Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    <snip>
    I woke up last night at about 1:30am having some cramping. It scared me so I got up to use the toilet to make sure there was no spotting. There wasn't and I felt a little better after going pee. I'm feeling better this morning though. Needles to say I think I'm going to need a nap since I was up for hours in the wee morning praying to God to let me keep this baby!

No worries -- I had pretty rough cramping (just like AF was on the way) from a few days before when I expected AF until I was probably 9-10 weeks. It was a lot worse in the beginning than toward the end of that time period, though. In addition to AF type cramps, I had occasional shooting pains in my lower abdomen that would stop me in my tracks for a few seconds. It can make you so paranoid and anxious but it's all normal. :flowerforyou:

And I always feel the same way you do about names (or anything). I named my 12 year old dog Emma and like 2 years later the name was at the top of baby name charts. :laugh: I still LOVE the name but between the dog and the popularity we could never do it. :tongue: I've tried for Emmaline but hubby isn't buying it since the dog comes to that name, too. :laugh:

I have never met someone named Charlotte (though I did have Kristen Davis's father as a professor in college :laugh:) and as soon as hubby suggested it along with the nickname Charlie I loved it. Maybe it's all subliminal and I just don't consciously realize I've heard the names on a more regular basis. My husband also LOVES the name Isabel (and so do I) and that was his grandmother's name but I refuse to even consider it since Isabella has been in the top 5 names for a few years now. Lame people naming their babies all the good names. :tongue:

Maisie isn't anywhere to be found on any of the popularity charts for the US and I swear I'll have a nervous breakdown if I see it projected to be popular this year. :laugh: I don't really have anything against popular names, I just always felt so bad for all the Jessicas and Jennifers and Ashleys in school when I was growing up. I have a pretty popular name but there were still only 2 Julies in my gradulating class of over 600 and the other girl's name was actually Julia so I was technically the only Julie.
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo not looking forward to morning sickness. When did yours start? I've had a feeling of being a little queezy, but it usually goes away if I eat something.

I woke up last night at about 1:30am having some cramping. It scared me so I got up to use the toilet to make sure there was no spotting. There wasn't and I felt a little better after going pee. I'm feeling better this morning though. Needles to say I think I'm going to need a nap since I was up for hours in the wee morning praying to God to let me keep this baby!

You may not get morning sickness, I never did. I was like you, I would get a little queezy feeling, but if I ate something it went away.

I also had cramping in the first trimester, probably til about 10 weeks. It was mild cramping, and from what I've read online and what others have said on this board, that is pretty common. Try not to worry about it unless it is really painful or you have bright red spotting.

I needed a nap in the first trimester even if I finished all of my prayers before I went to sleep! That was my biggest "side effect", fatigue....I could have slept 20 hours a day if I wouldn't have had to go to work...

OMG, I know! I had to put my head down at work on several occasions! I was SOOOOO tired!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Littlespy you crack me up! lol! Maisie is super cute and original for sure (but that's what I had thought a couple years ago about Charlee! lol! and when I was trying with my first husband our name was Zoe and now there are a billion of those too!). Lame people... ;) I also had shooting pains that kinda felt like it was shooting up my (oh I don't wanna sound lame but saying "vagina" sounds too weird typing it out on this board! lol!) lady parts. Glad to know that it is normal though. I've lost 2 babies in the past 4 months so I'm a little paranoid....

Lynn I thought the same thing about 11/11/11. It would be pretty cool (and easy to remember). I know that it isn't very likely I will deliver on 11/8/11 anyways so it is always a possibility! :) And I truly hope I don't get the bad morning sickness. I'm not a puker (haven't thrown up since I can't remember when...most likely alcohol induced years and years ago). I can deal with the queezy feeling as long as I don't get knock down, drag out sick....but then again, I've been waiting for this to come for 7 years so I guess a little puking is all worth it if at the end we get our rainbow baby!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I finally have my appointment today!!! :happy: I am so excited. I will keep you posted on the gender.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Yay, Rachael! Enjoy it! I have my anatomy ultrasound tomorrow so we'll definitely be confirming she's still a girl (she better hope she is).

Heather, I was like Lynn & never puked (I was a lot more than a little "queasy" though!). I was nauseous pretty much 24/7 from 5+2 until the beginning of 15 weeks. I had a little reprieve around week 8/9 but it came back. I'm also not a puker and my vomit streak is sitll in tact. I haven't puked since 5/5/05 (though it was probably technically 5/6/05 by the time I puked). Damn friends with Cinco de Mayo 21st birthday parties & people convincing already drunk me to take a shot of tequila. :tongue: Bleeeeeccccchhhhh.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    March already!! I can't believe it how fast time has gone! That means that this is my last month working until next school year. My last day will be March 31st (Spring break holidays, and then baby girl is due on the 10th)...assuming she doesn't come late. Don't know if I'll come back if she decides not to come, or I'll just stay home. Probably stay home and just be done with it. It's getting so close, OMG. :noway: :laugh: :love:

It is getting close! I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Hope your last month of work goes smoothly!

Yeah, you guys are making me nervous because it really doesn't seem like long ago when you were where I am now. :noway:

I was thinking the same thing!!
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Yeah, you guys are making me nervous because it really doesn't seem like long ago when you were where I am now. :noway:

Between them being so close and Heather being due in NOVEMBER I'm kind of having a bit of a freak-out moment.

Wow, I've been here most of the morning. I should probably go do some actual work now... :embarassed:
  • LynnW52
    Options
    I finally have my appointment today!!! :happy: I am so excited. I will keep you posted on the gender.

Yes, definitely keep us posted!! :bigsmile:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Heather – my morning sickness started at about 6 weeks. But I’ve talked to plenty of people who never had any morning sickness at all. I still have cramping, it was the worst from 4 to 7 week; it’s pretty mild now and there’s no spotting so my doctor said not to worry. I did spot for two days right around my 4 week mark, I was terrified. I stayed in all bed all weekend with my legs in the air. :laugh:

Rachel – that’s so exciting!

I’m not sure if I’m going to make it today without going to the store up the street for more food! I can't stop thinking about eating.....I just ate my lunch an hour early. There’s no way I’m going to make it until 5 o’clock with only an apple and a yogurt left.

Pregnancy brain has hit me full force: it took me about 15 minutes to get this typed without spelling mistakes. :ohwell:
  • LynnW52
    Options

Between them being so close and Heather being due in NOVEMBER I'm kind of having a bit of a freak-out moment.

Wow, I've been here most of the morning. I should probably go do some actual work now... :embarassed:

A bit of a freak-out moment is an understatement for me :laugh: You've been so organized at getting things ready....we have our crib put together and the few things that we have organized in his closet...but that's about it! I would say I'm settling into a nice panic mode... :indifferent: I'll probably feel a little bit better after my first shower, when we'll have most everything else we need.

The rampagous shopper scored the pack n play that I wanted for $25, which is AWESOME!!

Now about that work thing....I should probably do some of that today too..... :tongue:
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Cuppycake – Welcome and congrats, I hope your ultrasound is good and baby cooperates!

Dragonfly- Yes, it is definitely time to get a new pic, lol. I have taken so many belly photos with this baby I really regret not have them with my boys.

MWilson- it is quite possible that you will not make it until March 31st. We are considered full term once we hit 36 weeks, I have never gone past 38 weeks in pregnancy. Trust me, I feel horrible for those who have their babies late, at this point in the game we are just ready for it to be over, Lol.

Ron- be cautious of your choices, I had the majority of my gain right after I stopped having morning/all day sickness. You get so used to putting whatever in your mouth that you can stomach (for me it was chips, potatoes and oven baked fries) that once you finally have an appetite it seems like you make up for it.

Littlespy- it seems like it goes by slowly but then before you know it you are done. Same thing happens once your little one arrives! You feel like it is never going to end when your baby is crying and you get no sleep but before you know if you have a 6 year old in first grade. Time flies so enjoy every moment of pregnancy and your baby.

Annabelle- I actually do not drink milk (makes me sick in the stomach) so my only calcium is from yogurt and cheese. I tried those capsules but they do not seem to help much. I am wondering if that is a big problem for me? TMI alert…. I was woken up many times last night feeling like my vagina was being ripped open and this morning I have had a very increased amount of discharge. I am expecting that my mucus must be getting ready to come out. Does this sound about right? I am thinking I wont make it until after 3-20 at this rate.

Heather- I was actually not insinuating that you eat only 1200 calories a day, all I am saying is that you do not need to add anything extra. You should eat what your maintenance plus any exercise is. I have always had problems with my pregnancies so I have not exercised since 6 weeks and still ended up on bed rest at 26 weeks. I was eating only 1200 plus exercise for the first 6 weeks (when I found out I was pregnant) and increased to 1700 which my doctor said was too little. I have set my goal to maintenance ever since which is a little over 2100 calories but have not been doing a very good job keeping track lately. Also the cramping is something that I have experienced on and off throughout all of my pregnancies. It starts with implantation cramping and it seems like you have some cramps as your uterus stretches to make room for baby.

Rachel – Good luck with your ultrasound today!

Hubby asked me if he can panic now, he is really off today and asking me if I think she will wait til next week. He has been so good with calming me down that now it has become so real to him. Everything is ready for her and our bags are packed, I guess I should get my boys bag packed today so that they will be ready as well. I am so worried that she will be here before the boys birthday party and I am so worried about people and their germs being around my newborn! I think I would just find a corner to keep me and her in, no looking forward to the infamous game of pass the baby my inlaws play. Nothing annoys me more than the way they all want to hold the baby and then ignore them once they wont sit still like dolls anymore. Oh boy! What did I get myself into? :sad:
  • cuppycake22
    cuppycake22 Posts: 224
    Options
    Thank you! we found out last ultrasound that we are having a baby boy as well :) He has been very active this morning so hopefully we can get a better picture this time!
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options

So it all depends on the priest and his views on people participating.

As Catholics we believe that only a Catholic priest can consecrate the Body and Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ. A Catholic priest allowing non Catholics to receive, w/ his express knowledge, is misinformed about the teachings of the Catholic Church. Not all Catholic priests as well as laypeople, sadly, are properly catechized. I forgot to add that as a Catholic priest they do not have the authority to make unilateral decisions regarding dogma of the Church. They answer to a Bishop, the Bishop answers to the Archbishop, the Archbishop to the Cardinal, and the Cardinal to the Pope.

All I was saying was you are incorrect with your original statement of saying "A non Catholic or a non practicing Catholic receiving Communion is wrong b/c they do not believe it is the true Body of Christ. . . " Lutherans and I am sure other some other "non Catholic" religions do so believe it is the true Body of Christ.
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hey Heather - I just noticed your due date is 11/8/11 - Wouldn't it be cool if you hit 11/11/11? And had the baby at 11:11??

My Grandad's birthday was 11/11/11. Sadly he has been gone now for almost 9 years. What a cool birthday to have!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Got to my apt today and they said they were going to do the 1 hr glucose test - I was like... um, no, we're not doing that today. I need some warning if my apt is going to be that long - I have to be to work by 9, have to get the car back before husband leaves etc. So I go back in 3 weeks instead of 4 and get it and my 3rd tri blood work done. Yikes! 3 weeks and I will be in 3rd tri!

I weighed 170 today. I started at 154.6, but that was in the morning, empty bladder, naked - this was after eating (free shortstack at IHOP morning, and I happen to drive by one on my way in to the apt!), drinking 2 full glasses of water, and wearing a sweater. On my way out, I weighed myself w/out the sweater and on an empty bladder and it was 168, so another 1-2 lbs for clothes and breakfast and not too bad - up about 10-12 lbs so far. I'm determined to start in on some exercise of some sort soon as well as eating fewer carbs and more veggies. My son gets home this weekend, so my activity level is going to automatically go way up anyway. The next 2 months are the part I can see myself gaining a lot of weight. I think I topped 195 last time, so I'm still doing a lot better! I don't THINK I'll gain 25 in the next 3 months! (but, I went on a cruise last time at this time... so you can see where that weight gain came from! I ate an ungodly amount!)

I want to see what my dr says next week about my back - if I can run or not. I think I might be more apt to stick with that then with just walking if I can mix it up. If so, I want to get a pair of barefoot shoes though since I have always noticed my joints and back hurt a lot less if I run barefoot or in flip flops than in athletic shoes.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options

I never work anymore - I just read this :laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Pregnancy brain has hit me full force: it took me about 15 minutes to get this typed without spelling mistakes. :ohwell:

I went to Cracker Barrel this weekend and the runner brought out my food and the jelly but not the biscuits. I tried to tell my waitress what I was missing, but I couldn't remember the word for jelly so I was like - "the runner brought out.... um..... uh... this stuff <<pointing>>... but forgot the biscuits."
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Mel, I have the Vibram Fivefingers Sprint running shoes as well as New Balance 100s. I LOVE New Balance 100s. They're my favorite running (and all exercise) shoe hands down. I found mine for $40 (regularly $80 or so) because I got them just a couple months before the new model came out (came out last October). You can probably still find a few of the old model floating around somewhere.

I wanted to love the Vibrams so much but I get blisters on my big toes every time I run more than 2 miles at a time in them. I guess my toes would toughen up after a while. But to be honest, my feet are already pretty gross & callus-erific and tough to begin with since I do go barefoot most of the time & when I do wear shoes it's either no support ballet flats to work or no support chucks when I'm dressed casually. I do like them as walking shoes for moderate distances. I just couldn't get past the nasty bloody & painful toe blisters.
  • MisdemeanorM
    Options
    Mel, I have the Vibram Fivefingers Sprint running shoes as well as New Balance 100s. I LOVE New Balance 100s. They're my favorite running (and all exercise) shoe hands down. I found mine for $40 (regularly $80 or so) because I got them just a couple months before the new model came out (came out last October). You can probably still find a few of the old model floating around somewhere.

I wanted to love the Vibrams so much but I get blisters on my big toes every time I run more than 2 miles at a time in them. I guess my toes would toughen up after a while. But to be honest, my feet are already pretty gross & callus-erific and tough to begin with since I do go barefoot most of the time & when I do wear shoes it's either no support ballet flats to work or no support chucks when I'm dressed casually. I do like them as walking shoes for moderate distances. I just couldn't get past the nasty bloody & painful toe blisters.

Thanks for the review! I hate spending money on things that I don't know for sure I will like so it's nerve racking for me to buy shoes :laugh:. I mean, I bought some $5 artichoke/spinach dip at Publix last night since I have some pita chips that are dreadful plain and I hemmed and hawed over it for a good 3 minutes before sticking it in my cart. So, you can imagine on things that are a wee bit more than $5!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Thank you! we found out last ultrasound that we are having a baby boy as well :) He has been very active this morning so hopefully we can get a better picture this time!

Congrats on your BOY!