Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Mama: I'm very interested in which stores you shop at in ABQ? I'm also from ABQ yay! so glad to hear that and i'm suffering from the juniper allergies also :(

Oh wow! Other Mothers is low priced, but ugh customer there was very poor my last two visits. I like the west side location, but further for me. There is The Cedar Chest on the westside. I haven't been there, but heard good things. I also shop Savers.

I hate the juniper!
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options

Also, I called the doctor's office and found out my HCG levels.....on Wednesday at 3pm my hcg levels were 464 on Friday at 11am (in less than 24 hours) they were 1,433!!!! They tripled in less than 24 hours! The nurse said that this is indicative of multiples.....OMG! Guess we shall see next Wednesday. I told my DH just to brace himself for twins (if I said anything more than that he'd fall out on the spot). He is freaking out....

My cousin has 2 1/2 year old twin girls. I asked her once how she did it with two and she said that since it was her first pregnancy she didn’t know any different, this was “normal” to her. It would have been a different story is she already had one then had twins. So if there is more than one in there, at least you’re getting it out of the way in the beginning. :wink:
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Also, I called the doctor's office and found out my HCG levels.....on Wednesday at 3pm my hcg levels were 464 on Friday at 11am (in less than 24 hours) they were 1,433!!!! They tripled in less than 24 hours! The nurse said that this is indicative of multiples.....OMG! Guess we shall see next Wednesday. I told my DH just to brace himself for twins (if I said anything more than that he'd fall out on the spot). He is freaking out....

How exciting!!!! I got goosebumps for you reading that! Twins could be lots of fun, Mama :wink: Can't wait to hear what you find out!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    [Boy I thought my boss was cheap, I ALWAYS would get the one more thing call but no matter what it is he pays me overtime for anything I do. If I get a call after hours he will be billed for it. I used to just let everything go and it got out of control, I think once he sat down and realized how much time and a half is for something usually stupid that he could handle himself he slowed down on the calls. I do get to bring work home to either make up hours or put in some overtime which I love. There is some of my work that he expects me to bring home for overtime because there is plenty to do in the office during my regular 8 hour day. I used to work 10 hours a day then cut down to 9 and since becoming pregnant it was only 8 in the office and then some over time at home. I think I will keep it like that because I am sure that hubby will be ready for a break from the 3 little ones when I get off of work.

It's not necessarily about being cheap. It sounds like Mel's position is considered "exempt" from FLSA laws (though Mel, I'd SERIOUSLY look into that if I were you) so she's considered "salaried" regardless of the hours she works over 40. In my position, I'm one pay band away from being considered exempt & my supervisor is considered exempt. So, in October when we work crazy hours (sometimes 60 per week), she gets paid her normal salary, which is based on a 37.5 hour workweek. I have to work up to 40 hours/week for my regular salary (normally I work 37.5) but I get time and a half comp time (which is paid time off, not paid overtime) for any time I physically work over 40 hours in a week. That's a federal law. I'm not sure what exactly makes a position able to be classified as exempt from that law, though. Maybe salary level or supervisory duties or just 'cause. It's not like my supervisor really makes much money (though she does gross about twice my salary :grumble:).
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Rachael how ridiculous that a neighborhood can determine if you can live there or not by how much you make. What is it their business if you have saved and can pay the mortgage?! I think that is the stupidest rule ever!

Welcome Laura! There is a great board called Fit for Future Families that is also a wonderful place to go when TTC. I just came to this board from there. There are lots of women with amazing information and are great at being super supportive!

Brittony that is awesome that everyone understood. I can only imagine. You didn't wanna be a party pooper but there is only so
    Sunday 45 minutes TAM

My neighbor had twins 2 weeks ago, she also has a 16 month year old and a 13 year old. I think if it is multiples it will be fine. 2 is easier than 3 or 4 for sure. That is great that your HCG levels are going up. I know they are supposed to double in a 24-48 hour period, so it may be a sign.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Rachael how ridiculous that a neighborhood can determine if you can live there or not by how much you make. What is it their business if you have saved and can pay the mortgage?! I think that is the stupidest rule ever!

Welcome Laura! There is a great board called Fit for Future Families that is also a wonderful place to go when TTC. I just came to this board from there. There are lots of women with amazing information and are great at being super supportive!

Brittony that is awesome that everyone understood. I can only imagine. You didn't wanna be a party pooper but there is only so much you can put a pregnant woman through before she can't take it anymore!

The Chinese gender chart was wrong all 3 times with my good friend.

My exercise for last week:
    Monday 55 minutes Tracy Anderson method (TAM) 60 minutes treadmill/hill climbs
    Tues 45 minutes TAM
    Wed 55 minutes TAM 60 minutes treadmill/elliptical
    Thurs 45 minutes TAM
    Fri 55 minutes TAM
    Sunday 45 minutes TAM

I'm confused. Aren't there 44 hours between Wednesday at 3pm and Friday at 11am? :wink: I think HCG levels are expected to double every 48 hours or so, so tripling is indeed pretty impressive. :happy:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    [Boy I thought my boss was cheap, I ALWAYS would get the one more thing call but no matter what it is he pays me overtime for anything I do. If I get a call after hours he will be billed for it. I used to just let everything go and it got out of control, I think once he sat down and realized how much time and a half is for something usually stupid that he could handle himself he slowed down on the calls. I do get to bring work home to either make up hours or put in some overtime which I love. There is some of my work that he expects me to bring home for overtime because there is plenty to do in the office during my regular 8 hour day. I used to work 10 hours a day then cut down to 9 and since becoming pregnant it was only 8 in the office and then some over time at home. I think I will keep it like that because I am sure that hubby will be ready for a break from the 3 little ones when I get off of work.

It's not necessarily about being cheap. It sounds like Mel's position is considered "exempt" from FLSA laws (though Mel, I'd SERIOUSLY look into that if I were you) so she's considered "salaried" regardless of the hours she works over 40. In my position, I'm one pay band away from being considered exempt & my supervisor is considered exempt. So, in October when we work crazy hours (sometimes 60 per week), she gets paid her normal salary, which is based on a 37.5 hour workweek. I have to work up to 40 hours/week for my regular salary (normally I work 37.5) but I get time and a half comp time (which is paid time off, not paid overtime) for any time I physically work over 40 hours in a week. That's a federal law. I'm not sure what exactly makes a position able to be classified as exempt from that law, though. Maybe salary level or supervisory duties or just 'cause. It's not like my supervisor really makes much money (though she does gross about twice my salary :grumble:).

I THINK she justifies it under
    "Administrative Exemptions
    To qualify for the administrative employee exemption, all of the following tests must be met:
    • The employee must be compensated on a salary or fee basis (as defined in the regulations) at a rate not less than $455 per week;
    • The employee’s primary duty must be the performance of office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of the employer or the employer’s customers; and
    • The employee’s primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. "

I don't know that it necessarily fits, but it's so broad you could fit so many things to it to justify it. I would not say I have much discretion and independent judgement either - my boss is a super micromanager, so even if my position is SUPPOSED to have this, it doesn't. :laugh:

She is exempt from things like FMLA, health insurance, benefits, etc though for having only 3-7 employees.

I'm making a little more now, but when I had my first son in 2007, my hospital bill alone was more than I grossed that year! Hell, my first year working I made about $5K less than my yearly college tuition/board was!!! I think I deserve more in the $45-50K range, but I doubt I will ever see anything near that! At this rate of raises.... maybe in another 10 yrs. My hope is eventually I can do this on my own and have more money and flexibility with it. Or at least the same money and fewer hours. My boss works 24/7 herself (usually needlessly, very inefficient!) so she's a little unreasonable :smile: My high school drop out hubby currently makes the equivalent if not more than I do with a BBA + a minor, and he's working retail! I could even make $14 / hr if not better waitressing, but I hate doing that full time and there's no potential for it to go anywhere. I suppose I can't complain too much. The entertainment industry in general has cut back to the bare bones in staffing but I still have a job, and I make enough to scrape together the bills, but it'd be nice to make a more comfortable living. I have to say though, I was pretty pissed when I accidentally learned that the new office asst started at $5k more than I was making after being here 5 years!! :mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble: :grumble:
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options

I am glad you levels are going up. I don't really know much about them. I am going to hope for one or two healthy LO's!
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Deal alert! CVS is offering a FREE umbrella stroller when you buy $25 worth of participating products (which are very useful things like Desitin, Johnson & Johnson baby products, CVS brand prenatals, diapers, wipes etc). There are tons of coupons out there for most of the items, too. I expect to get a bottle of 30 prenatal vitamins, a few J&J products, a few tubes of Desitin and a stroller for under $20 after all my coupons. :happy:
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Mama: I'm very interested in which stores you shop at in ABQ? I'm also from ABQ yay! so glad to hear that and i'm suffering from the juniper allergies also :(

Oh wow! Other Mothers is low priced, but ugh customer there was very poor my last two visits. I like the west side location, but further for me. There is The Cedar Chest on the westside. I haven't been there, but heard good things. I also shop Savers.

I hate the juniper!
    Thanks!
    I stopped by other mothers on the west side and i agree their customer service wasn't all so great. There was a jogging stroller there that i liked though so I may get that at my next payday if it's still there.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Great job on exercise to everyone that has posted so far!

Mel - I never thought of looking for a seat cover for my bike, thanks for the suggestion! PS: I sorta want to slap your boss....she sounds pretty demanding and just terrible in general....

Mama - I am jealous of all that walking you're able to do! The weather in MI is still pretty cold, but I hear we're gonna hit into the 40's next week (fingers crossed!!)

Heather - So glad to hear your HCG levels are increasing! Can't wait to hear what you find out after your appointment on Wednesday.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

I THINK she justifies it under
    "Administrative Exemptions
    To qualify for the administrative employee exemption, all of the following tests must be met:
    • The employee must be compensated on a salary or fee basis (as defined in the regulations) at a rate not less than $455 per week;
    • The employee’s primary duty must be the performance of office or non-manual work directly related to the management or general business operations of the employer or the employer’s customers; and
    • The employee’s primary duty includes the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. " <snip>

I could see that fitting. Whew. Thank goodness I have an immediate supervisor who should be exercising discretion & independent judgement for me (Though I've recently discovered she trusts me to do some pretty significant stuff without her even glancing over it. If I screwed up royally, she'd go down with me for it. And she never manages me unless I come to her and ask her to. :laugh: :heart: her!). Otherwise it sounds like my position would be "exempt" as well.
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options

Thanks!
    I stopped by other mothers on the west side and i agree their customer service wasn't all so great. There was a jogging stroller there that i liked though so I may get that at my next payday if it's still there.

Well the Other Mother's in the middle on town off San Mateo is terrible. I just looked up Sunny Bright which is on 5300 Sequoia RD NW.
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    As far as exercise goes, I didn't get my 4x in (but I blame it on not starting until Thursday).
    I got in
    35 minutes walking on Thursday
    30 minutes walking Friday
    About 45 minutes of yardwork on Saturday until it started raining

I would've gotten my 4th in on Sunday but it was raining so I sat on the couch & made decorations for the nursery allll day. I could've done something inside.

3x isn't so bad for a short week.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    okay, so is anyone else exhausted? I cannot believe how tired I have been. I thought the second trimester was suposed to bring more energy and I do feel better than the first but I can't believe how after work I am just tired as can be. Is it just me or is this normal?

Ps. I wish that girl scout cookies were healthy :smile:
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    just had a piece of advice for you ladies with morning (i.e. ANYTIME) sickness - when you start to feel queezy, run ice cold water over your wrists. It worked for me everytime.

Good luck to all of you!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    okay, so is anyone else exhausted? I cannot believe how tired I have been. I thought the second trimester was suposed to bring more energy and I do feel better than the first but I can't believe how after work I am just tired as can be. Is it just me or is this normal?

I have definitely gotten some of my energy back compared to the first tri, but I am nowhere near how I felt pre-pregnancy. I used to be able to stay up til at least 11 and get up for work refreshed at 7. Now I'm lucky to make it past 9:30, and when the alarm goes off I want to smash it into a gazillion pieces and sleep a couple more hours. I used to be able to go home after work and do all kinds of stuff, now I only have the energy to make dinner, do the dishes, and maybe a load of laundry.

I seriously don't know how moms do it after the first kid. Right now if I want to be lazy after work or on the weekends I can, but I know once you have the baby you work on their schedule. Trying to get as much sleep/relaxation in as possible right now so I can try to keep up with baby!
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Ps. I wish that girl scout cookies were healthy :smile:

I got my energy back for about 4 weeks (wanna say between 15 weeks & 19 weeks) and it was awesome. But now I'm feeling pretty drained again. I've been in bed by 10pm most nights (even weekends) which is very unusualy for me (but is an improvement over 1st tri). This wekeend I was in bed for about 11 hours each night (mostly sleeping, some TV watching right before I fall asleep). I feel like I didn't even really have a weekend because I spent so much time asleep or wanting to be asleep. I almost didn't believe it was already Monday this morning.

I don't think I'm anemic because I don't really feel weak & I'm not tired *all* the time. I feel awesome for several hours after I wake up but by the time 7-8pm rolls around I just want to crawl into my bed (I usually force myself to hold out for a couple more hours). I guess it's normal? It's not like I'm even all that sleepy. "Drained" is pretty much the only word that seems to accurately describe it for me.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    ugh. First workday with my son back. How the hell am I going to do this with 2?!?! :huh: Where's the "pulling your hair out" emoticon? At least he loves his new room, so he has played in there some. So far he's woken me up at the butt crack of dawn (Mom! Wake up! It's daytime out!! - I'm not really sure WHAT he did for the next hour and a 1/2... I went back to sleep... :yawn: ) refused to eat every food he's insisted he's wanted at each meal, took a huge dump in his underwear, made a mess of toys/ stuff etc (speaking of which, I hear another bin dumping... better go check it out), and accidentally downloaded /ordered a paid game on the Xbox (luckily I think it was "only" $10). Actually, not that rough a day, I'm just not back into it yet after 7 weeks "off!":ohwell: :tongue:

Edit.... i found him... he's naked... WTH?!