17 Day Diet

Options

Replies

• icandoit63
    icandoit63 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Cycle2 Day1 or C2D1....activate.....alternate between cycle 1 foods and activate phase. adding natural starches=2- 1/2 cup servings of grains, legumes, starchy veggies, or I medium yam or sweet potato...

I am doing M,W,F activate days and T,Th,S accelerate days and making Sunday a day of 1200- 1400 calories
    So day 1 of the next phase begins today :)
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    Hey, icandoit, there's this thing called a blog for these kinds of posts. Utilize it.
  • icandoit63
    Options
    Hey, icandoit, there's this thing called a blog for these kinds of posts. Utilize it.
    I am trying to understand your need to be negative. Make comments in another forum if you really are not interested in the 17day diet.....thanks ......
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    Let all just get out the needles and start shooting up HCG while we're at it!! :tongue:

Seriously, its calories in vs out. No need to do fad diets and overcomplicate matters. You are very likely to gain your weight back when you do restrictive diets like this.

I realize the OP and other posters in this thread could care less about my opinion, but I am posting this to try to help others from following suit. I have had lots of experience doing dumb things like this in the past. SO thankful I know better now. If you'd like to read some of my experiences with fad diets, you can visit my thread. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929824-its-been-over-a-year-since-my-hot-affair-began
  • amytaylorwilliamdrake
    Options
    icandoit, I have question? I started the 17 day diet today. I have not purchased the book because I have done some significant research and think I understand what foods are and are not recommended. I might purchase it tomorrow while I am out. Anyways, I want to support you because I do believe for some people cutting carbs is the ONLY way they can lose weight. I lost about 50 pounds eating low carb. I was able to maintain it for sometime until I quit smoking 7 months ago. I tried using this site to lose weight, exercise faithfully with very little success. I joined weightwatchers 3 months ago and have actually gained weight, and yes to all those that are about to slam me, I track and did not cheat. I am not trying to lose weight to satisfy anyone but myself so if I didn't put forth honest effort I wouldn't bother. Now back to this diet, it makes a lot of sense too me. It is not as restrictive as atkins. I am a nurse as well and work with a doctor who is also a competitive triathlete. He says he only eats carbs in the morning as well, unless he runs like 22km than he will. He also said he was dabbling with carb cycling. This sounds a lot like this plan. My question to you is do u think the book is helpful?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    She actually sent me this:

Cycle 1 - Accelerate 17 Days

Diet will consist of lean proteins, vegetables, low sugar fruits, probiotic foods, and good fats. Starchy foods such as potatoes, legumes, brown rice, corn, and oatmeal are not permitted on this cycle, but remember…it’s just 17 days.
    Enjoy fresh fruits and veggies as much as possible. Frozen and canned verggies are fine, in moderation. They must be unsweetened though.
    Do not eat any fruit after 2pm. Fruit is a carb. If you eat carbs in the evening it’s harder for the body to burn them off bc you expend less energy in the evening. Those carbs may be stored as fat.
    Avoid alcohol and sugar in order to help your body eliminate toxins, improve digestion, and burn fat.
    Probiotics boost the immune system and promote gut cleansing bacteria. They are also thought to help burn fat.
    Eat slowly and until full, don’t overload your stomach.
    Drink eight 8oz glasses of water a day.
    Start off every morning, as soon as you wake, with a hot glass of water with juice from ½ lemon squeezed into to. This gets your digestive juices flowing.
    You can have black coffee (can sweeten with truvia) and tea. It’s actually recommended that you drink green tea with every meal to get in 3 servings, which is beneficial. However, you don’t have to do this.
    Exercise at least 17 minutes a day.

Lean Proteins: Protein stimulates the reduction of body fat. Eat all you want of the following proteins during this cycle.
    Fish (salmon, sole, flounder, catfish, tilapia, canned light tuna in water)
    Poultry (chicken breasts, turkey breasts, ground turkey, eggs)

Cleansing Vegetables: These veggies support detoxification in the intestines, blood, and liver, and offer protective antioxidants.
    Artichoke Asparagus Bell peppers Broccoli
    Brussels Sprouts Cabbage Carrots Cauliflower
    Celery Cucumbers Eggplant Garlic
    Green Beans Green leafy Kale Leeks
    Lettuce Mushrooms Okra Onions
    Parsley Scallions Spinach Tomatoes

Low-Sugar Fruit – 2 servings daily: These fruits are full of water, high in fiber, and low in calories.
    Apples Berries Grapefruit Oranges
    Peaches Pears Plums Prunes
    Red Grapes

Probiotic Foods – 2 servings daily: These help balance your digestive system.
    Yogurt (Greek style, sugar free fruit flavored, plain, low fat) 6oz = 1 serving
    Kefir: similar to a drinking style yogurt (ideal for smoothies)
    Low-fat acidophilus milk
    Yakult
    Breakstone LiveActive Cottage Cheese 1/2 cup – 1 serving
    Sauerkraut ½ cup = 1 serving

Friendly Fats 1-2 TBSP daily:
    Olive oil and flaxseed oil

Condiments: in moderation
    Salsa, low-carb marinara sauce, lite soy sauce, low-carb ketchup, fat-free sour cream, low-fat, low sodium broth, Truvia sweetner, sugar free jams, vegetable cooking spray, fat free cheeses (parmesean) fat-free salad dressing, salt, pepper, vinegar, mustard, herbs, and spices.

You can have black coffee (can sweeten with truvia) and tea. It’s actually recommended that you drink green tea with every meal to get in 3 servings, which is beneficial. However, you don’t have to do this.

Example Meal Plan:
    Breakfast:
    2 eggs or 4 egg whites, or 1 serving of probiotics like yogurt
    1 fruit serving
    1 cup green tea
    Lunch:
    Liberal amounts of protein on the list
    Liberal amounts of cleansing veggies
    1 cup green tea
    Dinner:
    Liberal amounts of protein on the list
    Liberal amounts of cleansing veggies
    1 cup green tea
    Snacks:
    2nd fruit serving (eaten before 2pm)
    2nd Probiotic serving
    Additional:
    1 serving of oils on veggies or salad

It's gonna take me 17 days just to read the freaking instructions. By that time I'll starve to death. Is that how it's supposed to work?
  • icandoit63
    Options
    I really do suggest the book, because it explains the cycles. It is not a low carb diet as much as it is a healthy carb diet. No white flour. The first 17 days are restrictive but today in cycle 2 I had oatmeal and sweet potatoes...is about portions and eating healthy fruits veggies lean meats 2 serving of probiotics,

One of the best things it does is give you structure to begin ......I am following it 80-90 %....I am not too strict on the 2pm thing because I think it is a little silly...

You will like the book!!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that people are very negative here, they must be hungry. I feel if it works for you go with it. The 17 day diet does work but only way to know that is to of tried it. Stop the negative and if you don't wanna do it DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I eat ice cream daily, lift heavy things often. That works for me.

Why eliminate what you love, when you can do things in moderation and be happy.

No one hangry here.
  • Skeels
    Skeels Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I use the Shake Weight around 20 times a day and lose tons of weight
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    I have a friend that is on the 17 day diet. She lost 5 pounds the first week!! Suposed to lose another 5 to 7 in the 17 day period.

And then you get fat again? What happens after 17 days?
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that people are very negative here, they must be hungry. I feel if it works for you go with it. The 17 day diet does work but only way to know that is to of tried it. Stop the negative and if you don't wanna do it DONT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're right, of course. Problem is, some of us are compulsive about trying to dissuade people from stupid fad diets that don't address the underlying issues and can be downright harmful or dangerous.

I admit, I've never tried it. I've also never tried jumping off a cliff to see if I fly, and I'm pretty sure I can predict how that would turn out without the unnecessary risk. Thanks to the experiences and knowledge of all of human history, there are a great many things I know will or will not work without trying them.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

You should start a discussion about this. I think people need to hear that they're being negative. They might not realize it.
  • __delete
    __delete Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m0sj9nrUzJ1r97dfbo1_500.gif
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You people must be masochists...just saying. I mean, why? Why torture yourself? I don't get it.

Edited to correct the wording & to add this:

I have done diets like this in the past- and yes, it's was boneheaded. Really. Just called myself a bonehead.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking for 17 days straight.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You people must be sadists...just saying. I mean, why? Why torture yourself? I don't get it.

Actually, that would make them masochists. The jerk-weeds that peddle this schlop are the sadists.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    You people must be sadists...just saying. I mean, why? Why torture yourself? I don't get it.

Actually, that would make them masochists. The jerk-weeds that peddle this schlop are the sadists.

You are correct...gotta edit my post...LOL
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I thought it was a lifestyle change....not a diet.....i'm confused......

Eat less and exercise......
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking for 17 days straight.

Best. Diet. Evar.