on my way to my body's happy weight range and I drink plenty of wine haha. I'm definitely still losing fat, because my abs are starting to shine through!