Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options
Hello everyone!

For those of you just finding us, this is a group that is trying to be healthier and/or lose weight while:

a) wanting to drop some weight before trying to conceive (TTC)
b) (Trying to conceive) TTC
c) Pregnant

Most people weigh in on Wednesdays, however you can weigh in on whichever day works best for you!

Welcome all!

Replies

• cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    I have been looking for this post :) Go for another Ultrasound today! wooohooo super excited! -42 here is good ole Saskatchewan...winter blues sure don't help get past the tired part of this pregnancy!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    tag for later
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    A non Catholic or a non practicing Catholic receiving Communion is wrong b/c they do not believe it is the true Body of Christ, that is the issue. It is considered sacrilege.

I have to agree on almost everything you said except for this. This is one of those things that bothered my husband and I with the Catholic church, hence our switch to the Lutheran faith. As Lutherans we DO believe communion is the true blood and body of Christ just the same as the Catholic faith. When we went to church with my mom (who is Lutheran) while we were Catholic they welcomed everyone to receive communion as long as you believed it was the true blood and body of Christ. That was so refreshing and they weren't ousting us because we were "Catholic." The Catholic church we grew up in does not want "others" to take communion. However, there is one Catholic church we sometimes attend in town and the priest welcomes EVERYONE and ANYONE to join in communion as long as you believe it is the true blood and body. I find this quite refreshing of the Catholic church.

So it all depends on the priest and his views on people participating.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    I have been looking for this post :) Go for another Ultrasound today! wooohooo super excited! -42 here is good ole Saskatchewan...winter blues sure don't help get past the tired part of this pregnancy!

Enjoy your ultrasound and try to stay as warm as you can. All I can say is brrrr!
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    Yay I finally felt pretty enough to update my picture. The last one was at 29 weeks. I tried to take pictures but felt yucky for whatever reason. A little make-up always makes a girl feel better.

I wish I would have took pics of my belly with my first pregnancy too. Ce la vi

I like your new picture. You always have looked nice in them. I cannot take a good one lately to save my soul. I really need to update mine too.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    So funny, we've been contemplating Charlotte a lot with the nickname Charlie. My parents were both throwing tantrums about calling a girl Charlie (not that I care) and then last week I saw a couple of websites projecting the name to be in the top 5 in 2011 so that kind of killed it for me. :frown: And having someone else in this group considering naming their girl Charlotte & calling her Charlie pretty much clinches it for me. Is there some pop culture reference I'm not aware of that made Charlotte suddenly so popular? I'm aware of Sex & the City but it's a few years late for that to have that much of an influence now. Another thing that bugged hubby about it is that we live an hour from Charlotte, NC.

I highly doubt this is the reason for Charlie beginning to get popular but who knows. There is a show on Nickelodeon that my girls watch and it is called "Good Luck Charlie." It is about a baby girl being born into a family with three older siblings. It is a cute show.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    March already!! I can't believe it how fast time has gone! That means that this is my last month working until next school year. My last day will be March 31st (Spring break holidays, and then baby girl is due on the 10th)...assuming she doesn't come late. Don't know if I'll come back if she decides not to come, or I'll just stay home. Probably stay home and just be done with it. It's getting so close, OMG. :noway: :laugh: :love:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I’m starving today!! All I want to do it eat; nothing is satisfying me right now. The good news is that I was actually able to get out of bed this morning with wanting to throw up all over the place; I was a little dizzy but nothing like I normally am. I’m hoping this means I’m over the worst of my morning sickness.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Lots to catch up on before the thread turned over - sorry if I missed anything!

LittleSpy - You definately have a baby bump girl - and a cute one at that! I'm like you, for awhile I questioned whether or not I looked pregnant or like I had put on a few lbs. It sounds like the girl you ran into was hinting around at whether or not you were pregnant, but didn't want to come right out and ask, which is exactly how I am. Even if someone is OBVIOUSLY pregnant, I would never come right out and ask a pregnancy specific question - got in trouble once with that and I'll NEVER do it again!

Amanda - Amen to a month of peace and quiet!!!

Katrina - Love your new pic!

MWilson - I'm envious of your weight gain - you're doing so well staying on track! I haven't weighed myself in awhile, but I'm pretty sure I'll surpass your gain - and then some :noway: :sad:

Sex drive....what sex drive?? :laugh: Before pregnancy, hubby and I were like a couple teenagers, and as soon as we found out we were pregnant, it was like we hit a brick wall..... For me (even though I KNOW it's foolish) I was scared we would "knock something loose", or it would cause a miscarriage. My hubby has the "I'll/it'll hurt the baby complex"...and we're both a little weirded out by the fact that he's in there and would have to put up with our shenanigans with no say in the matter......

We've decided on Joshua as a first name for sure...we haven't 100% decided on a middle name, it'll either be Daniel or Xavier.

I haven't weighed myself in a few weeks, but I feel like it's slowed down a bit. We went to the UP this weekend and after 6 hours in the car, I joined Katrina's kankle & sausage toe club :laugh:

Dr's appointment on Thursday for a monthly check in. Nothing really new going on pregnancy wise - loving the second trimester!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I’m starving today!! All I want to do it eat; nothing is satisfying me right now. The good news is that I was actually able to get out of bed this morning with wanting to throw up all over the place; I was a little dizzy but nothing like I normally am. I’m hoping this means I’m over the worst of my morning sickness.

I hope so, too!! :flowerforyou:
  • 1Dobsaya
    1Dobsaya Posts: 2
    Options
    I am new here switching over from the regular weight loss plan. I was on my last 10 pounds and then got pregnant again. I am only 4 weeks with baby number 8. I usually gain between 35 and 70 pounds but am getting too old to be losing all that weight so I am trying to only gain 20 pounds this time. My doctor said that I could gain as little as 15 and still have a healthy pregnancy.
  • dragonfly74
    Options
    March already!! I can't believe it how fast time has gone! That means that this is my last month working until next school year. My last day will be March 31st (Spring break holidays, and then baby girl is due on the 10th)...assuming she doesn't come late. Don't know if I'll come back if she decides not to come, or I'll just stay home. Probably stay home and just be done with it. It's getting so close, OMG. :noway: :laugh: :love:

It is getting close! I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Hope your last month of work goes smoothly!
  • dragonfly74
    Options

I hope so, too!! :flowerforyou:

Hopefully it is on the way out for good :)
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options

It is getting close! I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Hope your last month of work goes smoothly!

Yeah, you guys are making me nervous because it really doesn't seem like long ago when you were where I am now. :noway:
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Annabelle – Do you have any natural ways to stave off labor for now? I do not want to be given any of the drugs since they now say that it can be deadly to the mother and even harmful to the baby. I guess the main thing is to reduce/relieve the contractions, I really do not want to have this little girl for the next 3 weeks, a full term baby will mean a healthy baby. I do not want to be forced to have my daughter left in the NICU or anything like that and I would certainly hate to have to go home without my baby.

A few questions? Were your others early, non induced? How often do you get contraxs? Are they painful? Where, cervix, back, just tummy, or tight? You can drink real red raspberry leaf tea, helps a lot! Reduce you activity, don't stay in bed, but do not over do it either. For what it is worth I am usually dilated 4-5 by 27-28 weeks and have lots of prodromal labor from 34 weeks on and all of my babies, singles, have been term.

My babies have all been term, 37 + 1 was the earliest none have been induced. I get contraxs most days and will have them for hours, for example today I have been having them since about 10am. Some are painful but not to the point where I would rush to the hospital screaming that the baby is coming out. I feel them in my tummy and get a feeling in my vagina like it is riping apart. Not sure if that is my cervix or not but not really sure how else to describe it. I usually do not stay in bed unless I have a really bad day, I go about all of my daily activities except I do not work or exercise right now. Where do you find this red raspberry leaf tea? Do you drink it hot or can you have it cold like iced tea?

That sounds like prodromal labor. It is so frustrating! Another thing I thought of is calcium and magnesium supplement. Lack of calcium can cause contraxs like you are experiencing. I like Traditional Medicinals. It can often be found in the tea section of regular groceries or at natural groceries like Whole Foods or others you have in your area or you can order online. You can drink it either way. It might be easiest to do a big pitcher of cold in the fridge once a day and just drink that through the day. Oh the feeling in your vagina is baby pressing and that is normal w/ late term BH contraxs. They are doing work that will help you do less later.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

So it all depends on the priest and his views on people participating.

As Catholics we believe that only a Catholic priest can consecrate the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. A Catholic priest allowing non Catholics to receive, w/ his express knowledge, is misinformed about the teachings of the Catholic Church. Not all Catholic priests as well as laypeople, sadly, are properly catechized. I forgot to add that as a Catholic priest they do not have the authority to make unilateral decisions regarding dogma of the Church. They answer to a Bishop, the Bishop answers to the Archbishop, the Archbishop to the Cardinal, and the Cardinal to the Pope.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    I am new here switching over from the regular weight loss plan. I was on my last 10 pounds and then got pregnant again. I am only 4 weeks with baby number 8. I usually gain between 35 and 70 pounds but am getting too old to be losing all that weight so I am trying to only gain 20 pounds this time. My doctor said that I could gain as little as 15 and still have a healthy pregnancy.

Congratulations! I find I am gaining more now that I am in my late 30's in pregnancy.
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Wowzers! I sleep in a little and you ladies have blown up the board already this morning! I love it! :)

Ron I'm sooo not looking forward to morning sickness. When did yours start? I've had a feeling of being a little queezy, but it usually goes away if I eat something.

AnneElise I love Juno! :)

Sheri I don't think it is probably going to work or be healthy at this point to eat only 1200 calories and workout burning at least 900 calories most days of the week. I think the formula that the website uses is in the first trimester you eat maintenance calories with a little more for exercise since you shouldn't be in weight loss mode at all. For how much I workout, 2160cals is probably pretty right on.

Littlespy I'm not sure where other people are getting it from. We've loved that name for years! It is always strange to me that as soon as I like something without it being popular, it turns popular. I must have good taste or just be jinxed. lol! I love Charlee for a girl from the movie High Fidelity (which is one of my favorites). That is where I got the idea. I wanted her not to be stuck with a masculine name if she is in fact a girlie girl, so naming her Charlotte with the nickname Charlee seemed more fitting.

Boy names have been WAY harder for us than our girls name. We were going to call her Charlotte "Charlee" Haven, but my DH thinks it sounds like a "strippers name"....men.

I woke up last night at about 1:30am having some cramping. It scared me so I got up to use the toilet to make sure there was no spotting. There wasn't and I felt a little better after going pee. I'm feeling better this morning though. Needles to say I think I'm going to need a nap since I was up for hours in the wee morning praying to God to let me keep this baby!

Hope you ladies have a great day!
  • LynnW52
    Options
    I'm sooo not looking forward to morning sickness. When did yours start? I've had a feeling of being a little queezy, but it usually goes away if I eat something.

I woke up last night at about 1:30am having some cramping. It scared me so I got up to use the toilet to make sure there was no spotting. There wasn't and I felt a little better after going pee. I'm feeling better this morning though. Needles to say I think I'm going to need a nap since I was up for hours in the wee morning praying to God to let me keep this baby!

You may not get morning sickness, I never did. I was like you, I would get a little queezy feeling, but if I ate something it went away.

I also had cramping in the first trimester, probably til about 10 weeks. It was mild cramping, and from what I've read online and what others have said on this board, that is pretty common. Try not to worry about it unless it is really painful or you have bright red spotting.

I needed a nap in the first trimester even if I finished all of my prayers before I went to sleep! That was my biggest "side effect", fatigue....I could have slept 20 hours a day if I wouldn't have had to go to work...
  • LynnW52
    Options
    Hey Heather - I just noticed your due date is 11/8/11 - Wouldn't it be cool if you hit 11/11/11? And had the baby at 11:11??