What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I use Quaker weight control. They have a variety pack and it tastes sooo good. Since it's so low in calories, I usually mix in a spoonful of PB for protein and MORE flavor.
  • bkyoun
    bkyoun Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I am trying to get myself to eat oatmeal, but I can't get past the texture of it. I will try some of the suggestions here and see what happens

Any ideas (other then adding nuts) that makes it overall not too mushy?

Switch to Steel Cut oatmeal. Mushiness and texture problem solved and the flavor is much better too!
  • Majda1234
    Options
    1. Tuna and cheese- i know it sounds weird bu i love it
    Others that i rarely use:
    2. Bananas, pistachios, butter, milk and stevia
    3. Cherries and Cottage cheese
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon
    unsweetened cocao
    splenda brown sugar (a tiny bit)
    chia seeds
    Crunchy PB on ocassion

I eat this 2-3 times a day. :-)
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every day! Love it! Currently I am loving old fashioned oats made with almond milk and almond butter. Then add diced apples, raisins, chia seeds, cinnamon, walnuts and a drizzle of pure maple syrup.

The other one I do a lot is similar but with raisins, cinnamon, honey, chia and walnuts.
    I like to play around with lots of different mixtures of it too!!
    Pumpkin is good in it as well. Can you tell I am a little crazy over oatmeal? Lol
  • Kellihulst
    Kellihulst Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I haven't thought of cocoa!!
  • Brainless64
    Brainless64 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Stewed apple, banana, peaches, or Apricots
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge oatmeal fan. I adore steel cut oats soaked overnight in milk, and cooked with cinnamon sticks and brown sugar...but because of all the fuss and extra stuff that is more of a treat breakfast for me than daily.

As for "regular" oatmeal my fav is to blend 1/4 c oats, splash of milk, tsp brown sugar, handful of blueberries and an egg...in a coffee cup and microwave 2 min. It makes a small "cake" which is amazing, by itself or topped with a squirt of sugar free "maple" syrup.
  • breanazank
    Options
    Cocoa nibs, cinnamon, chia seeds, almond milk. I keep it simple and not too sweet.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Butter or yogurt spread, brown sugar, and chai seeds.
    Sometimes raisins.
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Steel Cut Oats, but for times sake, I usually just use old fashioned (or eat cold muesli!). I like mine with Almond Butter + either apple or pumpkin butter swirled in, or with SF Maple syrup, almond butter, a sliced banana and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • ReddHott77
    ReddHott77 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    banana and peanut butter
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I do my oatmeal plain ... just plain. I am getting pretty good at eating it .. and not thinking it is that bad.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    i throw in some nectarine chunks while the milk is heating up, so they soften up before i add in the oats. sooo tasty.
  • Buckeyegirlbritt
    Options
    I like to swirl in apple butter or in the fall a little pumpkin with a sprinkle of brown sugar.
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    gf bobs red mill oats with a ton of cinnamon and a small amy of honey and unsulphured molasses
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Steelcut oats every morning with Peanut butter, honey and cinnamon, or butter and brown sugar.

I usually make up a batch in my rice cooker every 3 days.
  • pearlmullet
    pearlmullet Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I use Roger's Steel Cut Porridge Oats with Wheat Bran and Flax. I make a batch every couple of days and eat 1/4 batch in the morning, with 1 Tbsp Maranatha Almond Butter and 1 scoop protein powder (Rivalus Promasil in Vanilla Soft Serve). I love this.

ETA: Using a rice cooker is a really good idea, Marilyn! ^^^
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    I've got into the habit of making my oatmeal with water or almond milk. I usually put half a chopped banana over my oatmeal with a tea spoon of peanut butter. Sometimes berries, cinnamon, or sometimes I'll put a teaspoon of Nutella in it.