30 Day Shred Buddy?

Options

Replies

• becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Erica, on d3 I felt awful afterwards, so I don't know how I managed this am to do so much- I think part of it comes from becoming familiar with the circuits, and with the plank exercises, I would rather do fewer slower than do the modified ones at speed- I really didn't think I was working hard enough on them!

Ruby, I only rest from the shred on a Saturday, so am almost doing it every day! And that wasn't intentional, but now I've done it twice, its stuck! (I think I make up for it on a tuesday when I shred, walk to zumba & back and do a 1hr zumba class!)

God tomorrow is gonna be mental!
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @becka, i believe on the TV show "the biggest loser" they make the contestants (near the end of the series) wear the weight they've lost and shed it at certain milestones along a run. When the finish its interesting to hear about how hard it was and "how did they walk around like that"- but again these are masssive amounts of weight loss- but i think i understand what your saying! Congrats:)
    wasn't able to shred today but did stay under my calorie goal- so at least thats something positive!
    stay well everyone!!
  • becka63
    Options
    Oh that's right Jojo- I remember now! I don't think I'll go as far as popping my weights into my handbag and carrying them around for a day just to 'remind' myself!

Right, got 1/2 way through now! 15 day countdown starts HERE!

I have a dilemma though...on a Tuesday I've been shredding when I've been a few days into the level (L1 I was about 8 days in and L2 5 days in) and then going to my zumba class, feeling as though I had enough energy to do both...all has been good so far. But by my reckoning, I shall finish my 10th day of L2 on Monday, meaning I'll be starting the new scary level on Tuesday (my zumba day). Not too sure that's a good idea...

So my options are:
    Shred L3 on Tues and miss zumba
    Don't have a rest day on Saturday, finish L2 on Sunday, then rest from the shred on Tuesday, but go to zumba
    Do an extra day of L2 on Tuesday, go to zumba and start L3 on Wed.
    Carry on as planned, if I feel up to zumba after L3, do it

I know ultimately, it won't make a lot of difference, I just like to have it planned!

Keep shreddin' every1!:wink:
  • staceywoo
    staceywoo Posts: 56
    Options
    Can I join in? I'm on level 1 day 5 today, and I'm really enjoying it. Looking forward to starting level 2 next week, though from what I'm reading here I'm prepared for it to be a challenge! I've never done any kind of fitness DVD before, and I like it a lot more than I thought I would. Hopefully it will help me to shift the last couple of pounds and tone up :)
  • Dukesjourney
    Dukesjourney Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ive just purchased this DVD... can't wait to start it, the results look amazing.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 11 and i found my first time on level 2 ok, it was tough but i think give me a few days and it will be ok.

I was dreading it today as it was after my 5k run but actually both felt strong and now i only have 19 days left, racing towards the half way point now :)
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    managed to get in L2D2 this morning! Yep, I feel more of a burn than Level 1 for sure!!! Still unsure of my accurate calorie burn since i have no HRM.

The last circuit does kill the arms!! Need to practice more on those b/c I need to build up my shoulder/arm strength for volleyball too!!

Already feeling the difference in my legs and abs. Even wearing jeans- I feel like my thighs aren't jiggling around- they feel hard!! Also, tightened the belt 1 hole & even close to being on 2 holes down!! WHOOT WHOOT!!

later:)
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I havent shredded all weekend because i've been at my sisters and under the weather, im annoyed with myselfthough because i should be halfway through by now but am instead, 5 days behind. boo!
    Anyway,im starting level2tomorrow and am determined to have a good rest of the week so i'll let you know how i go!
  • EvelynForsyth
    Options
    Day 1 Level 2 - im not quite so cocky now! really struggled with the plank style exercises! fingers crossed it all gets better in a few days!
  • becka63
    Options
    @foreverlyn, have replied to your status!

Just done L2D6, was really unmotivated to start it this morning, but think it was my best L2 workout yet! Really fluffed on the plank twists at the end though - fell into a very undignified heap on the floor, head in towel, groaning, whilst I could hear Jillian shouting "give me three more..." Noooooooo!!!!!

Tomorrow, I'm doing my measurements etc, so I'll see if there's been any difference! I have to say I was unimpressed when I put my jeans on yesterday - I had to LOOSEN the belt -aarrrgghhhh!! Then I realised it was because they were sitting lower on my hips and not near my waist! So that's ok then...

13 more shreds...
  • becka63
    Options
    L2D7 done! I think TODAY was my best L2 workout so far! I managed to do more consecutive plank moves before resting, although still ended up in a heap at end of the plank twists at the end! Don't think I'll be ready to move on to L3 in 3 days...think I might do a couple more L2 first.

Did my measurements and had lost 1cm on hips & waist, 1cm on one thigh and 0.5 cm on the other, so it's still toning me! Can't remember what I've lost overall, will check at the end!
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    So I did Day 12 yesterday - was fine.

Then today Day 13 and my 5k run - OUCH!!!!

My legs were aching from yesterdays shred but i managed to finish my run and then did Day 13.

I am finding Level 2 ok and I feel much better after each workout which is motivating me. I was so close to having a rest day though but still going strong.

Hope you are all doing ok!

I can't wait to weigh myself and take my measurements on Sunday.
  • becka63
    Options
    Best of luck with that Ruby!

Glad you're finding L2 ok, I'm still finding it a bit of a struggle, but some parts are coming easier - not sure how ready I feel to move on to L3!

Impressed you ran afterwards though!
  • EvelynForsyth
    Options
    Im about to L2 D3 - not enjoying level 2 at ALL. think my upper body strength is just not up to scratch but im determined not to give up! Im not going away this weekend so i have no excuse!

Its those jumpingpush up things that get me, i make a huge noise and get even get my feet off the ground! :(
  • rubysparkle
    Options
    Best of luck with that Ruby!

Glad you're finding L2 ok, I'm still finding it a bit of a struggle, but some parts are coming easier - not sure how ready I feel to move on to L3!

Impressed you ran afterwards though!

I'm mostly doing the modified versions at the moment i think that's why i find it ok, i have a neck injury so have to be careful with any planks or i put my neck out again.
  • becka63
    Options
    That seems sensible if you have a neck injury.

I've just done L2D8 - 2more to go and then I see about moving it up a level! I'm going to stick with my 'rest' day tomorrow (only resting from shredding) and watch L3 on Monday after I've done my 10 days. Some people on these forums have said that L3 isn't as much of a step up from L2 as L2 was from L1, so I'm hoping that's the case!

@foreverlyn - there's definitely been more grunting this level!! For me it's been on those oblque ab moves with the handweights! Can only get my legs to go 1/2 way back down...boy!
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    L2D5 done! This is the longest I've ever kept up with this video. I am determined to make through 10 days of each level.

@Becka- it's encouraging you are losing cm's. Makes me want to take my measurments. Maybe tomorrow morning.

I'm also home all weekend and already took a rest day this week so I am going to try to do it both days. I ordered ripped in 30 to so I am going to take a look at that video too. Hopefully I'll be ready to start that one after this one. I can't wait to be on level 3. Level 2 is just not fun for me. I do think it's getting easier and I was able to make it through the whole second cardio session without stopping. So that's a plus :smile: But the plank moves are a killer. I do the modified plank jumps cause they make my knees hurt and I do the plank jacks but not as many as Natalie. She's fast!!! I can definetly feel the plank jacks in my legs.

Have a great weekend everyone! Hopefully it's nice where you are...it's snowing again here.:frown:
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Level 2 Day 1 was a FAIL.... I am going back to level 1. I can't do the plank position, so I can't do half the workout. I will just continue to build up strength in Level 1 and then try level 2 again later! I had to at least try and see if I could do it. So tommorrow will be Level 1 Day 11. Anybody else sticking with Level 1 for longer than 10 days?
  • EvelynForsyth
    Options
    @ Erica - cant believe you still get snow! We got snow over here for about a month and the whole country went to a standstill, its lovely and sunny now! Im walking around with a shortsleeved jacket on! Crazy how different it is!

@atucker_mom - the plank movers are SO hard. i was so smug doing level 1 because i really enjoyed it and found it easy but i am finding it really difficult! i am L2 D3 and have just managed to do a push up. But i mean literally, i went down 5cms and i thought i was getting stronger. pride before a fall i guess! (i have carpet burned both my knees again!)

Im not shredding today, just walking to a friends house and back, i waitressed and work was hectic. i have jelly arms!
  • Achoooo
    Achoooo Posts: 130
    Options
    I used the shred for a few weeks last year, then I got out of using it. I did level 1 and 2 great, 3 was quite the killer.
    I'm doing it again - level 1- 5 times out of 6 days so far, I missed yesterday due to a migraine, will pick back up today and do level 1 for the next five days - maybe take a day off then get into level 2.

I'm with ya guys - it's a killer, I'm alright on level 1, a couple moves are challenging but I'm confident when it's level 2 time I'll be ready again. good luck to everyone!