Starting Couch to 5k - want to join??

Options
15678911»

Replies

• Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just did W7D3 and had a great run, my fastest pace yet.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Ok, even though I was nervous about it, I finally did w6d3. I told myself that I was able to do 20 minutes before, I could do it again and if I felt the need, I could stop at 20. I got to 20, and considered stopping. I grabbed onto the treadmill handles for a few seconds, ready to quit, and then I thought, "WTF are you doing? You CAN do another 5 minutes." So I did!

I really really appreciate all the encouragement I've been getting here. I :heart: this place.
  • rooboi85
    rooboi85 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    W7D1 Completed - Go me!! lol

Equated including the warmup and down to 5.27km's! so not too shabby!

Keep up the great work guys - the end is near!!
  • Bubs05
    Options
    Unfortunately I have to take a break this week. I have a strained muscle and can only walk, no running for me : (
    Fortunately I am on Week 8 so it shouldn't be too hard to pick up where I left off.
    Good luck everyone!
  • skinnyjuannie
    skinnyjuannie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in? Where do we find the details?
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon, Bubs.

I did w7d1 last night. I'm amazed that I've made it this far.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I have to take a break this week. I have a strained muscle and can only walk, no running for me : (
    Fortunately I am on Week 8 so it shouldn't be too hard to pick up where I left off.
    Good luck everyone!

Feel better!

As for my update.. I've started just running. Now that I can go for 30 minutes straight and this week I really found my stride.

I'm doing a 5k in 30 minutes and it feels "almost" effortless. I'm able to actually have really controlled breathing and I don't feel like I'm going to die anymore.

I hope you are all having success and good luck on your journies!
  • rooboi85
    Options
    I'm in? Where do we find the details?

Hey -

Visit - http://splendid-things.co.uk/getrunning/
  • rooboi85
    Options
    WEEK 7 Completed.....

Not continuing on this plan - So I wish you all luck!! - I'll keep checking in!

I start Michelle Bridges' loosing the last 5 kilos as of next week. So aim to loose it 4 weeks!

I will still be running but doing other circuits aswell on 6 days now.

I just pushed myself this morning and succeeded in a 45min jog - 7.17 Km's average speed at 7.5kmph
  • Bubs05
    Options
    Still bothered by my hip strain but after a week of not running I decided to do a nice slow run although I should technically be doing week 9 I ran 5K in 40 minutes. First time I've run that far (or long). I ran with my dog, sometimes it's hard for me to find a comfortable pace when I run with him but we did OK today. I had to walk about 3 minutes at about 10 minutes in, my hip wasn't quite stretched out yet.
    Good luck all!
  • Primm
    Primm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new here and started C25K on Sunday - just about to head out for W1D2. I've done it before but haven't run for over 12 months. I'm such a slacker!

Anyway, back into it again. Looking forward to the experience, and this time when I finish I'll keep it up.
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    I have just added this app on my iPhone and plan on starting it next Monday (too much going on between now and then :( )

Does anyone know how to set the goals within the apps setting section though - the weight I assume is what you want to be ?? Is there somewhere you can put current weight into the program. I don't see how it could accurately calculate the calories used if the actual weight isn't in there somewhere (the bigger you are the more calories you burn), also the setting for the paces, a little confusing. HELP!!
  • Primm
    Primm Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    No idea sorry, I use the podcasts.

Week 1 day 3 today. One week down, 8 to go!
  • Smurfette64
    Smurfette64 Posts: 64
    Options
    Have just arrived home from completing W1D1 - ok I walked 2 of the run stints but the rest was on track and it is the first time I have run in 30 years, so I can forgive myself that little bit of slackness LOL :)