Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I finally have my appointment today!!! :happy: I am so excited. I will keep you posted on the gender.

Can't wait to hear!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

All I was saying was you are incorrect with your original statement of saying "A non Catholic or a non practicing Catholic receiving Communion is wrong b/c they do not believe it is the true Body of Christ. . . " Lutherans and I am sure other some other "non Catholic" religions do so believe it is the true Body of Christ.

I understand your feelings and your comments. Believing something is so, does not make it so.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Thank you! we found out last ultrasound that we are having a baby boy as well :) He has been very active this morning so hopefully we can get a better picture this time!

Congratulations on your baby boy :flowerforyou: We are having a boy too!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many posts today! I am going to have to read them carefully later today!

SO. I am starting to stress about daycare. Anyone else doing daycare? I know that a lot of you are SAHM's. I choose my career to be a teacher to be able to work but also have extra time home with the LO. I asked around at work for day care centers and almost everyone who uses daycare uses the same place! and they LOVE it. I just called. WITH THE TEACHER DISCOUNT... 170 per week. uhg. I called another... 194. The good thing is the one the teachers use doesn't charge you during teacher vacations.

What do you guys think about day cares vs nannys? I am leaning towards day care so the child is with more than one person plus they get to play with other kids... I have a fear that a nanny with treat the child poorly and I wouldn't know. Is that crazy?

My husband is a real estate agent and he works so much on weekends he is thinking about taking a day or two off during the week (until 3 pm when I get home). That might help with some money.

stressful!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Annabelle- I actually do not drink milk (makes me sick in the stomach) so my only calcium is from yogurt and cheese. I tried those capsules but they do not seem to help much. I am wondering if that is a big problem for me? TMI alert…. I was woken up many times last night feeling like my vagina was being ripped open and this morning I have had a very increased amount of discharge. I am expecting that my mucus must be getting ready to come out. Does this sound about right? I am thinking I wont make it until after 3-20 at this rate.

How much were you taking and were you consistent? Another option is a few sips of wine or other alcohol through the day. Whe I had a strong episode of intense contractions at 35 weeks I drank a glass of wine, settled things right down. I have added you to my prayers already. Remember each day inside saves you baby 2 days of NICU, after 35-6 most babies, especially giorls need little or no NICU care.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Wow! So many posts today! I am going to have to read them carefully later today!

SO. I am starting to stress about daycare. Anyone else doing daycare? I know that a lot of you are SAHM's. I choose my career to be a teacher to be able to work but also have extra time home with the LO. I asked around at work for day care centers and almost everyone who uses daycare uses the same place! and they LOVE it. I just called. WITH THE TEACHER DISCOUNT... 170 per week. uhg. I called another... 194. The good thing is the one the teachers use doesn't charge you during teacher vacations.

What do you guys think about day cares vs nannys? I am leaning towards day care so the child is with more than one person plus they get to play with other kids... I have a fear that a nanny with treat the child poorly and I wouldn't know. Is that crazy?

My husband is a real estate agent and he works so much on weekends he is thinking about taking a day or two off during the week (until 3 pm when I get home). That might help with some money.

stressful!

I’ll be doing daycare, we have no choice. My husband and I bring home the same amount to the penny each paycheck, so we can’t survive without my income. I’m going to use the same daycare that my cousins’ kids go to. (Everyone in my family has used this daycare) It’s an at home daycare right down the street from my office and l like that my baby will be with family all day. Plus she hasn’t changed her prices since she opened and I can’t beat $60 a week!
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Bump! :flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options

All I was saying was you are incorrect with your original statement of saying "A non Catholic or a non practicing Catholic receiving Communion is wrong b/c they do not believe it is the true Body of Christ. . . " Lutherans and I am sure other some other "non Catholic" religions do so believe it is the true Body of Christ.

I understand your feelings and your comments. Believing something is so, does not make it so.

I think the complicated thing between Catholicism and other Christian religions is that many religions (or "religions" as I sometimes say, depending on which it is :laugh:) are about what individuals think, or how they interpret something, how they feel spiritually, etc. One might never have seen or felt that (ie, to stick with the baby theme) baptizing Catholic is an obligation to raise Catholic, an acknowledgement of sanctity of Catholicism and the sacraments, more than just a tradition or a symbol or a "dedication", etc - BUT Catholicism is one of, becoming fewer and fewer religions, that actually has rules and boundaries and doctrines etc that the church states, supports, commands.... whatever word you want to use. It is very much so not a religion where it is what someone interprets it to be, or feels it is to them, as are (or can be) many other religions. Not right or wrong, but I think something that many "adaptive" or "spiritual" religious people don't see or get.
  • jalyner
    jalyner Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I’m starving today!! All I want to do it eat; nothing is satisfying me right now. The good news is that I was actually able to get out of bed this morning with wanting to throw up all over the place; I was a little dizzy but nothing like I normally am. I’m hoping this means I’m over the worst of my morning sickness.
    I was like this yesterday. I wanted to inhale everything! I brought yogurt and fruit with me today at work and it helped to bridge the time between real meals. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. Good luck!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options

stressful!

I have to be honest, $170 a week for a baby isn't bad at all. Average it out for I'm guessing 5 days a week and that's $34. For an 8 hour day that is what I would charge out of my home, especially since I have a degree in Early Childhood Edu. And w/the free vacations- I'd sign right up for that!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

stressful!

I’ll be doing daycare, we have no choice. My husband and I bring home the same amount to the penny each paycheck, so we can’t survive without my income. I’m going to use the same daycare that my cousins’ kids go to. (Everyone in my family has used this daycare) It’s an at home daycare right down the street from my office and l like that my baby will be with family all day. Plus she hasn’t changed her prices since she opened and I can’t beat $60 a week!

It of course depends on area, but do look into some of the smaller home day cares. There were several in my area that were in the $100 range, but the brick and mortar types are all over $150 a week. Plus the home ones are more likely to provide food etc than the bigger ones. There are always plenty of references available for the good ones, and if you guys are worried work out having your hubby (sounds like his schedule might be a little more flexible) do some "drop in inspections" while scouting, as well as after your LO is in their care. Any good center should not care to have someone stop in just to see - so long as it's not obsessive and you're not disruptive - just in and out a couple times doing your research.
  • jalyner
    Options

stressful!

This is something my husband and I have discussed a little, but not in any real depth. We do have 7 more months to go! :) We're thinking of hiring a lady we go to church with, who is a stay at home mom with her own 3. We feel better about her than a day care because, number one, we know her personally and like her, but two, she's cheaper than a daycare. Maybe something to look into. Ask around.
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    The last 2 days have gone so well for me. Hardly any sickness/bloating just INSANE heartburn which I will gladly take over the 24/7 nausea/throw up. I'm really praying I am going to stay this way but am not going to hold my breath. With that being said, because I've been feeling well I've gotten my appetite back a little, FINALLY eating about 1700 calories the last 2 days! I still need my naps though in the afternoon :blushing:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    I have to be honest, $170 a week for a baby isn't bad at all. Average it out for I'm guessing 5 days a week and that's $34. For an 8 hour day that is what I would charge out of my home, especially since I have a degree in Early Childhood Edu. And w/the free vacations- I'd sign right up for that!

That's almost 1/2 my paycheck. I can't imagine having to pay for daycare, not to mention for more than 1! We couldn't afford me not working, but it'd be so frustrating to work college-educated full time and bring home the pay of a low level part time MCDonalds worker just to make the bills...
  • 1Dobsaya
    1Dobsaya Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks and oh no. Don't say that. I don't mind having babies hence the 7 kids but I hate getting fat.
  • dmdaigle17
    Options
    Heather – my morning sickness started at about 6 weeks. But I’ve talked to plenty of people who never had any morning sickness at all. I still have cramping, it was the worst from 4 to 7 week; it’s pretty mild now and there’s no spotting so my doctor said not to worry. I did spot for two days right around my 4 week mark, I was terrified. I stayed in all bed all weekend with my legs in the air. :laugh:

Rachel – that’s so exciting!

I’m not sure if I’m going to make it today without going to the store up the street for more food! I can't stop thinking about eating.....I just ate my lunch an hour early. There’s no way I’m going to make it until 5 o’clock with only an apple and a yogurt left.

Pregnancy brain has hit me full force: it took me about 15 minutes to get this typed without spelling mistakes. :ohwell:

When I do actually get the urge to eat and am able to, I have to eat much much earlier than I ever used to. I'm ready for lunch at 11 now where as I used to eat around 2 before! I usually have 2 snacks between lunch and dinner which I make like peanut butter and apple or grapes and cheese so it fills me a bit more than just the fruit would alone. I also have to eat dinner around 5 and not 6-7 like we used to. When the baby wants to eat, it demands right away. There is no waiting! :wink:
  • jalyner
    Options
    Heather – my morning sickness started at about 6 weeks. But I’ve talked to plenty of people who never had any morning sickness at all. I still have cramping, it was the worst from 4 to 7 week; it’s pretty mild now and there’s no spotting so my doctor said not to worry.

I'm SO relieved to hear this. I've had cramping since day one and it hasn't gone away. I had a few really bad ones yesterday -the worse and most painful yet- but no spotting. I've been so incredibly worried. My first official OB appointment is tomorrow, so my doctor will be hounded with all the questions I have!! :)
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

stressful!

I wasn't stressed at all about daycare or who would be watching the baby until I found out last week that my sitter is moving out of state :sad:

My husband is laid off from work right now, and goes to school. He will be able to stay with the baby most of the time, but not when he has day classes. This is where our sitter was gonna fill in the gaps - and would have charged us next to nothing.....so sad she is leaving!!

Between my income and student loan refunds (God bless student loans...until repayment that is.... :grumble: ) we were set financially when budgeting in the original sitter, but I don't know about day care.

Back to the drawing board on this one....
  • dmdaigle17
    Options

That's almost 1/2 my paycheck. I can't imagine having to pay for daycare, not to mention for more than 1! We couldn't afford me not working, but it'd be so frustrating to work college-educated full time and bring home the pay of a low level part time MCDonalds worker just to make the bills...

Childcare isn't cheap nor should it be. You are caring for someone else's child which is a HUGE responsibility. I totally understand what you are saying but, I get very frustrated when people refuse to even pay $20 a day for their newborn to be cared for. Could you imagine working for $20 a day?!
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

Childcare isn't cheap nor should it be. You are caring for someone else's child which is a HUGE responsibility. I totally understand what you are saying but, I get very frustrated when people refuse to even pay $20 a day for their newborn to be cared for. Could you imagine working for $20 a day?!

LOL, yes I can and I have! LONG days too.