What is your heritage

Options

Replies

• bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i'm a little bit of scottish, german, english and irish. I've been told mostly irish. I love my corned beef and cabbage. I also make an amazing beer bread.
  • nuemmedigg
    nuemmedigg Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    1/2 Swiss (German and French originally)
    1/4 Danish
    1/4 Polish

I love Mexican food, Indian food... Swiss food is about as bland as anything can be. Living in the USA has been a blessing, but also given me too many food choices. So now I am eating my faves but cutting down to Swiss sized portions.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    100% German, although several generations removed...as far as food, though, I will have to go with the regional theme...being from the Buffalo, NY area, I love my beer, pizza, wings, beef on weck, fish fries, Sahlens hot dogs, Webers mustard, sponge candy, etc. etc...oh, did I say beer? :drinker:
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I'm complicated. I eat everything.
  • Natolee72
    Natolee72 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm the only hispanic person here. XD

Hello??? Mexican right here lol :happy:
  • aleksarenae97
    Options
    I'm Indian and African-American, but I don't really eat any heritage specific foods
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    I'm interested, those of you of English, Welsh, Scottish heritage - have you been to the UK? How much to you know about these countries?
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Hawaiian/Spanish/Heinz 57

Recently tried zumba which proved my hips do not move like hula dancers...never tried Spam BUT I do partake in Taco Bell frequently.
  • nomoremuffintopness
    nomoremuffintopness Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    French/German

I mostly take after the German side, love my sweets :) My looks come from the French side, look just like my momma
  • Jon_Rod
    Jon_Rod Posts: 158
    Options
    british/persian/arabic.........i mainly eat breakfast cereal :wink:

i think being into your heritage is much more an american pastime than a european one.........

Thats a Cool Mix : )
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    british/persian/arabic.........i mainly eat breakfast cereal :wink:

i think being into your heritage is much more an american pastime than a european one.........

Thats a Cool Mix : )

Well thank you! East meet West LOL!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Mexican! :wink:
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    Czech, German, and Martian
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    I suppose that's why I like eating space dust.
  • kbloodworth
    kbloodworth Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    re: traditions we might follow..
    I second LoopyToucan in that I do not ever wear shoes in my home....this just seems like a good practice for cleanliness anyway!

I third this - it's so funny I don't even think of it as "traditional" anymore, it's an automatic action that I do without thinking about it. Did your mom ever warn you about getting sick from a fan blowing directly on you? lol

I didn't know people wore shoes in the house until the first time I stayed the night at a friends house. I kept thinking "wow this family must be really embarrassed of their feet..."
  • FitPhysique
    FitPhysique Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Carribean...Dominican/Haitian. But a lot of us have very mixed Heritage. I grew up in the US so I cook a variety of food. Dominican, Italian, Indian, Mexican, Thai. Jamaican, chinese, Nigerian etc. I love love food. Every celebration is based around...I love Fried pork chunks(Chicharon)mostly the fatty part and fried green plaintains (tostones) with pickled onions and Rice and Red beans made with coconut milk and Oxtail oh yes oxtail....Thank God I am full from my snack or I'd be falling off the wagon right now. My family eat rice with a side of rice. My stepmom eats rice every day. She can go to a five star restaurant then she'd come home and eat rice. LOL...
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Czech, German, and Martian

Martian! :laugh: :laugh:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Irish 50%, Austrian 50%

MAYBE some British in there, but my Irish grandmother will never admit it :laugh:

My maternal greatgrandparents came over from Ireland through Ellis Island in the 1900s. I have their nationalization papers framed in my house.

My paternal greatgrandparents came over from Austria in the early 1800s. I have ancestors that have been in evert war since the Civil War. :heart:

I love my family history.

My children however, are a mix of so much! My first daughter is 50% Irish and 25% Italian and 25% Austrian. My baby daughter is 25% Honduran, 25% Salvadoran, 25% Austrian and 25% Irish. So awesome.

We eat a lot of traditional foods on my dad's side. ESPECIALLY at Christmas. Mmmm.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    I suppose that's why I like eating space dust.

i wish i were part martian too :laugh: though i hear martians eat cars ('Cadillacs, Lincolns too; Mercurys, and Subarus'),
    bars and guitars!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g
  • nkswans
    nkswans Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I'm Italian and Swedish. My maternal grandparents are from Italy and my paternal great grandparents are from Sweden. I've been lucky to grow up with lots of delicious Italian foods by my grandma and my mom. So lots of pasta, polenta and we always do seafood on Christmas Eve. Lately we have taken up making Glogg around Christmas too, from my grandpa's recipe. Although, I don't drink much of it, too strong for me! We also make Swedish bread with cardamon and meatballs.