Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    My first ultrasound is on March 25th. I will be exactly 20 weeks! I am soo looking forward to it, as is hubby. We are not going to find out the sex though.

Either will we... We're rare breeds these days it seems!
    We didn't find out the sex with our first baby either...and after 46 hours of labour it was the BEST surprise of my LIFE!

My older brother never has found out. I just couldn't do it! It will be very fun though.
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Has anyone had a 6 weeks u/s and NOT seen the heartbeat?

Me! I just went at 6 weeks and 1 day. We didn't see a heartbeat but the doctor said it's difficult to see it that early.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Rachel and 911girl I have NO idea how you aren't busting at the seams to find out what the sex is. I tried to go buy stuff for the baby but everything is so gender specific that I ended up walking out of the store with nothing! I think it is awesome that you have that much self control! lol!

I agree! I was going crazy waiting the extra two weeks because my original appointment was postponed. I had to know! I just have to have things ready in advance. :) I am impressed with the self control those of you have who wait.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If you ladies need a good sobfest then watch that "One Born Every Minute". I'd been meaning to catch it sometime but never could so I decided to watch it online after everyone here was talking about it. All I can do is cry! And now I really can't wait for my little one :heart:
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Rachel and 911girl I have NO idea how you aren't busting at the seams to find out what the sex is. I tried to go buy stuff for the baby but everything is so gender specific that I ended up walking out of the store with nothing! I think it is awesome that you have that much self control! lol!

I agree! I was going crazy waiting the extra two weeks because my original appointment was postponed. I had to know! I just have to have things ready in advance. :) I am impressed with the self control those of you have who wait.

I am a total planner/organizer. OCD may have something to do with that :wink: I couldn't imagine not finding out. Especially where everything is either boy/girl now. There is no in-between things really anymore.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hey ladies... I found a cute pregnancy ticker I wanted to change to. I can't remember how to add a ticker. Can anyone remind me?

Nevermind! I got it.
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    My appointment went well. He measured my tummy and said I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. He also listened to the heartbeat and said it was really strong and that she was very active. Just your basic check-up. And I didn't pass out! :smile: I have my glucose test next appointment. They sent me home with the fruit punch flavor and told me to drink it half an hour before I come in for the appointment. I'm glad I get to do that part at home. I wasn't looking forward to waiting around the office for an hour. They said I could eat a regular breakfast as long as it wasn't too sugary, but I went ahead and scheduled an early appointment so I could just come in without having eaten anything.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Had my 1st appt yesterday! Got to see our litle "sea horse" and the HB was strong! Yipee! After our MC last July I've been super nervous! This pregnancy is so different from my first. Question, how much weight did you gain the first tri? I'm up 4 pounds give or take 2 and I'm 8 wks
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    My appointment went well. He measured my tummy and said I am exactly where I'm supposed to be. He also listened to the heartbeat and said it was really strong and that she was very active. Just your basic check-up. And I didn't pass out! :smile: I have my glucose test next appointment. They sent me home with the fruit punch flavor and told me to drink it half an hour before I come in for the appointment. I'm glad I get to do that part at home. I wasn't looking forward to waiting around the office for an hour. They said I could eat a regular breakfast as long as it wasn't too sugary, but I went ahead and scheduled an early appointment so I could just come in without having eaten anything.

I wonder why there's so much difference in OB's instructions for the glucose test. Mine told me I needed to fast for at least 8 hours prior but that I could have water (of course). I also have to go in & drink it there & then wait there but they said I could come in as early as 8am to do it (because I'm such a pleasant morning person :grumble:). I wonder how long I should plan to be off work that morning. I've had problems with hypoglycemia in the past (before I started eating healthier in 2009) so I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to feel for a few hours after the test since I have a history of my blood sugar surging & then crashing. :ohwell: I'm gonna make hubby go with me so he can drive if needed & I'm also going to take a protein bar or something with a ton of protein I can eat really quickly right after.
  • AnneElise
    Options

yeaa! glad your apt went well. I LOVE YOUR PICTURE. You are so cute with your little belly. I need your cute clothes too. I am going shopping this weekend.

hmm... I am worried about the glucose test... it does sound nice that you can have it at home!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Had my 1st appt yesterday! Got to see our litle "sea horse" and the HB was strong! Yipee! After our MC last July I've been super nervous! This pregnancy is so different from my first. Question, how much weight did you gain the first tri? I'm up 4 pounds give or take 2 and I'm 8 wks

glad your 1st apt went well and the HB was strong :D Do you have a lot of MS? I think that makes for very different weight patterns in the first trimester. I went down 4 lbs because I threw up EVERYTHING in sight. I think at 12 weeks my dr told me 0-5 lb gain was normal for the first trimester.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options

glad your 1st apt went well and the HB was strong :D Do you have a lot of MS? I think that makes for very different weight patterns in the first trimester. I went down 4 lbs because I threw up EVERYTHING in sight. I think at 12 weeks my dr told me 0-5 lb gain was normal for the first trimester.

Yes, very sick. No throwing up, just 24 hr nausea. I think I'm up because I'm super constipated (sorry about the TMI). With my ds I had no MS so this is all new to me! I weighed in this week and was up 1 (total of 2 pound weight gain). But went to the Dr. yesterday and was up 2. Granted I was clothed and it was late afternoon.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

I wonder why there's so much difference in OB's instructions for the glucose test. Mine told me I needed to fast for at least 8 hours prior but that I could have water (of course). I also have to go in & drink it there & then wait there but they said I could come in as early as 8am to do it (because I'm such a pleasant morning person :grumble:). I wonder how long I should plan to be off work that morning. I've had problems with hypoglycemia in the past (before I started eating healthier in 2009) so I'm a little nervous about how I'm going to feel for a few hours after the test since I have a history of my blood sugar surging & then crashing. :ohwell: I'm gonna make hubby go with me so he can drive if needed & I'm also going to take a protein bar or something with a ton of protein I can eat really quickly right after.

I'm having my glucose test at the end of the month and my instructions say nothing after midnight, be there at 9 am and expect to be there for at least 2 hours. Yay... :grumble:
  • LynnW52
    Options

Glad your appointment went well, and I'm glad you didn't pass out!!
  • LynnW52
    Options

I'm glad your first appointment went well!

I'm not exactly sure how much I gained in the first tri, but I know at 19 weeks I was up 14lbs, so I'm guessing it was somewhere between 10-12 total gain for first tri. Sounds like you are right on track though!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly – be careful, I hope your ankle holds up

Heather – how did your family react to the news?

Jen – glad you had a good appointment and got to hear the heartbeat.

Birtton – I’m glad you didn’t pass out! I’m jealous you get fruit punch flavored stuff to drink, I had the nasty orange stuff.

Littlespy – I was told not to eat or drink anything 2 hours before. Just to be on the safe side, I had my appointment first thing in the morning so I didn’t eat anything. There’s a Starbucks kiosk right outside the diagnostic center so I got something to eat right after I left. I’m sure I looked like I hadn’t eaten in days the way I inhaled that croissant. :laugh:

I scheduled my sequential screening test for the 22nd. I thought it was just blood work but I get an ultrasound too, yea for seeing baby again!!!! And there’s no way I’d be able to wait to find out the sex, I’m entirely too impatient.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I just buy a set of newborn for each sex, I usually buy practically new at baby resale shops. I don't like gender neutral clothes.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

I wonder why there's so much difference in OB's instructions for the glucose test. Mine told me I needed to fast for at least 8 hours prior but that I could have water (of course).

Here is some info on diet before the test.
    http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/gttDiet.html
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Just got back from the zoo w/ the kids. Lots of walking. We live 40 minutes from ABQ and the zoo, up here in the mountains we are surrounded my juniper. It is ow blooming. I have become so allergic to it the past few years. I could scratch my face off and eyes, it is horrible.
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options

My glucose test will be the exact same as yours. They had me schedule it for 6 weeks out, but they already gave me the orange punch stuff. They gave me the same instructions.

Glad you didn't pass out. :)