THE 10LB CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE,

HAPPY MONDAY!!

I JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN AND SEE HOW EVERYONE IS DOING? HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?? ARE YOU STICKING TO YOUR GOALS AND DRINKING YOUR WATER? HOW ARE YOU FEELING? ENERGIZED OR SLOW POKING IT TODAY??

I ATE HORRIBLY YESTERDAY AND PAYING FOR IT TODAY! I AM SO TIRED AND DRAGGING, I AM GONNA HAVE TO HIT UP THE GYM MUCH HARDER TODAY SO I CAN FEEL GOOD AGAIN! BLAH....

Doing alright, but I struggle with breakfast! I try and grab something on my way out the door and eat when I get to work, and I haven't done too bad. Water is never a problem for me.

TOM just ended, and I had logged a 2 lb gain because of it, but I just re-weighed this morning and I'm down 1.2 from the start of the month. Not a great start, but a loss anyway! Felt great yesterday, but dragging today. Up really early this morning, didn't have much energy for exercise, but did a 30 minute dance/cardio dvd anyway, plus went for a 20 minute walk with a co-worker earlier.

Hoping for more of a loss on Saturday, my official weigh-in!

Keep eating your breakfast!! It kick starts your metabolism for the day! And any loss is a great loss!!! LOL! Anything is better than a gain! But we have to remember that it usually is a temporary gain and we will shed it within a few days! Im on my TOM and I fluctuate daily plus I have to watch my sodium! It could be up 2lbs just for a bad salty day!

Great job and way to stay at it!! We can do this together!!! :wink:

P.s. how is it working out in the mornings? I am a zombie and would probably hurt myself!! lol!
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options
    First official check-in!

March 1- 174
    March 8- 169.8 (I realize I could round up to 170, but I'm so tired of the 170's and am excited to start the 160's.

Woohoo!!! That is awesome!!!!! I am so happy for you! I am a few days away from leaving the 170's for good!!!
  • gnutrifitness
    gnutrifitness Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Ok I'm in, I'm 127 lbs and would like to be 115 lbs by april...my final goal is 110lbs:flowerforyou:
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options
    HAPPY HUMP DAY!!!

ARE YOU EATING BREAKFAST??????

IT IS SUPER IMPORTANT EVEN IF IT IS JUST A BITE OF SOMETHING!!

LET'S KICK START OUR METABOLISM!!

P.S. IT IS SO AWESOME THAT ALL OF YOU ARE DOING THIS WITH ME! YOU ARE SUCH GREAT MOTIVATORS!
  • celiamarie11
    Options
    My biggest problem is eating breakfast!! I hate breakfast. They say you should eat within an hour of waking up, but I just can't do it. It's usually after I take my son to school, so about 2 hours after I wake up. I have to force myself to eat it. I wish it was that way for every meal!! LOL
  • carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Is it too late? I need a realistic goal like 10 lbs in a month!

SW 276 on 02/15
    GW 180 by my 30th

Weight on 03/01 268.2
    Weight on 03/08 268.4

Weight by April 1st 256 (so that I can say I have lost 20 lbs!)

I'm not going to lie. I'm one of those that weigh myself everyday. I'll make my check in day in this forum on Tuesdays.
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options
    My biggest problem is eating breakfast!! I hate breakfast. They say you should eat within an hour of waking up, but I just can't do it. It's usually after I take my son to school, so about 2 hours after I wake up. I have to force myself to eat it. I wish it was that way for every meal!! LOL

At least you are trying!!! One hour is great but two hours after waking is ok too! They just want you to start eating and BREAK the FAST!!! I think that if you started to eat breakfast regularly that you will notice a difference in your overall appetite. pop in a waffle and eat it in the car on the way to drop off your son! Try to get into a new routine. I know it is hard to do but it only take three weeks to reprogram your body and you can do that here and now!! Challenge yourself! And remember the light at the end of the heavy tunnel!! :wink:
  • All4Tris
    All4Tris Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think I need to stop weighing myself daily.... water weight can be very disappointing. For the most part, I'm sticking to my diet and exercise goals. I need to put a little more effort into exercising though.
  • beverlybarber44
    Options
    Here I go. Today is a good day to start. I'm in. Thank's for the invite:blushing:
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options

At least you are trying!!! One hour is great but two hours after waking is ok too! They just want you to start eating and BREAK the FAST!!! I think that if you started to eat breakfast regularly that you will notice a difference in your overall appetite. pop in a waffle and eat it in the car on the way to drop off your son! Try to get into a new routine. I know it is hard to do but it only take three weeks to reprogram your body and you can do that here and now!! Challenge yourself! And remember the light at the end of the heavy tunnel!! :wink:

I try and keep bananas and yogurt in the house all the time so that I can grab one of those on my way out the door. Having something easy that is readily available helps a lot!!
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    HELLO EVERYONE,

HAPPY MONDAY!!

I JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN AND SEE HOW EVERYONE IS DOING? HOW WAS YOUR WEEKEND?? ARE YOU STICKING TO YOUR GOALS AND DRINKING YOUR WATER? HOW ARE YOU FEELING? ENERGIZED OR SLOW POKING IT TODAY??

I ATE HORRIBLY YESTERDAY AND PAYING FOR IT TODAY! I AM SO TIRED AND DRAGGING, I AM GONNA HAVE TO HIT UP THE GYM MUCH HARDER TODAY SO I CAN FEEL GOOD AGAIN! BLAH....

Doing alright, but I struggle with breakfast! I try and grab something on my way out the door and eat when I get to work, and I haven't done too bad. Water is never a problem for me.

TOM just ended, and I had logged a 2 lb gain because of it, but I just re-weighed this morning and I'm down 1.2 from the start of the month. Not a great start, but a loss anyway! Felt great yesterday, but dragging today. Up really early this morning, didn't have much energy for exercise, but did a 30 minute dance/cardio dvd anyway, plus went for a 20 minute walk with a co-worker earlier.

Hoping for more of a loss on Saturday, my official weigh-in!

Keep eating your breakfast!! It kick starts your metabolism for the day! And any loss is a great loss!!! LOL! Anything is better than a gain! But we have to remember that it usually is a temporary gain and we will shed it within a few days! Im on my TOM and I fluctuate daily plus I have to watch my sodium! It could be up 2lbs just for a bad salty day!

Great job and way to stay at it!! We can do this together!!! :wink:

P.s. how is it working out in the mornings? I am a zombie and would probably hurt myself!! lol!

Oh, I don't exercise in the mornings! I realize now that that's what it seemed like I was saying. I can't exercise in the mornings. I was just saying I was exhausted because I was up early. My daughter pulled me away from the computer and I just clicked "post" so I could walk away, and I didn't get a chance to re-read it and make sure it made sense!
  • celiamarie11
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I also heard that eating a donut is better than eating nothing at all. Now, I won't be trying that, but it was an interesting fact!
  • fantomette
    fantomette Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    ...oh I really DON'T have a problems with breakfast. In fact, I eat insanely good breakfast! Most important meal of the day!
    I like having a coffee (with no cal sugar) and a egg on bread.
    Or just a bowl of Annie's Chocolate-Vanilla bunnies with milk.
    Or a banana with homemade cup of cappucino.

Sarah, I have a daughter too, so I know what it's like to get interrupted when typing on the pc. LOL
  • fantomette
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!! I also heard that eating a donut is better than eating nothing at all. Now, I won't be trying that, but it was an interesting fact!

I actually heard many times that if you want to eat "crazy" things (like donuts, or eggs+bacon+potatoes) the best moment to eat it is in the morning. Because then you have all day to do something about it!
    But if you are eating those things just before you spend a whole day in front of the pc...hum not sure that theory works.
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options

I've heard the same thing! Have you read, "You on a Diet"? It has a lot of great info!!
  • fantomette
    Options

I've heard the same thing! Have you read, "You on a Diet"? It has a lot of great info!!

what I noticed is that when I eat a donut in the morning I don't fall asleep like I do if I eat one at 3pm.
    Maybe because your body needs food in the morning, any food!?

Turnerj13 (sorry, don,t know your name): I love your quote from Cobain :heart:
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options

what I noticed is that when I eat a donut in the morning I don't fall asleep like I do if I eat one at 3pm.
    Maybe because your body needs food in the morning, any food!?

Turnerj13 (sorry, don,t know your name): I love your quote from Cobain :heart:

lol! yep, I think anything is considered fuel in the morning! lol!

And thanks! Names Julie btw. I love that quote (obviously) But it really means a lot!
  • MrsSanthoff
    Options
    Official Weigh In!!!

SW: 173
    CW: 171

WOOHOO!! I lost two lbs this week!!!!

I do have a NSV too though.....My pants fit....actually are kinda loose....RIGHT OUT OF THE DRYER!!!
    I had to put on a belt today!!! I am loving the new me!!
  • rkoontz
    rkoontz Posts: 75
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone on your work this week.

SW 240.5 Weigh In - 237.0

I am happy with this. I have been exercising more consistently and trying to plan my eating a little better.
  • SivirSarah
    Options
    I'd like to get in on this. Cw:209 goal 199