Pregnancy 2011 - March

Options

Replies

• ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    It says a boy and I am supposed to be having a boy.

At first when I did it a long time ago it said girl, but the issue was I conceived as I was turning a year older at the end of a month, so I had to remember when it happened.:laugh:
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    Hey Rachi - any grad school news for your hubby?

We are actually expecting a letter the beginning of this week from the school we want to go to!! So it's coming. He did get accepted to one about an hour away from were we live, but it's just quite a bit more expensive. So we are hoping and praying we get a yes on the other. I will let you know as soon as we find out.
  • jamielangner
    Options
    Checking in for the challenge, I did well! I did 30 minutes of prenatal yoga Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, & Sunday! 5 days! I also did A LOT of cleaning every day which was certainly more calories burned than yoga. I'm definitely nesting like crazy and have been cleaning EVERYTHING. I also felt the baby drop the past couple days for sure... getting very uncomfortable down there!
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    So we have been house hunting these past couple of weeks. We found one we absolutely love. We were planning on putting in an offer today. However, our Realtor found out that in this community you can only make a certain amount of money to live there. (I really hate when people put restrictions like that, who are they to decide if I want to save some extra money). Anyway, last year we made just $2000 more than that amount, however this year I know will be less because I will be going to part time after I have my baby. And then the upcoming 4 years will be way less, because my husband will be going to grad school and not working as much either. I hope they don't base the decision on what we made last year. I really love this house!
  • brittonymiller
    brittonymiller Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Good luck Rachael!!
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Heather- you will have the wildest dreams at the beginning of pregnancy. I kept dreaming that hubby was cheating on me. He would tell me that I just didn’t understand how wonderful this other girl was. Everyone told me that meant I was having a girl… boy were they right. I wouldn’t worry about being “that patient” I don’t even wait for the office to open if I have any issues, I have the ability to email my doctor who actually replies…even on Sundays.

Littlespy-Guess I never really looked into what other states do, this is my 3rd time on state disability and I am just glad that I will get to have some of my money that they collect. The rest you end up loosing and pay until the day you retire. That is the part that sucks but having 4 weeks before and 6 weeks after paid sure is a nice perk. If my boss really had it his way we would ALL not have any children or would give birth at the office and go right back to work. Seems like his 2 most trusted and highest position employees always get pregnant together! We like our babies to have playmates, lol! That is what he gets when he decided to hire in 2 girls 10 years ago at age 19 and 22…. We have been through marriage and babies now, lol! Your perks sound nice, we only get 4 sick days and 3 weeks vacation after 10 years with 5 paid holidays a year.

Amanda-Glad your shower went well, don’t feel overwhelmed by all of the stuff….especially the clothing. I would suggest that you go ahead and wash all of it and put it in piles based on size. Once you do that check to see what you have for each stage and separate. Make sure you have your onesies, jammies, socks, hats, bibs, burpcloths, ect. I felt overwhelmed at first but once I separated all of it I figured out that I was still missing a few things so I went shopping for those odds and ends and now everything is ready,

Lynn-don’t count on your water breaking…. With my first it was near time that I gave birth that it broke, with my second they broke it for me and I delivered about an hour later. I am not sure if I would allow them to break it for me again but while in labor I do like the sound of anything (except pitocin) to speed things along. Some people actually do have their water break and then have contractions, I always feared being at the store and having my water break but never had that experience, ever person and every pregnancy is different…just be in tuned with your body.

Katrina- I haven’t posted anything yet for post pregnancy weight loss, I worry that if I post it now there will be plenty of attention yet none of us need it yet… I have a feeling that we will be having our babies around the same time. I think that we will all be in here at least a few times after our little ones are born but I do promise I will put a link in here for all when it goes up. If someone else has the baby first and creates the group than please post the link here as well. We have all been through the pregnancy together so I think that the post partum and weight loss we should also be together. It is all part of the journey.

Rachael-Good luck house hunting, we are fortunate we got in when we did because the market here is absolutely nuts. Hopefully you will find something soon and get it closed and ready before your little one arrives.

Not feeling as bad today, I think Brooklynn just wants to show everyone who is in charge. She will probably end up torturing me for the next couple of weeks just to keep us on our toes. I have everyone begging her to just stay put for 14 more days, 37 + 1 will mean that we can have the boys party without any unexpected guests and she will be considered full term and at that point I wont worry about the possibility of there being any reason for the doctors to take her away from my side to “monitor” her or what not.
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    So we have been house hunting these past couple of weeks. We found one we absolutely love. We were planning on putting in an offer today. However, our Realtor found out that in this community you can only make a certain amount of money to live there. (I really hate when people put restrictions like that, who are they to decide if I want to save some extra money). Anyway, last year we made just $2000 more than that amount, however this year I know will be less because I will be going to part time after I have my baby. And then the upcoming 4 years will be way less, because my husband will be going to grad school and not working as much either. I hope they don't base the decision on what we made last year. I really love this house!

I hope it goes in your favor. House hunting is no fun due to all the stress of just getting there. Being in your own place will def. be a huge stress reliever for you though once the baby is here :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Any of you that know what you are having or have a DS or DD did you look at the Chinese gendar chart? Was it right? It said DS and was right with my first. Now it says DS again. Just wondering!

Wrong for me when I use my lunar age (like you're supposed to with the chart) . If I use my solar age, it's right. :laugh:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    The seat on my stationary bike seriously hurts my @ss....after about 10 mins it goes numb. The bike is from like 1975 (garage sale $5!) and we can't get the seat off to put a new one on. I started the bike on Sunday and I just wasn't feelin it, so I decided to do some "aerobics" lol.

You should look for a bike seat cover. They make really nice and comfortable ones.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Mjtwomail – That sounds terrible. I get 13 sick days, 15 vacation and 4 personal a year. All can be carried over to the next year except the personal, and we also get 13 paid holidays. The thing I like most about my job is that due to confidentially I can’t do any work outside of the office and they’re insanely strict about working times and breaks. We’re only allowed in the office 15 minutes before it opens to the public and we have to be out 15 minutes after it closes – however, I’m usually shutting my computer down 5 minutes before my shift is up.

That would be so nice! I get 3 sick, 0 personal, 5 vacation, and 9 paid holiday (unless a holiday falls on a weekend, then we don't get it - Ie Christmas was on a Sat this year, so we got Christmas Eve only - same for New Years. Though I pulled rank and sort of made my boss give them off to me! (because I had made plans already when I assumed we had off Monday to make up for a weekend holiday)). Nothing rolls over, but we do get to cash out our vacation days at the end of the year. I put in enough free hours and weekend hours etc to make up for pretty much all the time off we get, so it's sort of a push. That's why I don't feel bad wasting work hours online, since I already put in more than 40 a week!

If I shut down my computer at 6 (when I am supposed to be done) instead of at least 10 after, but more like 20 after, I feel like I am leaving early! My boss also tends to call around 5:55 with something urgent that must be done that day. Sometimes at 6:05!.... when I worked in the office not at home EVERY day she would call with "one more thing" between 5:55 and 6:10 and if we did not answer we'd get in trouble. When the phone would ring the two of us would argue about who had to answer! :laugh: :laugh: No! It's your turn!!! I answered yesterday and stayed an extra (free) 40 minutes!
    My company gives you 1 hour of paid time for every 10 hours you work. So in a 40 hour week, I bank 4 hours of paid time. We use this for sick time, vacation time, and personal days.

Wow, that would be awesome! I would get to save up nearly 5 weeks a year working that schedule (We don't get overtime, our clock stops at 40 no matter how many extra hours we put in).
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Mjtwomail – That sounds terrible. I get 13 sick days, 15 vacation and 4 personal a year. All can be carried over to the next year except the personal, and we also get 13 paid holidays. The thing I like most about my job is that due to confidentially I can’t do any work outside of the office and they’re insanely strict about working times and breaks. We’re only allowed in the office 15 minutes before it opens to the public and we have to be out 15 minutes after it closes – however, I’m usually shutting my computer down 5 minutes before my shift is up.

That would be so nice! I get 3 sick, 0 personal, 5 vacation, and 9 paid holiday (unless a holiday falls on a weekend, then we don't get it - Ie Christmas was on a Sat this year, so we got Christmas Eve only - same for New Years. Though I pulled rank and sort of made my boss give them off to me! (because I had made plans already when I assumed we had off Monday to make up for a weekend holiday)). Nothing rolls over, but we do get to cash out our vacation days at the end of the year. I put in enough free hours and weekend hours etc to make up for pretty much all the time off we get, so it's sort of a push. That's why I don't feel bad wasting work hours online, since I already put in more than 40 a week!

If I shut down my computer at 6 (when I am supposed to be done) instead of at least 10 after, but more like 20 after, I feel like I am leaving early! My boss also tends to call around 5:55 with something urgent that must be done that day. Sometimes at 6:05!.... when I worked in the office not at home EVERY day she would call with "one more thing" between 5:55 and 6:10 and if we did not answer we'd get in trouble. When the phone would ring the two of us would argue about who had to answer! :laugh: :laugh: No! It's your turn!!! I answered yesterday and stayed an extra (free) 40 minutes!
    My company gives you 1 hour of paid time for every 10 hours you work. So in a 40 hour week, I bank 4 hours of paid time. We use this for sick time, vacation time, and personal days.

Wow, that would be awesome! I would get to save up nearly 5 weeks a year working that schedule (We don't get overtime, our clock stops at 40 no matter how many extra hours we put in).

Boy I thought my boss was cheap, I ALWAYS would get the one more thing call but no matter what it is he pays me overtime for anything I do. If I get a call after hours he will be billed for it. I used to just let everything go and it got out of control, I think once he sat down and realized how much time and a half is for something usually stupid that he could handle himself he slowed down on the calls. I do get to bring work home to either make up hours or put in some overtime which I love. There is some of my work that he expects me to bring home for overtime because there is plenty to do in the office during my regular 8 hour day. I used to work 10 hours a day then cut down to 9 and since becoming pregnant it was only 8 in the office and then some over time at home. I think I will keep it like that because I am sure that hubby will be ready for a break from the 3 little ones when I get off of work.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Any of you that know what you are having or have a DS or DD did you look at the Chinese gendar chart? Was it right? It said DS and was right with my first. Now it says DS again. Just wondering!

Mine said boy and I am having a girl!

Amanda- Sounds like a great shower!

Heather- I got sick at 7 weeks and it never went away until 14 weeks.

Exercise Check In: I got in 3 days last week after we started on Thursday. I walked 3 miles on Thursday and 4 miles on Saturday and Sunday. This week I already have my 4 days planned with a friend to do 4 miles each time... I think I will stick to it since I am accountable to someone. I am working on increasing my fruits and veggies this week. Goal is 3 fruits and 2 veggies a day!
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Exercise check in:

25 min walk Monday
    25 min walk Wednesday
    15 strength and stretch Wednesday

I'm hoping to start to add more days this week. I had a visit from a girl scout selling cookies this morning and I did buy :( I've already had three i really need to work on my will power. aye ya aye!
  • Mamatoabunch
    Options
    Challenge

Monday walked 35 minutes
    Tuesday walked 35 minutes
    Wednesday walked 35 minutes
    Thursday cleaning light effort 60 minutes
    Friday walked 105 slow pace and vinyasa yoga 30 minutes
  • pmaria10
    Options
    Mama: I'm very interested in which stores you shop at in ABQ? I'm also from ABQ yay! so glad to hear that and i'm suffering from the juniper allergies also :(
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies-

I go in for my ovary sonogram today and then meet with my OBGYN about starting Clomid today or tomorrow! I did Clomid with my first baby so I'm hoping I get pregnant with the first round again! I can't wait to get it started!

Laura
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hi Ladies-

I go in for my ovary sonogram today and then meet with my OBGYN about starting Clomid today or tomorrow! I did Clomid with my first baby so I'm hoping I get pregnant with the first round again! I can't wait to get it started!

Laura

Welcome Laura!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hello ladies! I'm glad everyone was busy this weekend. There wasn't as much catching up to do as I thought there would be, only three pages which we sometimes hit in one day :smile:

The beach was really nice. It was nice seeing my brother in law. We hadn't seen him since the wedding and I know my husband really missed seeing him. We went out to eat a lot, but it was really yummy and fun. My husband got to play a soccer game with his brother's rec team, which was really cool. He is a great player and hasn't touched a ball in so long. I'm hoping it gets him to join a rec team here. I enjoyed sitting in the sun with the dog and cheering him on. I could totally see myself doing that year after year with baby in tow.

So I thought it would be easy to be D.D. and let the boys all go out and have fun at the bars. I mean, it's just like bars before I was pregnant only I can't drink. WRONG! First of all the crowds in Charleston were freaking insane! Spring breakers must have been out in full force. So there I was waddling through crowds of drunken idiots worried that I was going to be elbowed. Then, the bars we go to all have bands playing. Cool right? NO! Those small bars had the speakers up full blast to where the bass was making my chest hurt. I started freaking out. If this was hurting my chest, what could it be doing to the little baby's heart?! I had to get out of there. I went outside and waded through a sea of smokers to get to a corner where I started to cry because I had turned into the biggest party pooper ever. They all understood and told me they were surprised I lasted as long as I did. We all ended up going back to the house and they had fun drinking and playing card games, so the night wasn't completely ruined. I know what I can and can't do for next time though! I'll be D.D., but we have to go to a quiet bar in a quite neighborhood. Accoustic musicians only please!

So I weighed myself this morning and am up 2.2lbs from last week. Not too bad considering the amount of crap I ate all weekend long. I think a lot of it is probably water retention. I'm going to get right on our exercise goal and be as healthy as possible this week. We're going home for my goddaughter's first birthday this weekend and I want to be reduce any and all bloat. I'd like to look like it's all belly :happy:

I understand how you feel. I have tried to go along a couple times and my friends have been awesome about going to low-key places when I come but sometimes its frustrating! Glad you all ended up having a good night!
  • heathercrist1
    heathercrist1 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Rachael how ridiculous that a neighborhood can determine if you can live there or not by how much you make. What is it their business if you have saved and can pay the mortgage?! I think that is the stupidest rule ever!

Welcome Laura! There is a great board called Fit for Future Families that is also a wonderful place to go when TTC. I just came to this board from there. There are lots of women with amazing information and are great at being super supportive!

Brittony that is awesome that everyone understood. I can only imagine. You didn't wanna be a party pooper but there is only so much you can put a pregnant woman through before she can't take it anymore!

The Chinese gender chart was wrong all 3 times with my good friend.

My exercise for last week:
    Monday 55 minutes Tracy Anderson method (TAM) 60 minutes treadmill/hill climbs
    Tues 45 minutes TAM
    Wed 55 minutes TAM 60 minutes treadmill/elliptical
    Thurs 45 minutes TAM
    Fri 55 minutes TAM
    Sunday 45 minutes TAM

Also, I called the doctor's office and found out my HCG levels.....on Wednesday at 3pm my hcg levels were 464 on Friday at 11am (in less than 24 hours) they were 1,433!!!! They tripled in less than 24 hours! The nurse said that this is indicative of multiples.....OMG! Guess we shall see next Wednesday. I told my DH just to brace himself for twins (if I said anything more than that he'd fall out on the spot). He is freaking out....
  • pmaria10
    Options
    heather: glad to hear your HCG levels are increasing!! How exciting twins idk if it's what you wanted but personally i'd be so excited to have two babies for the price of one :D Can you tell i like bargains. haha :)