C25K (Couch to 5 K) ~ Week 2

Options

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Quick question...I've seen in previous topics of the C25K people were logging distance but then equaling over 30 minutes..I know you can do both, distance or time, but I want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong...is anyone else doing time (meaning 20 minutes plus 5 for warmup totaling 25 minutes?)

I just finished Week 1 today and I am only logging time (running outside).
  • Wightvixen
    Wightvixen Posts: 117
    Options
    Quick question...I've seen in previous topics of the C25K people were logging distance but then equaling over 30 minutes..I know you can do both, distance or time, but I want to make sure I'm not doing it wrong...is anyone else doing time (meaning 20 minutes plus 5 for warmup totaling 25 minutes?)

I'm using the iPhone app Get Running, which uses time instead of distance, so technically it's Couch to 30 minutes (which for the average person should equate to about 5k) :smile:
  • h64em
    h64em Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am doing week 2 day 1 today but I'm not sure I am doing enough, or the right type of stretches.
    What does everyone else do, before and after?
    By the way, I havent exercised in over 20 years, I started just walking when I join MFP and now doing the
    C5K on my treadmill, I love it, never thought I would be saying that!!!
  • DeereGal41
    Options
    I hope everyone's doing well! Thanks for all the feed back...I wasn't able to do my W2D1 yesterday because we've been getting snow...... again, but hopefully I'll be able to sneak it in tonight! The college XC kids run by my house in town wearing shorts and longsleeved shirts in 20 degree weather...I think they're crazy, but it does give me motivation;) Have a great day everyone!
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    ok so W2D1 was SUPPOSE to be today, but no way the wind here is CRAZY...so I am gonna do it tomorrow if Mother Nature allows...how was everybody's day???

The wind was RIDICULOUS here too yesterday!! I'm so glad that it is taking a break today - and that highs are supposed to be in the 50s!!! :bigsmile:
  • stuartme123
    stuartme123 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Like I said before, this week is insane for me, and I'm going to be losing at least one of my normally scheduled C25K days. So on days that I CAN do it this week, I'm sticking with W3. All the better to prepare for W4.

So today was technically D4 of W3 for me - D2 of pushing myself to finish each one of the jogging intervals - even that last 3 minute one at the end! I run outside and according to my app, my pace was a lot slower today than it has been. My average speed went down from 6mph to 4.6mph, which cut my distance by .5 miles. Not sure why that is, or if its a good thing - since I still felt like I was going to die pushing through that last interval.

Great job everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi all! So glad to have found this group. I did w2d1 today.

My husband bought me a treadmill and I much prefer it over running outside. I find that my pace is just so much better on the treadmill. I look forward to doing this will you all!
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Week 3, day 2 completed! The last 3 minute run was harder than at first but I did have a bit of a breeze against me!

I'm not running as far as I was for weeks 1 & 2. Not sure why that is happening unless my brisk walks are faster than my pathetic running/jogging!

Ah well, there's time to work on my distance when I've completed the programme!!!

LouiseXXX
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    OK... :blushing: So I didn't start yesterday, because it was still so cold out, but today it was SUNNY and I did W1D1!! :bigsmile: As time passed, my recovery walks got slower and slower. Haha! It was pretty good, and I was glad to find that running on pavement was easier than I remembered. (Probably cause I haven't been on the treadmill in so long.)

My hip was feeling better this morning (it was hurting from level 2 of the 30 Day Shred), but after my run now, it is hurting again... Nothing I can't handle though. I took some glucosamine, and I might ice my knee and ankle in a little while (hurting from Zumba), and maybe my hip too.
    _________
    I wish it would stop snowing-raining-snowing so i could go run outside. :grumble:
    I know! It's a horrible mix!! It's supposed to rain here for the next 3-4 days, which a mix of snow. :grumble:
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    Alright, I finished W2D1 and thought my lungs were going to explode! My "brisk walks" in between jogging were actually more "stumbling down the street", but I finished!
    I'm supposed to have rain ALL DAY again Thursday, so I might have to push Day 2 to Friday. Ain't that a shame :laugh:
  • HunnyLuvsJorge
    HunnyLuvsJorge Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    W2D2 ... DONE!

It was better than D1, but my thighs are killing me. It might have more to do with the squats I did yesterday. I run on a treadmill and the highest I run is at a 5. My brisk walk is anywhere between 3.5 and 4. At the end of each 90 sec interval I'm sweating like crazy and my heart rate can go up to 85% of my max. I see others around me running at 7 and 8. Their brisk walk speeds are my running speeds, but I swear that I'm running and not walking! I know that my stride isn't all that long. I'm 5'1. I'm wondering if my running form is bad?

I dunno... But I did it!! Kinda looking forward to D3. Hope my legs won't be as sore. :oT
  • Steph_135
    Options
    This is my first recovery day, and my thighs, and inner thighs, and hips are especially sore right now. I don't think the 30 Day Shred is helping with that either (since it was hurting my hips in the first place). I'm taking a day off from that as well. I'll be running with you all again tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • ktc33
    ktc33 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I just completed week one day two today, so I'm a little bit behind. I found a great app for my iphone that I've been using for C25K. It counts down the time and tells you when to switch from run to walk. It is much better than manually figuring when I need to switch!
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    I have completely failed to get in any c25k this week or last, which means the week advantage I had is completely lost. Yesterday I had to fly to Dublin so worked from 4am until I got home at 9.30pm and was shattered. Missed a trick though because running round the site in my steel-toe cap boots would have given the run an extra boost!!!!

If I am awake this evening I will try and fit in W2D1. It might make me feel less stressed as well. please encourage me to fight through the tiredness!!!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    If I am awake this evening I will try and fit in W2D1. It might make me feel less stressed as well. please encourage me to fight through the tiredness!!!
    You can do it! Trust your body, and listen to it as well.
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Right that's it, Week 3 completed!!!! It was hard going today. Had a sneaky peek at Week 4 :noway:

:sad: First interval 3 mins jogging/running, second interval 5 mins jogging/running :sad: Then, I have to repeat it!

I WILL DO IT!!!!!

LouiseXXX
  • swtchrypie
    Options
    Finished W2D3 yesterday, now I am resting and stretching for the day ahead of me tomorrow!
  • NoMorePerfect
    NoMorePerfect Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 2 DONE!! I wish I could figure out what my walk and run times are. I use a treadmill. I also use the C25K app on my iphone. But I cannot find an armband small enough to wear my iPhone on my arm, so I have to set it on the treadmill. Thus, the walk times and run times are not counted. Any tips on how to figure this out? I'd love to know if I am going 4mph or whatnot.
  • Katybun3
    Katybun3 Posts: 172
    Options
    Just done Week2-Day1. It was tough but not as tough as I thought it would be. I had an head wind part of the way which didn't help. But hey I made it and I'm looking forward to doing Week 2-Day2
  • Steph_135
    Options
    I did W1 D2 today! It was wonderful, and I went faster and longer than the first day (longer, only because I didn't time my warm-up yesterday). I really had no troubles, except for the squirrel on the fence that I thought would jump at me, and scared me so much I was laughing with relief as I ran away from it. :laugh:
    Week 2, Day 2 DONE!! I wish I could figure out what my walk and run times are. I use a treadmill. I also use the C25K app on my iphone. But I cannot find an armband small enough to wear my iPhone on my arm, so I have to set it on the treadmill. Thus, the walk times and run times are not counted. Any tips on how to figure this out? I'd love to know if I am going 4mph or whatnot.
    I used to put my phone in a cell phone holder, then put the holder on a belt, and put it around my waist. Is that an option for you?