Replies

• sherrymo6
    sherrymo6 Posts: 79
    Options
    What a great post! Thank you
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    MFP does not allow for a daily cal goal below 1200. This number was provided by WHO as the lower limit for the average woman to receive adequate nutrition each day. The lower limit for men is 1500 calories. Unless you are much smaller than average, or are under the care of a professional who has provided a specific diet, attempting a regular intake lower than this is asking for trouble.

Just so you know, MFP does allow you to do this, but you have to set it yourself.
    [/quote]

Yes, it is possible, but not recommended unless under medical supervision.
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump thans great post I'll be sending the link around for sure very readable easy and right on :smile:

Thanks! :wink:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump :tongue:
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    As always, great info from Ladyhawk, I love the idea of having people automatically directed to this post, but I don't suppose that could happen so I will send people here manually instead.
    Thanks for the voice of reason :)
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    As always, great info from Ladyhawk, I love the idea of having people automatically directed to this post, but I don't suppose that could happen so I will send people here manually instead.
    Thanks for the voice of reason :)

Thank you! :bigsmile:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump
  • sxymilf
    sxymilf Posts: 17
    Options
    im still new here and trying to get my head round not eating as little as possible for the best weight loss and this post really helped me, thank you :)
  • nicolej216
    Options
    Thanks for that info i am new here to MFP and im making better eating habits for myself i in the past drink pop/soda and chips and candy alot all day everyday anything i seen and wanted .Im not sure but i fill as if i eat more now to get my cals in could you look at my food diary and give my some feed back if its two much .Thanks again.
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Thanks for that info i am new here to MFP and im making better eating habits for myself i in the past drink pop/soda and chips and candy alot all day everyday anything i seen and wanted .Im not sure but i fill as if i eat more now to get my cals in could you look at my food diary and give my some feed back if its two much .Thanks again.

Your diary isn't open, so I can't check it. If you want to open it, I'll be happy to take a look. But it is common to feel like you're eating a ton when you begin switching to healthier foods. It does take a higher volume of healthy foods to reach a certain cal level than it does with junk food.

Take it slow and just try to gradually increase your intake of healthy foods. Make small changes and work on them until they're a habit, then add some more changes. If you're meeting or coming close to your cal goal each day, and working on cutting out the processed foods, while adding in fresh foods, you're on the right track. Make sure you're getting enough water, keep an eye on the sodium, eat frequently and get your exercise in. It's a learning process and takes some time, but it's so worth it! Congrats on making the commitment to get healthy! :flowerforyou:
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ladyhawk,
    This was a very helpful post..... and thanks for sharing it with us :smile:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Ladyhawk,
    This was a very helpful post..... and thanks for sharing it with us :smile:

Thank you, and you're quite welcome! :happy:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,056 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • hedleyrocks247
    hedleyrocks247 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post!! Awesome information and advice!!!!
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

:bigsmile: Thanks CM!
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Thanks for the post!! Awesome information and advice!!!!

Quite welcome, hope it helps. :flowerforyou:
  • north35
    north35 Posts: 70
    Options
    Bump :)
    Thanks!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I really wish more of the "I'm not hungry" folks would read this - and heed. Why is it easy to understand that "listening to your body" when it tells you to eat 5 donuts is foolish... But NOT understand that listening when it tells you to eat 500 cals in a day is JUST as foolish?

:sad:

I just had this "im not hungry" conversation with someone else. I didn't understand why I was just NOT HUNGRY. now I understand that perhaps I'm not listening to my body like I should! Trying to learn what you should know is definitely not easy!

Thanks for the info...
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    *sigh* I really wish more of the "I'm not hungry" folks would read this - and heed. Why is it easy to understand that "listening to your body" when it tells you to eat 5 donuts is foolish... But NOT understand that listening when it tells you to eat 500 cals in a day is JUST as foolish?

:sad:

I just had this "im not hungry" conversation with someone else. I didn't understand why I was just NOT HUNGRY. now I understand that perhaps I'm not listening to my body like I should! Trying to learn what you should know is definitely not easy!

Thanks for the info...

I think we get poisoned by the media into this mentality that weight loss REQUIRES deprivation - so we end up feeling proud when we aren't hungry, like we're beating the system. But unfortunately, lack of hunger is often a sign of slower metabolism - the exact thing we DO NOT want.

Our bodies can tell us a lot of good things, but it definitely takes time to train it to send the right cues and to learn how to listen to them. Good luck with it! :wink: