What do YOU put in your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• slimjenny21
    slimjenny21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow, some of you guys have quite interesting mixes!
    I just add water and a teaspoon of brown sugar and about 10 blueberries! (i eat about 3/4 cup of oatmeal)
  • jonniethm
    jonniethm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use several things here and there:

1 Tbsp Agave in the raw
    almonds
    honey
    or 100% pure maple syrup
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Nutella ^_^
  • Ideabaker
    Ideabaker Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I've been eating mine with pumpkin pie seasoning, a bit of organic honey, chopped apples, sliced almonds, and half a scoop of vanilla protein powder...yummy, full of fibre and protein, and filling. Less than 200 calories, too, which allows me a second "breakfast" of eggs later!
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Almond milk, frozen berries and a drizzle of honey.

or

Almond milk, peanut butter and a bit of unsweetened jam

or (this is amazing by the way)

an apple cut in little pieces with lots of cinnamon and an optional drizzle of toffee sauce
  • MrfreddieV
    Options
    I cook mine in the micro almost every morning sometimes I add a tsp of peanut butter, sometimes 1/2 a cup 2% milk. I never add sweetener but have tried different fruit. I really just like the taste of the oatmeal. Even before I started counting calories this is how i have always ate my oatmeal. My family always thought i was strange for not adding sugar or honey. Now I'm happy that I really like it pretty plain.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I usually just have mine with raisins and some milk. I think I'm going to try the cinnamon suggestion today, sounds delicious!
  • alexpark0ur
    Options
    Nutella
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    cinnamon, raisins

almonds, dried cranberries

cinnamon, sliced bananas

pumpkin puree, pumpkin seeds, pumpkin pie spice, raisins

I always use almond/coconut milk as the liquid also, and I add chia seeds to whichever I decide to make
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter or PB2
  • savannahribeiro
    savannahribeiro Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I usually keep it pretty much naked or half a teaspoon of brown sugar and a splash of milk.
    Sometimes some mixed berries if I am feeling the sweet tooth.
  • thefitlife36
    thefitlife36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I usually use peanut butter, banana, a lil brown sugar
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump! to check out all the awesome ideas later....
  • lleaka
    lleaka Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I add a teaspoon of coconut oil, some almond milk and sometimes some honey.If not, half a banana.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    butter and maple syrup most recently.

sugar and milk previously.

almonds and milk when fed it by my godmother.

honey and greek yogurt in the future...when I plan to eat it raw as overnight oatmeal.
  • cboelens
    cboelens Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You all got me craving oatmeal. Almond milk, dates, dried blueberries, brown sugar - and any other dried fruit that might be lying around. . Steel cut oats overnight. Thinking about adding some protein powder but a little intimidated by the prospect..
    Working our way through some homemade sweet rolls (full of dried fruit as well) - oatmeal sound great for New Years.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating old fashioned Quaker Oats made with whole milk (or evaporated milk), cinnamon stick, sugar, a touch of butter, and vanilla extract. We called it "Avena" and my Wela swore by it on those cold Winter mornings. It's delicious and tastes like custard.

Now, I still use Quaker Oats but I make it with skim milk, cinnamon protein powder, sweetener, and I top it with sliced raw almonds. I do occasionally still enjoy a bowl of the full fat old school way I grew up on though.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I like chopped apples, dried cherries, and almonds or pecans in my oatmeal. But then I started liking it so much that I eat it without oatmeal.
  • alakaa
    alakaa Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my rolled oats like kheer
    cook oats in microwave with
    milk, (roasted poppy seeds, roasted coconut, cardamom)grounded
    top with slivered almonds, raisins,