Starting Couch to 5k - want to join??

Options

Replies

• Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone's training is going well.

I have done w2 d2 today and I am really pleased with how its going.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to offer some support. I started the Couch to 5K program last February and ran my first 5K last May. I had not run since high school, and was also overweight and out of shape. On the first day, I thought I was going to die trying to complete the 60 second running intervals. Well, long story short, after doing the program and that first 5K, I went on to run a 10K last October and my first half marathon in January. Along the way, I also lost 50 pounds. I now consider myself a runner and am continuing to train. My next half marthon is in April. I hope you also find success with the program. Stick with it, take it slow, build up as you feel ready (I repeated a few weeks), but each week, I just did a little bit more, went a little bit father, and am now amazed at how far I have come in a relatively short time. I was a 42 year old overweight, out of shape, mother of two...so if I can do it, anyone can!! Good luck, you can do it!!
  • sarahlouisah
    Options
    I di work out 1 today I am also ding cancer research 5k in June will do number 2 saturday I always lose threads and cant find them again does anyone no how to keep track of this thread
  • mrssarahl
    mrssarahl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I started a similar program last week. My husband is a marathon runner, so I had him make me up a schedule. My goal, besides losing the baby weight, is to run my first 5k.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I started this on Monday because I want to do the MWR Bay Bridge run/walk on May 15th. I'll probably walk instead of run but at this point, I think I'd have a hard time walking it so I figured this would be a good way to get into shape for it. I currently do it on a treadmill because it's easier on my knees. I'm hoping once I finish it, I'll feel strong enough to try running outside.
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to offer some support. I started the Couch to 5K program last February and ran my first 5K last May. I had not run since high school, and was also overweight and out of shape. On the first day, I thought I was going to die trying to complete the 60 second running intervals. Well, long story short, after doing the program and that first 5K, I went on to run a 10K last October and my first half marathon in January. Along the way, I also lost 50 pounds. I now consider myself a runner and am continuing to train. My next half marthon is in April. I hope you also find success with the program. Stick with it, take it slow, build up as you feel ready (I repeated a few weeks), but each week, I just did a little bit more, went a little bit father, and am now amazed at how far I have come in a relatively short time. I was a 42 year old overweight, out of shape, mother of two...so if I can do it, anyone can!! Good luck, you can do it!!

Brilliant - well done on all your wonderful acheivements and thank you for such a positive post :flowerforyou:
  • wanderingpilgrim
    wanderingpilgrim Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    It's 4'C and gonna snow tonight...guess I'm heading out now then!
    Happy running y'all!
    Keep going!
  • jborski79
    Options
    I'll be doing a 5k with work in May so I am all for it!!!
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    Well I did week 1 day 2 yesterday finally it went pretty good.:smile:
  • millymollymandy565
    Options
    As well as the other link posted, try free downloads of different music mixes at podrunner.com.

:flowerforyou: He does a great week by week "first day to 5k" series which is based on interval training. You can also access podrunner stuff via itunes and it's very motivational music that you don't realise the time zipping by!
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Day 3 in the bag!
  • tessastiltner
    Options
    I am so glad that I have found someone on here who feels the same way I do. New to the site and I have been wanting to run a 5K forever, but really do not have any support. It's great to see so many people on here that are in the same starting position as I am. I've been trying to add a few minutes of running each day into my 3 mile walk, but starting tomorrow the Couch to 5k is my new best friend lol. Add me as a friend if you would like so that we can keep up with progress and support. Good Luck Everyone!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I want to join yall!! Going to see what 5k's are coming up in my area and look for the app!! I used to run and have done a couple 5k's and a 5miler, ready to get back at it :happy:
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    Just noticed this thread I'm thinking about doing this?
  • angelbabe77
    angelbabe77 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sounds great only have done one 5k but wanna keep going
  • MissNewAttitude2015
    MissNewAttitude2015 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to join also!!! I too want to run a 5K in the near future...:happy:
  • nickiben
    nickiben Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Well im struggling people!!!! I dont go to a gym so di my running at home. But when I get in from work, its 7pm and dark, and I know I sound a wimp but I dont feel safe running out on my own in the dark as I live in a village. Love my village, but too many scary shadows :-) Im saving up for a treadmill which hopefully should have in a few weeks, but what can I do in the meatime? Will be ok once its light! Will running on the spot indoors have the same affect??
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Can add me too if you like. I did W1D1 yesterrday. Didn't think I would be able to finish it, and I was going to walk the next run...and she said... it's your last run... you can do it!!!! And I did... !!!!!! Need to step up my excercise a little so I decided to do C25K!

L.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    Week 2 day 1 down! I was feeling frisky since I just got a pair of fitted running shoes and upped the pace too! Damn I feel good!!!
  • Bubs05
    Bubs05 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Week 2 Day 1 done today. Ugh, not so easy today. But I'll keep at it!