T.H.E (Trying Hard Everyday) Team

Options
1234568»

Replies

• vikalyn
    vikalyn Posts: 155
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

LOL ReNae, Ice Cream before dinner...ice cream ANY time is good, for the expanding waist line or widening hips! Good work going for a more productive activity while waiting for Dance Class for getting over. YOU are riding high, girlfriend. Keep it going!!!

Ya know, Vicky, I can totally understand your tech frustration. I am forever on the phone to our ITs at work asking them to help me out of some screw-up I likely caused. One time, I called Walt (he deals with our crime software...for the sheriff's department and the other 8 police departments in the county. I said "Hi Walt, who else calls you more than me?" He paused and said, "No one, right now." Was I crushed? Naw...my Chief couldn't train me, our officers thought I was genius doing what I could! Poor Walt. I still call, once in a while...but usually to fix the other officers screw ups.

So much for the fun stuff. Check out my day! Blimey!!! One thousand calories for dinner!!!!! Holy Cow, no wonder I feel like a COW! I checked out that web page for Pizza Hut meals and found a nice light pizza (Heart Lovers 12")...but not on the menu! I was told a Hawaiian Pizza was the better choice...and I really like them. Argh, my weigh-in is going to be a disaster! I've not really been doing any constructive exercising...just some resistance bands while watching Matlock reruns in the morning. Might be doing something right, I hope, cuz I am a little sore here n there.

Happy Losing...Vicki...*Ü*
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    SW 301 LW 281 CW 279 = 2lbs loss this week

I am still waiting to drop a jeans size. I know being bigger i have to wait longer to see the results, it's frustrating though.
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Wow, Vicky...you are doing a wonderful job. Even though you may not be moving down in jeans sizes...I bet they're much more comfortable. Where I'm at I can at least wear mine all day with feeling like they're cutting me in half. At bed time...yup, I'm ready to peel them away!

I forgot to weigh in thin morning...but I KNOW I'm up at least another pound. I haven't made many good choices and the workouts have been slim (wow...that's where I want to be). sigh.

Have a great weekend, gals...hope you all check in at least once!

• CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Morning gals!! I don't know how to log any weight loss so I'll just tell you about it. About a month ago my lowest weight was 227.9lbs. Then this past month I bounced back and forth from 230-233 up and down up and down. This morning I weighed 228.5 so I am losing but not back to the lowest. I was 227 and 228 3 days this week so I think I've broken the 230 mark. I will be trying for 225 next Friday!! Lets see if I can do it.

I was thinking about buying some of those shape-up shoes. I already have a balance problem from the fibromyalgia and I have dizzy spells. My son is worried I will be even more unstable if I wear those shoes. Any thoughts on the subject???

The thread is getting slow again on posting. Me included. I know some are busy but they could stop bye and say HOWDY! I've not been feeling well so I've just been reading and running. I forgot to take my meds for 3 days in a row and it takes me about a week to recover when I do that. I am feeling somewhat better now except I hurt my arm night before last so I've not been sleeping well from that pain. I have some kind of muscle pain in my left arm. The dr called it frozen shoulder and he thinks I might have some nerve damage in that arm. It's been hurting me for over a year. Well the other night my son's dog followed me to my room and I didn't know cause she was quiet and I turned around and stepped on her, which almost made me fall so I reached out to grab the wall to keep from falling and jammed my body weight onto that arm and rammed it into the wall. I let out a stream of cuss words and burst into tears instantly. My son came running and I was crying so hard it was hard for him to understand what I was saying happened. So God only knows how long that will take to heal back to the normal pain I feel!

Today I am going to Pikes Place Market with my best friend. I am excited to see her and go walking and spend time together. The sun is trying to make it's way out and I pray that it will be out for us while we are gone. It was nice yesterday and I am praying for that today, at least during the time we are walking at the market!

Have a good day all. I've missed you all. Good luck this week!
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I know that I said to count me out until my ankle is better, but I stepped on the scale expecting a + but was SO glad to see a - this week. I am down to 247. :happy:
    It's been a crazy week for me:
    After over-eating on Wednesday night, in order to prevent the medication that I was going to be taking from upsetting my stomach. I took a percoset (since the hydrocodone wasn't working) & went to sleep around 8pm
    4am Thrusday morning, I woke my husband due ot my ankle hurting (again) & he gave me another percoset. 10am Thursday morning, I was violently ill, shakes, sweating, dizzy & spent the day in the ER. They gave me something for the nausea, morphine for the pain & another medicine all thru my IV drip.Sometime that afternoon, they released me with the understanding that I would stick to the BRAT (Banana Rice Applesauce Toast) diet. I came home, ate 1/2 of a banana & it came right back up. I went to bed but barely slept more 2 hours before waking up in pain again. Around 3:30am Friday, my husband gave me a unisom & I slept until almost 10. I ate 4 slices of toast & a bowl of spaghetti noodles, which both stayed down. So it looks like I am able to hold food down, but I am not going overdo it.
    I woke up Saturday morning feeling good (not great) with a little bit of an upset stomach, but am still able to keep food down. I am just really tired & not doing any exercise until I get the MRI of my ankle & know what the next step is going to be but I have been watching my calorie intake. If any of you can suggest any "sitexercise" please contact me.
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals!

The day went pretty well, even though there was a bit of an interruption from our Neighbor. She's about 75 and has bravely battled with RA almost all of her adult life Now she is so disabled she can't do much for herself. So she rallies her friends to help her out, but missed a time slot today and asked me to help her with her lunch. Not a bad gig, I enjoy visiting with her. By the time I got the dishes done and got her settled in her recliner we enjoyed an Oreo and then it was her nap time. It just took a little over an hour of my day. DH takes her to PT every Tuesday, and gets the lunch duty after bringing her home. They've become pretty good friends. She says she's never been around a man quite like him. She's a genteel southern gal, he's a truck driver/logger. It's been good for both of them.

Sooooooo. Dreamer...what happened to your ankle? I'm sure you told us...but I'm old and forget easily...:huh: I'm so sorry you're going through so much discomfort. Sitercises...bicep curls, tricep extensions, shoulder raises, lean forward if you can and raise your arms behind you, bend them and do it again (use your back muscles), lean back and bring your arms up to shoulder height on the side and put your fists together in front (using your chest muscles). You can do those at all kinds of levels in front. I KNOW Shawna will know the names of these exercises (bent rows, delt rows, etc.). You can also do crunches while sitting, Tighten you ab muscles and curl forward. Carefully twist and lean side to side, too. I try to remember to "curl" when I'm sitting in my recliner to reach for my water. I think it's making a difference.

I've missed you here, Deb...even though we keep in touch on FB. I got down to 221½, and back up to 125 by this morning. I'd wait for ya here, but I need to refocus, and remember why I'm here! I got a Jessica London catalog today and sifted through the pages and saw lots of cute clothes I AM NOT buying. I have a ton of nice clothes the next size or two down stored in super suck bag in our closet. I'm not into trendy styles, mostly classic, so they should still be in style. Besides, it's not all about clothes...it's about health, too. I really do want to be a fit looking old lady.

Have a GREAT Sunday...

• utahsis
    utahsis Posts: 49
    Options
    Deb - I agree with your son about the shoes. They've been receiving a lot of critism and a class action suit for causing hipdamage, so why take the chance of getting hurt by losing your balance. You're doing so awesome walking. If you want to "up" the workout benefits of your walks, consider carrying 1-2 pound weights in your hands. Make sure to wear well cushioned shoes and soak in the fresh air AHHHHHH.
  • SBagnall2012
    Options
    I have just joined MFP this week and I think its great. I feel there is 'someone' watching me who i have to report to every day. Its all psycological isn't it? So during the day I think twice before I eat a load of rubbish as I know I will be logging on later in the evening to reveal all!. Great website -I love it, and i've lost 2lb - hurray!
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Welcome 1963 !! I totally understand your feeling about someone watching after you. I kinda think of some of the gals here saying" do you REALLY want that?" I still think you should have a little goodie now and then, don't totally deprive yourself or you will gorge one day and feel really bad. I have a bag of See's chocolate chips that I can have 10 of for 70 calories....so I have 10 once or twice week and I don't go overboard. A loss of 2lbs is great!! You should start yourself a ticker so you can watch it change all the time. It's so fun!

Utahsis I have 2 friends who love the shoes. I just don't want to fall or look like an idiot LOL. I didn't realize there was a class action suit going. I can't carry weights with me because of my left arm. I don't want my right arm to be buffer than my left LOL. If nothing else I do need some good walking shoes. I'm on my feet all day and I go on my walks while I am at work. Any suggestions on what shoes I SHOULD get?

Vicki I was looking through some JCPenny catalogs and saw some CUTE clothes I wanted really bad. Thought about ordering them or taking a run to Pennys and buying some new clothes but I want to wait until I can buy the next size down. I want to lose another 27.5 lbs to get to my first goal by that time I will be down another clothes size. Then I will try for the last 25 lbs. BUt a few new clothes at my first goal will be my reward!

Hawaiiandreamer I hope you get to feeling better soon!!! Get a shake weight and follow the DVD's that come with it you will get a good sitdown work out!

Well have to go the dog is trying to get on my lap for attention and making it hard to type. Have a good Sunday. Good luck this week!!
  • vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Welcome '63...oh yeah, we'll be there for ya. Deb is right, though. Allow yourself to enjoy a treat now and again. I keep dark chocolate with raspberry or cherry bars in our freezer. One or two squares usually does the trick! It surprises me, but it sure keeps the binging down to almost nil!

Dreamer...thanks for the message. I remember now you mentioning your accident. I LOVE Debs suggestion about the shaker (do you have one Deb?) It certainly can't hurt. I wish there was a magic pill that would heal your ankle. As well as Deb's Fibro.

I have a pair of those curved soled sandals from Curves...via Avon. I LOVE them. So there is a bit of a workout in the butt and thighs, but for the most part I think they are very comfortable. I love the flow when walking. I don't understand the balance problem, except maybe the rather thick sole. I've been a clog and high heel wearer for so many years maybe it's not a concern for me.

I was WAY low on calories today. I got started on a project I've been putting off: Making new cushions and covers, and a front window curtain for our motor home. As expected, once I got started I couldn't stop, until I almost fell over from starvation at about 6 pm. Can't wait to get back on it tomorrow. DH did asked if I was grocery shopping tomorrow...I HOPE not, although the cupboards are getting low with our more preferred foods. In other words...there's still lots to eat, just might not what we WANT to eat.

• vikalyn
    Options
    Howdy Gals,

Went grocery shopping yesterday, for just a few things. Our list was long but I got only what we absolutely HAD to have...$300 later I came home with 4 sacks! and two small boxes.

So, I hope it lasts till next pay day.

I'm a bit agitated tonight. Went to the Town Council meeting as Chair of the Planning Commission to discuss a zoning change we are proposing and was "up staged" by a Council Member who thinks he knows more than me. Oh, I should mention he is married to our Planner and is privy to the facts...but it was inappropriate that he basically "chaired" that portion of the meeting. I will have a word with the Mayor and Clerk/Treasurer about this.

My dinner was a huge treat...I could LIVE on buttermilk bread and cheese sandwiches!

Happy Losing....Vicki...:devil:
  • CrazybeeRX
    Options
    Morning Vicki,

Not many people posting this week. I've been busy so not been around. Saturday I went to Pike's Place Market with one of my best friends and had a nice day. Then Sunday I lazed around and cleaned house a little and baked cookies and just relaxed. Monday I lost my Aunt Bobbie. She had emphysema and had a bad night Saturday night. By Sunday evening she was in a coma and passed away on Monday afternoon. At least she went quickly and not in a lot of pain. She lives in Missouri and I didn't get to see her much but I loved her. I went to Missouri 4 yrs ago and got to see her and she was so excited to see me. I'm glad I had that time with her. I take my parents to the airport tomorrow at 4am so they can go home for the funeral. Today I am going with my son and daughter in law for her ultra sound. I get to see my grandchild for the first time today. I am excited to see if there are twins in there. My daughter in law is a twin and there are twins in my family. I've been teasing them about having twins. I want to see for myself if there is one or two babies! I am sort of hoping for twins!!

I've broken my plateau finally. I've lost the few lbs I gained last month plus 1.3 lbs more. I am hoping for 225 this Friday ..but we will see. I haven't eaten the best the last couple of days but will be working on getting on track eating healthier today. Wish me luck.

My friend Sheila...she uses the nic name strawberryisland, might be coming to join us. She sent me a message asking me where the thread is, so I expect to see her. She was with the original thread back in 2009. She is a hoot and I am sure you will enjoy her.

Yes Vicky I do have a shake weight and I just got it back out to try to use again. I want to try to strengthen my arms. With my left arm being messed up I can't use it a lot but I can use it some and every little bit helps. I just need to find the dang dvd again for the 6 minute workout LOL.

I need to get moving and get ready to go to the ultra sound and then on to work. Have a great day.

Deb
  • RENAEJAE
    RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is having a good week. I'm glad it's Wednesday. Lots to get done before starting my vacation on Friday though. No big plans - just spending time as a family. We'll take off for a few days with the kids just to get away. We've been wanting to take them to North Conway NH - there is a hotel with a waterslide park inside. I plan on logging in every day and hope I can keep my calories low without my daily routines.

crazybee - I know you can reach your 225 goal this week! Can't wait to hear how the ultrasound goes! Sorry to hear about your Aunt.

Vicki - I hadn't really thought about it but I do have a pair of jeans that used to cut me in half but are now quite comfortable. Unfortunately I didn't toss any of my old clothes so I have every size of jeans in my closet - but I might reward myself with a new pair of jeans after I lose 50lbs!

Dreamer - I hope you are feeling better today.

1963 - welcome -- a little chocolate fix never hurt anyone. I keep FF Dove Chocolate Creme indiv wrapped in my cupboard at work. Only 38 calories each and they are so good! At home I keep a 70% cocoa choc bar in the freezer. Just a small square after dinner takes care of my sweet tooth. Everything in moderation! Keep up the good work!!!

Time to get some actual work done. Drink that water today!
    ReNae
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi Team!

Yeah, I've been MIA for a few weeks. Life just seems to be so crazy these days! Hubby gone on business for 2 weeks, kids on spring break, doing LOTS of yardwork....ect, ect. I have been eating "ok" and getting as much physical activity as I can fit in. Been walking the treadmill at home on non-nice days. As hard as it may be to believe, I haven't stepped on the scale since I last checked in about 3 weeks ago.

Yesterday was a good 4 hours on the motorcycle for a long ride with friends to have dinner .I had a chef salad while they all ate fried greasy stuff like fish n chips, burgers and chicken fried steak. LOL Whats funny tho is, while I was eating my healthy salad, they were all looking at it like "That looks really good!"... and it was! I am new to their group and most of them are guys. I can tell already they are a very nice bunch, but they obviously don't care about how much they EAT or WHAT they eat. While they were all stuffed and starting to feel food coma setting in, I was ready to ride home... LOL Today, I feel like I spent several hours at the gym. My legs, abs, chest, shoulders all feel the dance I took with my 400lb bike. Such an amazing feeling to feel those muscles!

I sat down this morning and did a re-eval on my goals and set some new ones. I will weigh in on Friday morning to see where I am and update my ticker.

I also started us a new thread since this one is now 7 pages long! :0)
    Here's the link......

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/216555-t-h-e-trying-hard-everyday-team
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2 pounds & blame it on not being able to exercise due to my injury. So do not count me out, but I will not be checking in again until I am out of my walking cast & have burned a few calories by getting back to my regular exercise routine.