17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Day 8.....Made a very good vegetarian meal of zucchini stuff with water sautéed mushrooms, onion celery, green peppers added egg white for protein, fresh herbs from my garden. Topped with fat free mozzarella and marinara sauce. Baked @ 350. YUMMMMMM. Love how creative this diet can be and how it helps you focus on healthy real foods. The challenge has been that I do not eat much meat. Blueberry picking yesterday Supporting the family farm.
    Day 9 Goal.... start tracking my exercise again

This is only a fad diet if you go back to eating crappy food.... it is a way to focus on what we all know would be healthy eatting
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Day 11...Tilapia with mango salsa, is really great. Loving my George Forman and love following this. Is so easy and so healthy. Learning to combine different steamed veggies for different tastes. Getting creative and getting my big salad a day!! Eating to live. This first 17 days helps you get rid of those cravings for too much sugar. It teaches you that whole healthy foods are the key. I am not going crazy eating large amounts of unhealthy meats, are all healthy low fat fish and occasional poultry Sugar free jello with sugar free coolwhip has been my occasional evening treat...Not sure that is on the diet but I have loved jello since I was a kid!
    A good day!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Considering what the word "fad" really means, yeah, this is a fad diet.

There's no shame in taking a little advice from the book to incorporate into your new lifestyle, but the loss is not from the food you're eating...it's the lack of food, or caloric deficit.

Simple.
    interesting considering I did it lost 28lbs and have kept it off due to this "fad". That was 7months ago. There is no lack of food in this diet I was not hungry ever. I still follow phase 2 loosely but it has a maintenance phase I just don't feel like doing 40 mins of cardio everyday nor do I have the time.

And it's hard to create a lifestyle without some structure to start it and this gives you the structure.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Day 11...Tilapia with mango salsa, is really great. Loving my George Forman and love following this. Is so easy and so healthy. Learning to combine different steamed veggies for different tastes. Getting creative and getting my big salad a day!! Eating to live. This first 17 days helps you get rid of those cravings for too much sugar. It teaches you that whole healthy foods are the key. I am not going crazy eating large amounts of unhealthy meats, are all healthy low fat fish and occasional poultry Sugar free jello with sugar free coolwhip has been my occasional evening treat...Not sure that is on the diet but I have loved jello since I was a kid!
    A good day!

Glad to hear you are really enjoying it...I found I slept better, had more energy and to be honest now when I eat simple carbs like pizza on white crust I feel blahhhhhhhhhhhh in a couple of hours.

This is the best boost ever and I love how creative you can get with healthy foods from smoothies to spices to fresh salsa's etc.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Day 12...yay I lost a lb!! 4lbs so far:) YES I love the structure....I love the way you can be creative. It is not boring at all and real food. Thanks for the encouragement....
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

This is only a fad diet if you go back to eating crappy food.... it is a way to focus on what we all know would be healthy eatting

^exactly!!
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Day 13.....cycle 1....wow removed 2 more lbs from my body lol. I have been listening to the audio Body for Life for women . I love how she says that. She talks about how when we loose something we tend to want it back. So she concentrates on removing weight from our bodies, because we don't want that back.

I have been eating so many veggies and protein and have never not been satisfied or starving. This structure does teach you that if you eat fruits veggies and protein, it is easy to stay in that 1200 calorie range. I read so many people saying it is hard to do and how it is not enough food. This teaches you how to eat the right foods. Actually Body for Life.....follows this same principles. Dr Mike as he says in the book has this first accelerate phase to teach you the principles of healthy eating and because of it your body says thank you and starts to work more efficiently.

Happy Friday

PS: I made my own form of chicken wraps using romaine lettuce leaves....YUM!!
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Day 15......Preparing for Cycle 2.....I Look forward to shrimp ,scallops, lobster, crab 1/2 cup servings of grains..i miss my oatmeal a staple for my breakfasts. And legumes.....less chicken for me....

Planning a Monday Wednesday Friday Activate days Tuesday Thursday Saturday Accelerate days. What I learned from the last time I did this was I would forget what day I was on when I did the every other day thing. Soooo Sunday will not be a free day, but a 1200-1400 calories day, because I tend to get more exercise this day
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Day 15......Preparing for Cycle 2.....I Look forward to shrimp ,scallops, lobster, crab 1/2 cup servings of grains..i miss my oatmeal a staple for my breakfasts. And legumes.....less chicken for me....

Planning a Monday Wednesday Friday Activate days Tuesday Thursday Saturday Accelerate days. What I learned from the last time I did this was I would forget what day I was on when I did the every other day thing. Soooo Sunday will not be a free day, but a 1200-1400 calories day, because I tend to get more exercise this day

sounds like a good plan.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Day 17.Cycle 1....woohooo I didn't do it exact but I was 90%....I removed 7 lbs from my body..if I am 1lb less in the am tomorrow I would have met my goal of 150. I am going to makes this a great day.
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    bump
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    There are at least two reports in this thread of people getting ill from this "diet". As far as anecdotal evidence goes, it doesn't sound good.

Why not just, I don't know, eat at a deficit of calories and not bother with jumping through the hoops of fire?

because, I don't know, some people struggle with eating at a deficit and eat up all their calories by noon when they eat according to what MFP gives them and they need the structure to get them moving in the right direction....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    never heard of it and sounds like a fad...

why do something for 17 days, lose water weight, and then gain it all back?

why don't you just make a permanent change, eat in a deficit, work out, eat less and healthier, and do this for life?

All that is going to happen is that a week after day 17 you are going to be posting asking why all the weight came back...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    My coworker is doing it. She has cheated a little bit but has stayed mostly true. Even so she has lost 4 pounds in a couple weeks.

She said it's difficult, as she's really hungry. I don't think it allows enough protein, but I think even if you do a variation of the principles it would be a good short term cleanse diet.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

what is she cleansing that your body does not naturally cleanse?

It is difficult and she is hungry ...sounds like a sh*ty way to spend 17 days to me...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    She actually sent me this:

Cycle 1 - Accelerate 17 Days

Diet will consist of lean proteins, vegetables, low sugar fruits, probiotic foods, and good fats. Starchy foods such as potatoes, legumes, brown rice, corn, and oatmeal are not permitted on this cycle, but remember…it’s just 17 days.
    Enjoy fresh fruits and veggies as much as possible. Frozen and canned verggies are fine, in moderation. They must be unsweetened though.
    Do not eat any fruit after 2pm. Fruit is a carb. If you eat carbs in the evening it’s harder for the body to burn them off bc you expend less energy in the evening. Those carbs may be stored as fat.
    Avoid alcohol and sugar in order to help your body eliminate toxins, improve digestion, and burn fat.

Cleansing Vegetables: These veggies support detoxification in the intestines, blood, and liver, and offer protective antioxidants.
    Artichoke Asparagus Bell peppers Broccoli
    Brussels Sprouts Cabbage Carrots Cauliflower
    Celery Cucumbers Eggplant Garlic
    Green Beans Green leafy Kale Leeks
    Lettuce Mushrooms Okra Onions
    Parsley Scallions Spinach Tomatoes

when I saw no carbs after two I stopped readings...this is a BS broscience fad diet. You can eat carbs whenever you want. And then it says no sugar, but you can eat fruit???? Bahahahahahaha guess what? Fruit has sugar in it? Oh, and anything with the word cleanse in it is dead giveaway that total BS is to follow...

OP - do yourself a favor and create a 500 cal deficit and make some permanent changes in your life...

All this "diet" does is restrict carbs so that you lose water weight ....
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options

Diet will consist of lean proteins, vegetables, low sugar fruits, probiotic foods, and good fats. Starchy foods such as potatoes, legumes, brown rice, corn, and oatmeal are not permitted on this cycle, but remember…it’s just 17 days.
    Enjoy fresh fruits and veggies as much as possible. Frozen and canned verggies are fine, in moderation. They must be unsweetened though.
    Do not eat any fruit after 2pm.
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    There is no way I could go without fruit after 2pm and that is for starters. You could possibly end up in hospital suffering with dehydration and starvation mode if you went by this diet but if you eat properly you can lose the weight
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'm so burned out on program styled diets... I have done them before..similar to this..where it is healthy clean eating..but regimented in what you can have..and when to eat.. blah blah.

It isn't a way of life that lives on for me. Also.. my will power for these kind of diets is absolutely gone. That is why I love calorie counting and exercise. It makes sense and trains you to know how much you can really eat..and how to work it off when you go over. common sense. this i can do.
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options

Do not eat any fruit after 2pm. Fruit is a carb. If you eat carbs in the evening it’s harder for the body to burn them off bc you expend less energy in the evening. Those carbs may be stored as fat.
    Avoid alcohol and sugar in order to help your body eliminate toxins, improve digestion, and burn fat.

Cleansing Vegetables: These veggies support detoxification in the intestines, blood, and liver, and offer protective antioxidants.
    Artichoke Asparagus Bell peppers Broccoli
    Brussels Sprouts Cabbage Carrots Cauliflower
    Celery Cucumbers Eggplant Garlic
    Green Beans Green leafy Kale Leeks
    Lettuce Mushrooms Okra Onions
    Parsley Scallions Spinach Tomatoes

when I saw no carbs after two I stopped readings...this is a BS broscience fad diet. You can eat carbs whenever you want. And then it says no sugar, but you can eat fruit???? Bahahahahahaha guess what? Fruit has sugar in it? Oh, and anything with the word cleanse in it is dead giveaway that total BS is to follow...

OP - do yourself a favor and create a 500 cal deficit and make some permanent changes in your life...

All this "diet" does is restrict carbs so that you lose water weight ....
    ^^^^^ as they are know for being diruetic diets! Nicely put
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, congrats to everyone who had success with this diet! One of many problems I have with these diets are long term effects! Has anyone looked into the effects of this particular diet? Your opinions may be swayed after reading them....Not knocking this diet, just speaking truthfully. There are so many other "healthier" ways to lose weight! But again, congrats to you for your accomplishments!