THE 10LB CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• lindsaysian3
    lindsaysian3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would love to join this!

I'm 22 years old, 5'9 and 153.5 pounds currently.

4721093.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Celia,
    First go to tools and to the tracker section and it should let you get a code for your tracker. Then you'll come back to the message boards and go to the signature part and you can paste it there.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    OK I'm new here and I have a dumb question. How do you lose 2 lbs in 1 week. ? How many calories are you eating? MFP has me at 1200 calories and that seems so low, I don't know how I would cut more. I mean, to the point where I'm questioning if I can have a banana or pear since it's 100 calories.
    5040637.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

If you are at 1200 calories/ day - that setting should allow you to lose 1-2 pounds a week. My suggestion is make sure you eat clean food with little or no processed foods. Keep us updated with your progress!
  • dperez108
    dperez108 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I want to join my starting weight is 209 and I'm 32 years old. I weight myself on Fridays is that ok?
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I know my weigh in day isnt till Friday but I got on the scale today and I am down 1.5 lbs!!! Yeah!!!!
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options
    I want to join my starting weight is 209 and I'm 32 years old. I weight myself on Fridays is that ok?

YOUR WEIGH IN DAY CAN BE THE DAY YOU NORMALY WEIGH IN. I WEIGH IN ON FRIDAYS TOO!! :happy:
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options
    OK I'm new here and I have a dumb question. How do you lose 2 lbs in 1 week. ? How many calories are you eating? MFP has me at 1200 calories and that seems so low, I don't know how I would cut more. I mean, to the point where I'm questioning if I can have a banana or pear since it's 100 calories.
    5040637.png

If you are at 1200 calories/ day - that setting should allow you to lose 1-2 pounds a week. My suggestion is make sure you eat clean food with little or no processed foods. Keep us updated with your progress!

I completey agree! Eat cleaner and eat back your workout calories! Sometimes I workout just so I can have a little extra! Lol! The more you do it, the easier it gets!! Good Luck and Welcome! :happy:
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    First official check-in!

March 1- 174
    March 8- 169.8 (I realize I could round up to 170, but I'm so tired of the 170's and am excited to start the 160's.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    First official check-in!

March 1- 174
    March 8- 169.8 (I realize I could round up to 170, but I'm so tired of the 170's and am excited to start the 160's.

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND!!! i felt the same way at one point!!!! CONGRATS! Welcome to hte 160's

I am DYING to get to the 150's ...can't come soon enough!!!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm in for this too! Hopefully. I'll start from my current weight since I'm a little late and work extra hard.

I'm 5'7" and my goal will be to his 228 by March 31.
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    5040637.png

I completey agree! Eat cleaner and eat back your workout calories! Sometimes I workout just so I can have a little extra! Lol! The more you do it, the easier it gets!! Good Luck and Welcome! :happy:
    :laugh: last night I did my workout JUST to eat a few ketchup-chips! My bf arrived from work with a bag of chips (I wasn't really happy, that DOESN'T help my diet!!!) but when he said : We still have so much snow to shovel...
    I decided it was MY JOB and that I really really needed to do that!:laugh:
  • tobeinshapeagain
    Options
    Count me in, too!

CW 187 1/4
  • shvrngrl
    shvrngrl Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

CW: 199.5
    HT: 5'3

I just came back from vacation and I'm 7 lbs heavier! I need this challenge!
  • celiamarie11
    Options

I weigh myself everyday that I do the Wii Fit. It keeps me motivated to see it go down just a little bit each day.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE,

HAPPY MONDAY!!

I JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN AND SEE HOW EVERYONE IS DOING? HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?? ARE YOU STICKING TO YOUR GOALS AND DRINKING YOUR WATER? HOW ARE YOU FEELING? ENERGIZED OR SLOW POKING IT TODAY??

I ATE HORRIBLY YESTERDAY AND PAYING FOR IT TODAY! I AM SO TIRED AND DRAGGING, I AM GONNA HAVE TO HIT UP THE GYM MUCH HARDER TODAY SO I CAN FEEL GOOD AGAIN! BLAH....

Doing alright, but I struggle with breakfast! I try and grab something on my way out the door and eat when I get to work, and I haven't done too bad. Water is never a problem for me.

TOM just ended, and I had logged a 2 lb gain because of it, but I just re-weighed this morning and I'm down 1.2 from the start of the month. Not a great start, but a loss anyway! Felt great yesterday, but dragging today. Up really early this morning, didn't have much energy for exercise, but did a 30 minute dance/cardio dvd anyway, plus went for a 20 minute walk with a co-worker earlier.

Hoping for more of a loss on Saturday, my official weigh-in!
  • sueceeq
    sueceeq Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am over a week late, but I am going to jump in here and see how I can do! I just started on Sunday, so I think that 8-10 pounds could be a realistic goal! I am at 241 and going for 231! Good luck everybody!
  • jensadzewicz
    jensadzewicz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    weight: 128
    goal: 118

Height: 5'2"

Thats my last ten pounds...
    by
    At least April 10th my 30th birrthday!!
  • showers1989
    showers1989 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Im in im currently 196.8lbs i would like to be 185 by april 1st. it would be amazing to be in the 180s again. last time i weighed that i thought it was alot now i think its progrss:happy: :laugh:
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    wow,..
    seems like I GAINED 3 pounds. Because of all the heavy snow shovelling.
    I guess it's all muscles but geeeez, that's depressing!!!:cry:
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Fantomette:

It is probably just water weight! Drink lots of water and watch your sodium intake! And sometime you can gain a few when your first starting out....its your bodys' way of figuring it out! Keep doing it and you will see a drop soon!!!