What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    oo peanut butter is a good idea.

i usually go for blueberries, some milk and some maple syrup or honey if i want extra sweetness.
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    1 Egg White, Stevia and raisins or sliced banana :-)
  • LoveandGuns
    Options
    I always put mixed fruit, skim milk, some brown sugar in mine. Of course I never over-do it with the sugar, lol. :)
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Oatmeal, 1/2 cup milk, buttload of blueberries and 1/2 buttload of raspberries. Mmmmmmmmmm.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats is my go to (lower on the GI and less calories than rolled) with almond milk, honey, greek yogurt, & blueberries. Yummm.... Oh and I prefer mine cold :)
  • onthelam67
    onthelam67 Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been using Almond Milk instead of water or skim and then I add cinnamon & raisins. OMG. I'm pretty much addicted. The raisins make it for me.

I haven't thought of using Almond Milk instead of water - great idea! I add one tablespoon of freshly ground almond butter, some cinnamon and a tablespoon of Grade B maple syrup to mine - probably have that 3-4 days a week.
  • Weeblessings
    Weeblessings Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I use GF oatmeal, but I put ground flaxseed meal, some brown sugar, or something raw local honey....sometimes fruit too.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I've been using Almond Milk instead of water or skim and then I add cinnamon & raisins. OMG. I'm pretty much addicted. The raisins make it for me.

THIS, but I also add a bit of nutmeg, maple syrup, and almonds.
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Not a huge fan of oatmeal, so in for ideas that will inspire me!

(this morning having quinoa with blueberies & maple syrup!)
  • bevmcarthur
    bevmcarthur Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup cooked oats with 1 tsp coconut oil mixed in .then topped with serving of cottage cheese topped with fresh berries and sometimes sprinkle chia seeds on top
  • neekosmith
    neekosmith Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, banana, blueberries and walnut. Yum!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oats cooked with 2 tablespoons of milled flaxseed, almond milk, and water
    1 mini- box of raisins, 1/2 cup no sugar added applesauce, cinnamon, truvia
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    cocoa powder and bananas sometimes with peanut butter sometimes with peanut butter and protein powder or any of those combos.
  • KKWilson
    KKWilson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Couple tablespoons of my favorite greek yogurt and some craisins. YUM!
  • MissyPoo2013
    MissyPoo2013 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • fShaw86
    fShaw86 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I usually have had oatmeal sweetened with fruits and/or honey since forever. However, as of late, I've been seasoning my oatmeal with pepper, soy sauce, furikake (mixed Japanese spices), cooked, diced shrimp. Been interesting, but quite good. A sort of porridge, if you will.
  • imagination_fragments
    imagination_fragments Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lol after reading what some of you put in you oatmeal mine seems rather dull in comparison.

the only thing i add is strawberries, wheat germ, brown sugar and a pat of butter.

might have to try something new
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    It varies. PB2, bananas, raisins, coconut oil, almonds, brown sugar, blueberries.
  • xoxo_jasmine
    Options
    Chocolate coconut dream, cinnamon and banana!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    pecans, honey, and bluberries