Options

Replies

• cthoma70
    cthoma70 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a ton of Oatmeal Recipes

1/2 cup oatmeal and 1 and 1/4 cups of water in everyone

Blueberry Muffin

1/2 frozen Dole blueberries (they are smaller and close to the size in muffins)
    1/4 tsp vinalla extract
    I cant believe its not butter spray about 15 sprays
    cinnamon to taste
    stevia to taste

Banana Nut bread (this one has over 200 calories)

1 small banana mashed
    1 tbp of chopped walnut
    dash of nutmeg
    cinnamon to taste
    stevia

Pumpkin Pie

1/2 Libby's canned pumpkin
    pumpkin spices
    stevia

Apple Cinnamon

1/2 Fiji apple chopped
    cinnamon to taste
    stevia

No Bake Cookie (this one has over 200 calories)

1 tbs Nestle's chocolate chips
    1 tbs peanut butter
    stevia

Cinnamon Toast

1/4 to 1/2 tsp cinnamon (work on your favortie taste)
    I cant believe its not butter spray (extra on this)
    stevia (extra on this)

All of these (the way I make them) are at 200 calories or less. Just work with them until you have a good favor and caloire mix for yourself.

By the way before a started losing weight I HATED oatmeal, now I like it :)
  • been2boston
    been2boston Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I buy "old fashioned" oatmeal- 1/2 a cup of that and 1 cup of water in the microwave for 2 minutes and it's perfect. And less salt/sugar than the prepackaged stuff. I add a container of greek yogurt to it to add some flavor, fruit, and don't have to add any milk to it, too. Ends up being just about 300 calories, and filling!!!
  • wallkicker
    Options
    I have done the berries and honey thing . Right now just oatmeal with a little 1 percent milk . I have to admit peanut butter sounds pretty darn good and cinnamon as well !
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Bob's Old Fashioned oatmeal at the moment. I usually put in a spoonful of organic, crunchy peanut butter + 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon and a spoonful of Astro Natural Balkan yogurt.

How about you?

When I was growing up, it was butter and sugar in the oatmeal. Milk, if the oatmeal was too hot.
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    tablespoon of honey
  • Lila90
    Lila90 Posts: 27
    Options
    Strawberries & Cream:
    -organic sugar
    -organic strawberries
    -homemade vanilla almond milk
    -drizzle of homemade cashew cream

Banana Nut Bread:
    -walnuts
    -banana
    -organic brown sugar
    -homemade vanilla almond milk
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I ussually eat mine as tomorrow oats (with greek yogurt) or with a scoop of chocolate protien powder :) both are yummy and get me through till lunch :)
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    Bump Bump Bump
  • galleryswarm
    Options
    i usually put almonds and honey in mine.
  • armywf07
    armywf07 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    hungry girl's smores oatmeal! chocolate marshmallows and chocolate chips and graham crackers and only 299 calories for the whole serving
    !
  • viajera99
    viajera99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Savory Sriracha Oatmeal

Don't knock it until you've tried it!

http://blog.thesrirachacookbook.com/post/36525790552/savory-sriracha-oatmeal-recipe

“**** A Doodle Doo” Savory Sriracha Oatmeal recipe

1 cup rolled oats (NOT instant)
    2 cups water
    Small handful whole cashews
    1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos, or low-sodium soy sauce
    1 tablespoon Sriracha, plus more for happy squirting
    2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
    1 clove garlic, minced

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    2 large eggs (free-range and organic is best)
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

In a small saucepan set over a medium heat, combine the oats, cashews, Liquid Aminos (or soy sauce), Sriracha, rosemary, and garlic. Bring it to a boil, cover, and lower the heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed and the oats are cooked through, about 5 minutes.

While the oats are cooking, heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Once the oil is hot, crack in the eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the eggs to your desired consistency, though sunny side up is my preference so the yolk can ooze all over your oatmeal. For sunny side up, cook the egg (without flipping) until the whites are set and the yolk is still jiggly, about 2 to 3 minutes.

Spoon out the oatmeal, and top each serving with a fried egg. Drizzle a little bit of leftover oil from the egg pan over the plated oatmeal. Squirt additional Sriracha over all of it should you want a little extra heat. (And who doesn’t?)

Makes 2 hearty servings
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    bump for ideas
  • apachebat
    apachebat Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow! The Sriracha oats sound amazing. Can't wait to try them.

For those of you adding in the protein powder:
    Do you do it before cooking? I've tried adding it to various cold "unblended" things like yogurt and cereal and it just doesn't mix very well. The clumps are disgusting. Is this a problem for you or does it dissolve in while cooking?
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Wow! The Sriracha oats sound amazing. Can't wait to try them.

For those of you adding in the protein powder:
    Do you do it before cooking? I've tried adding it to various cold "unblended" things like yogurt and cereal and it just doesn't mix very well. The clumps are disgusting. Is this a problem for you or does it dissolve in while cooking?

I found cooking the protein powder makes it clump up and rubbery and gross. I took to mixing half a cup of milk or water with the powder and pouring it in at the end, sort of like a glaze. Mixes in better and tastes yummy. I use gnc vanilla ice cream protein powder. Diary is open to see what I put in my oats.
  • Beavergong
    Beavergong Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love oats for breakfast. Does that count? I use .25 cup of whole grain oats and .5 cup of water. Microwave for 1.50 minutes. Then add 1 tblsp of mixed seeds and sultanas, 6 red grapes halved and 1 tablespoon of lite yoghurt. After a fast day it taste wonderful!
  • banana_milk
    Options
    Unsweetened cocoa powder, cinnamon, and Splenda.. soo gooood.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Plain oatmeal with a dribble of milk most days. I'm boring I guess 8)
  • luv_2_lift
    luv_2_lift Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    bumping for oatmeal ideas, yum!
  • dixielawgirl
    dixielawgirl Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump! Love my oatmeal.

I usually add pb+ chocolate protein powder

bananas+honey+ cinnamon

or I'll do chocolate whey pp/strawberries OR blueberries/vanilla whey in my overnight oats
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    In the winter when I eat it hot: Brown Sugar, Cinammon,Nutmeg and Flax seeds

In the Summer when I eat it cold ( summer oats) I use vanilla greek yogurt, milk, maple syrup, blueberries and chia seeds. ( Sometimes a scoop of vanilla whey powder and I eat it as my post workout snack)