C25K (Couch to 5 K) ~ Week 2

Options

Replies

• HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    W2D3... DONE!! It's so much harder to go to a walk after you've been running for 90 secs, but I definitely need those 2 mins of recovery. Kinda scared of what W3 will have in store. My legs were burning, my lungs were gonna explode and I was sweating like no other, but I finished it!! Stronger than the last time. I know my form is off, but I dunno how to fix it. :oT My next training day is on Sunday.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Right that's it, Week 3 completed!!!! It was hard going today. Had a sneaky peek at Week 4 :noway:

:sad: First interval 3 mins jogging/running, second interval 5 mins jogging/running :sad: Then, I have to repeat it!

I WILL DO IT!!!!!

LouiseXXX

That's about when I stopped looking ahead!! lol.

I finished week FIVE today. I thought there was no way I could do 20 mins, absolutely no way, but I DID. It wasn't quite 2 miles, but 1.8 - close!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    If I am awake this evening I will try and fit in W2D1. It might make me feel less stressed as well. please encourage me to fight through the tiredness!!!
    You can do it! Trust your body, and listen to it as well.

I listened to my body, and climbed into bed.

It was the right decision, because now I am fully rested and raring to restart my being extra good (I have tried....) so the gym will be mine tonight.

It's amazing how often I forget how important sleep actually is!!!

W2D1 tonight.

I wouldn't dare look ahead at what the forthcoming weeks have......

good luck peeps!!
  • sixxbaby
    sixxbaby Posts: 543
    Options
    So yesterday TOTALLY went off program cuz we went to see American Idol and I was in a Steven Tyler coma...and so I had cheesecake for dinner...anyway gonna do W2D3 today, but pretty sure I am gonna repeat this week. Monday I will post the drill for week 3...have a great weekend all!!!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Right that's it, Week 3 completed!!!! It was hard going today. Had a sneaky peek at Week 4 :noway:

:sad: First interval 3 mins jogging/running, second interval 5 mins jogging/running :sad: Then, I have to repeat it!

I WILL DO IT!!!!!

LouiseXXX

That's about when I stopped looking ahead!! lol.

I finished week FIVE today. I thought there was no way I could do 20 mins, absolutely no way, but I DID. It wasn't quite 2 miles, but 1.8 - close!

Oh, I am so not looking forward again!!!!! I found that I'm not 'running' as far as I did on my first week but am hoping that will improve.

LouiseXXX
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I will be starting week 2 on Monday. And I absolutely cant wait!
    I`ve been doing it on the treadmill but if it`s nice out tomorrow or Sunday I might try to redo one of the week 1 days outside simply to see the difference!

Have a good weekend everyone!
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Week2-Day2 for me later. I find that I can't wait for each day to come. So enjoying it. Starting C25k is the best thing I've done in a long while. Bring on tonights run!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm making excuses as to why I "can't" run right now. Basically, my family is asleep, and I like to do the Shred before I run. It's like my warm up. And if I run before the Shred, I'll have to shower twice! I'm also going out in a couple hours. :angry: I think I might just do D3 tomorrow, and take my 2nd day off today instead of taking Sun and Mon off. I'll still be able to start W2 on Tuesday.
    I know my form is off, but I dunno how to fix it. :oT My next training day is on Sunday.
    Great work! The huffing and sweating sounds a lot like me! :bigsmile: If you can, try getting an hour appointment with a personal trainer who knows about running, and ask him/her to correct your form.

WildcatMom82... Great running for 20 mins!! That's impressive. I *SO* can't imagine that!

gonnaloseitin... That's so cool that you got to be in the audience!!
  • Katybun3
    Options
    Week 2-Day 2 done and dusted. Feeling good. I'm not aching surprisingly as I did in week one. I do lots of stretches before and after. Will do Week 2-Day 3 on Tuesday. Can't do Monday as I'm at college.
  • faithikins
    faithikins Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Wk2D1 done, man that was tough! But I did it! :laugh:
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 4, Day 1! Wow, it was a step up. I ran with my daughter, thinking that she would trounce me but I completed it all and she failed in the last run interval!:bigsmile:

I am amazed that I did it.

Bit of a advice for you: if you are thinking of giving up, I found using a bit of 'The King's Speech' very useful... I swore, in my head, to the beat of the tune I was listening to (I'm using Robert Ullrey's podcasts and I'm not a fan of the music!) and I found it unbelievably helpful. I never knew I had such knowledge of swear words!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Did W1 D3 yesterday! It was a haul to get myself moving, but I got it done and out of the way. Starting W2 soon!! :happy:
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Finally did W2D1 today and overall, it went very well. I always start running too fast on the second run interval (I guess because I am all warmed up by then), but otherwise today was great!

When I rounded the corner(I'm just doing this around my neighborhood), I saw a guy approaching. He saw me stop and when he passed me, he kept looking back and encouraging me to join him with an arm motion. LOL Nice young guy encouraging the fat middleaged lady along! Runners are great like that!
  • christmasbow
    Options
    HunnyLuvsJorge, you sound a lot like me! I run on a treadmill & am also 5'1. My run is at 5 while my walk is at 3.5. While doing W2D1 yesterday, my heart rate went up to 160!! which is something like 95% of my max since I'm 53 years old! I also worry about my running form, but maybe I should be concerned about my heart rate, although I don't feel horrible or anything.
  • dodier01
    dodier01 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I did D1W2 today!! It was hard at times but so happy i was able to finish it off!! I may try to get day 2 done tomorrow since I wont be able to run on friday or this weekend. I usually try to do Monday, Wednesday and Friday.. I cant wait to progress in week 3.. To see if i can actually run for 3 min straight. Just the thought of it scares me :)
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    HunnyLuvsJorge, you sound a lot like me! I run on a treadmill & am also 5'1. My run is at 5 while my walk is at 3.5. While doing W2D1 yesterday, my heart rate went up to 160!! which is something like 95% of my max since I'm 53 years old! I also worry about my running form, but maybe I should be concerned about my heart rate, although I don't feel horrible or anything.

It's nice to know I'm not alone in the "short" club. :) As long as we keep trying, everything should get better...i hope? haha
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    My HR has always been around 170/180 when I run and I've never been able to figure out how bad that is. I can still breathe okay, though I probably wouldn't be able to have a conversation like they say you should be able to. I know it's close to if not a bit over my max HR, hmmmmm.

I did W6D1 today and it was cake compared to W5D3, but the next workout will be tougher. I think I'll take tomorrow off and do D2 on Wednesday.
  • Katybun3
    Options
    Wk2-D3 done....felt good. Going on to Wk3 on Thursday.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Did W2D2 today and it was pretty crappy. I was breathing just fine and all of that and did the same pace but my calves were just screaming at me the entire time. :grumble:

I did it, and when I was finished it turned out I went exactly the same pace I had on W2D1 (I have to look at an app on my phone to tell and I do that when I've finished). So I'm glad that I got through it :bigsmile: but I still don't know what went wrong today. :sad:
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I did W2 D1 today. I got a stitch that lasted most of the run, and after my shower I felt kind of queasy... I guess I should wait a little longer after I eat, and not drink 2 cups of tea before I run, huh? :wink:
    _________
    When I rounded the corner(I'm just doing this around my neighborhood), I saw a guy approaching. He saw me stop and when he passed me, he kept looking back and encouraging me to join him with an arm motion. LOL Nice young guy encouraging the fat middleaged lady along! Runners are great like that!
    That's a great story! I love passing other runners. They inspire me to keep going! Today I only passed one other runner - twice!