Starting Couch to 5k - want to join??

Options

Replies

• Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Finished W4 D3 today and it kicked its butt. Not quite sure what happened on D2, but finished up D3 no problem. We'll see how Monday goes, I've got Warrior Dash on Sunday so it could get interesting....
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Finished W4 D3 today and it kicked its butt. Not quite sure what happened on D2, but finished up D3 no problem. We'll see how Monday goes, I've got Warrior Dash on Sunday so it could get interesting....

Well done - good luck for your Warrior Dash tomorrow :-)
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Did W4D3 today. By far the easiest of the 3 days this week but by no means a breeze. I have to travel next week (which means treadmill running) so I think I'll try W5 but then re-do it once I get back. I've found treadmill running and outside running to be totally different.
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    W5 D1 down. Took a day off between my Sunday race and I think it helped out alot lol. Finished strong. Still waiting for the official results from Warrior Dash so I can put up my blog. I'll keep ya'll up to date as soon as I get the results.
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    I totally surprised myself this morning and pumped out W5 D2. I felt really strong, I think I may have crossed a plateau in my running. Although Day 3 looks pretty daunting...

I hope you're all doing well. I have another 5K on Sunday for The Ronald McDonald House Charities, so I'm hoping to beat my first time.
  • rider5344
    rider5344 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My son was born with kidney issues so my daughter, husband and I are just starting to train. Add ME!
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    Week 6 day 3 done - a 25 minute run, I actually think I did 5K. I've got to take E to school so will drive the route to see how far I ran.

Was a little daunted by it, particualrly when she said I'd only done 5 minutes, but carried on and made it to the end and she suggesting sprinting the last 60 seconds as well.

Not sure what week 7 is but as I've now run 25 minutes without stopping I'm sure it'll be fine.
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome. I have W5 D3 tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. 20 minutes..... We'll see how it goes.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome. I have W5 D3 tomorrow and I'm a little nervous. 20 minutes..... We'll see how it goes.

Same here. I'm just not sure how I can go from 2 8 minute chunks to 20 minutes straight.
  • a_fit_me
    a_fit_me Posts: 103
    Options
    Everybody is doing so well. :flowerforyou:

Sorry I haven't been back to check in, but I have been keeping up with the program and have W5 D3 today. I am so nervous about this run. :noway:
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Wow.. I am completely surprised. I managed to actually jog the whole 20. I don't know how I did it, but I just kept thinking 20 minutes is only like 7 songs. And after every song I would just count them down, and before I knew it I finished the whole 20 and still had the energy/legs to jump on the bike for 30 minutes.

I hope you're all kickin butt!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Good job, Panda_Jack and good luck, a_fit_me!

I am sooo not feeling it today. I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, I have an awful headache and I'm totally stressing about this government shutdown. I just wanna sit on my butt, eat junk food and have a nap. Bleh.
  • Eviesmum
    Options
    Just done W7 D1 which is another 25 minutes. I really wasn't looking forward to it but as always once I get going its fine.

Can't believe how well its all going.

Hope everyone else is still sticking with it.
  • a_fit_me
    Options
    W5D3 Completed.. I was so worried about this day, but I did it. YAY!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I was just talking about this at ww. I am going to do this.
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Week 6 Day 1 down! I was really tempted to just keep running, but I resisted the urge to just push it. I know I need to take it slow.
    I haven't looked ahead to the rest of the week, but I'm sure there's another long one in there waiting for me lol.
  • jstevener
    Options
    I am starting the Get Running version of this tomorrow. You can add me as a friend and we can do it together.
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Because of my travel last week, I decided to repeat Week 5 this week. I felt out of sorts last week and very uncomfortable, I never really finished W5D2 and my W5D3 run was dreadful. Better luck for me this week!
  • Panda_Jack
    Options
    Because of my travel last week, I decided to repeat Week 5 this week. I felt out of sorts last week and very uncomfortable, I never really finished W5D2 and my W5D3 run was dreadful. Better luck for me this week!

You can do this! Good luck and don't ever give up!
  • a_fit_me
    Options
    W6D1 Completed.