Starting Couch to 5k - want to join??

Options

Replies

• wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Ran for my second time today. Am finding that I'm somehow able to run without stopping...something i never expected to be able to do. Ran 5 km's in 30 minutes! Nowhere near the same times I used to run it 10 years ago, but I'll take it!

All the best everyone!
    Keep it up and focus on your goals!
  • simonmcgarry
    Options
    I literally downloaded it ten minutes before coming onto this site, weird haha.

Anyway, I'm going to start it tomorrow, but haven't run in about 8 years....and never with these moobs lol.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Ran for my second time today. Am finding that I'm somehow able to run without stopping...something i never expected to be able to do. Ran 5 km's in 30 minutes! Nowhere near the same times I used to run it 10 years ago, but I'll take it!

All the best everyone!
    Keep it up and focus on your goals!

well done.

I'm off to do W2 D1 shortly.

About the blisters - I got them and one bled Sunday :sad: I put plasters on them to run today - but I know you can get proper blister plasters which are gel like. I don't know how to prevent them though so if anyone find out please let me know. :wink:
  • jen31889
    jen31889 Posts: 121
    Options
    I started day 1 yesterday and thought it was moderately difficult, not too bad. I felt great after, but I'm sore today.
  • wanderingpilgrim
    Options

About the blisters - I got them and one bled Sunday :sad: I put plasters on them to run today - but I know you can get proper blister plasters which are gel like. I don't know how to prevent them though so if anyone find out please let me know. :wink:

I used the blister packs for walking once, but they didn't hold up that well. The constant friction with the shoes seemed to be too much for it. The sock/shoe didn't "glide" over it like I assumed would happen.

As far as blister treatment, I managed to find something that works well. It's called moleskin (meant for runners/ hikers.) It cost me $3.60. You can buy it at almost any pharmacy. There are directions on the back of the package. Basically what you do is cut out a hole in the moleskin the same size as your blister (leaving your blister exposed). It works by creating a thicker layer around your blister so that your shoe doesn't create friction right on it. Make sense?

I have a blister currently, and used moleskin last night for my second run. My blister is in better shape today than yesterday, ...AND, I was able to run comfortably. :) That's pretty unusual to say for blisters!
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I just did week 3 day one of C25K on my iphone app this morning. I was scared to do it, but it was fine. You will feel so great after each and every day! Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend. The more support we have the better!!

I have never been a runner and really have no intention of being a runner. I just really want to mix things up a bit and confuse my body so I can lose some weight. I am alternating C25K with the 30 Day Shred and I absolutely love that too!

Stay in touch!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 2 - I thought it was easier than day 1. Let's see how the rest of it goes.
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    I plan on doing week 1 day 2 tonight. Hopefully it goes well the first day wasn't bad and I really surprised myself:smile:
  • wanderingpilgrim
    Options
    It's -6'C and snowing.
    I'm working up the oompf to get outside and run.
    It's not working so well! LOL!
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Just did W1D2. I wasn't sure I'd get it in today but I beat the rain...YAY! It seemed a little harder than the 1st day, I think just because I had a busy, crappy day.
  • wanderingpilgrim
    Options
    Just did W1D2. I wasn't sure I'd get it in today but I beat the rain...YAY! It seemed a little harder than the 1st day, I think just because I had a busy, crappy day.

You did it tho, despite having a crappy day. Great job! :happy:
  • marniebigelow
    Options
    Is that app for the Iphone? I saw that and totally want it!!! I just can't afford another cell just for that though :/
  • marniebigelow
    Options
    I'm using the app. GetRunning for the couch to 5k. I love it so far. Im starting my second week today. Good luck!

Was this the Iphone app?
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they have it for Iphone, I have it on my android though.
  • adamsas
    adamsas Posts: 3
    Options
    I want to do this as well! I would lvoe to help you stay motivated. I am horrible about keeping up wwith running, but i have always wanted to do a 5K, maybe by helping you I will help myself.
  • rondeebop
    Options
    Hello...I'm new. I have been on many diets and lose it and then gain it back. I want to be in better shape for the Relay for life walk that I am doing with my co-workers in June.
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    I'll join. I am on week 2. I just signed up to do my first 5k mothers day weekend.
  • Shellndub
    Shellndub Posts: 72
    Options
    I was just thinking about doing a 5k this morning. One coming up in my area. Never run before. It's for a great cause though. I'd love to be in on this too.

:0)
  • cougs12
    cougs12 Posts: 92
    Options
    I was just thinking about doing a 5k this morning. One coming up in my area. Never run before. It's for a great cause though. I'd love to be in on this too.

:0)

I am doing the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure.
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Is that app for the Iphone? I saw that and totally want it!!! I just can't afford another cell just for that though :/

yes its on the iphone and android. But you can go on the website - just put couch25k into google. It explains the same thing so you can follow that rather than buy a new phone!! :-)