C25K (Couch to 5 K) ~ Week 2

Options
Ok it is week 2...many of you already know the plan but just in case here is what we need to do three times this week. Skip a day in between runs and STRETCH!!!

Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes....

we can do this, it is windy as heck here but I hope it dies down so I can do this, or I can have the wind at my back the whole time, but then how do I get home?? LOL

Good luck all!!!

Replies

• sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    also I forgot to say please friend me if you want; I can use all the support I can get, also I am doing the exact same program on Facebook if you would like to join me there:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=16646&post=74258&uid=140414998873#!/home.php?sk=group_195693117124947
  • Gennawest
    Gennawest Posts: 171
    Options
    you can do it. I am on week 4 of C25k, and i have found that week 3 and 4 is easier (for me) than week 2. Even though the intervals are longer, there is less of them- so for me personally it is easier. Congrats on week 2, keep up the dedication.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I wish it would stop snowing-raining-snowing so i could go run outside. :grumble:
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    Can i join I am on week 2 of C25K!
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    Can i join I am on week 2 of C25K!
  • kellyastory
    Options
    Good for you! I just started week 3 today. I love it !
    :tongue:

Good luck.
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    I start week 3 tomorrow - so much dreading the 3 minute runs!
  • DeereGal41
    Options
    I would like to join as well! I will be doing week 2 this week!
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    I start Week2- day1 on Friday. Got week1-day3 tomorrow, I'm a bit stiff but plan to do some stretches to help with that x
  • DeereGal41
    Options
    Quick question...I've seen in previous topics of the C25K people were logging distance but then equaling over 30 minutes..I know you can do both, distance or time, but I want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong...is anyone else doing time (meaning 20 minutes plus 5 for warmup totaling 25 minutes?)
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    I've completed week 1 and have been doing just time: 5 minute warmup + 20 minutes = 25 minutes total. I was curious to see how far I was going, so I clocked the whole thing with the car and it ended up being 1.7 miles.
  • COMomto3
    COMomto3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 2 today!! I am SO SO excited! I have really grown to love my runs!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Quick question...I've seen in previous topics of the C25K people were logging distance but then equaling over 30 minutes..I know you can do both, distance or time, but I want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong...is anyone else doing time (meaning 20 minutes plus 5 for warmup totaling 25 minutes?)

I'm doing it on the treadmill at the moment until it gets lighter in the evenings, and i just clock time. It would be interesting to see how far I have actually gone, but I think until I am actually up to running continually for a length of time, it won't work for me to do distance - else I'll just walk the lot.
  • sixxbaby
    Options

this is how I am doing it also, and depending on how far I have traveled, I do a 5 to 10 minute cool down walk just to get back home.
  • COMomto3
    COMomto3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I use my the RunKeeper app to mark how far I have gone. For week 1 I was going about 2.2 miles. That includes my 5min cool down walk as well.
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm doing C25K with the treadmill plan and I seem to average about 2.2 miles each time I run. That includes 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down. I'm doing an actual 5k next week, so here's to hoping the training this go around helps!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I am doing timed- I do it on the treadmill (it's kind of annoying switching between walking and running speeds but worth it for me- keeps my pace going strong).
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to wish everyone a great week! Keep stretching, don't forget to breathe and most of all know that you're one step closer to running that 5k!! :)
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Couldn't get to the gym or run outside tonight, but I rode the stationary bike instead. Hoping to do W2D2 on Wednesday night.
  • sixxbaby
    Options
    ok so W2D1 was SUPPOSE to be today, but no way the wind here is CRAZY...so I am gonna do it tomorrow if Mother Nature allows...how was everybody's day???