Are you kidding me??

Options
12346»

Replies

• Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!!!

Omg.. this is hysterical. Really? Everyone's getting all bent out of shape because of a TOY TREADMILL???!!!!! Seriously??

Think about this:

TOY.
    TREADMILL.

Did you all look at this thing? Really look at it? It's PLASTIC and RUBBER. TOY. Toy toy toy toy toy. Just like those plastic shopping carts to go pretend grocery shopping with. Do you have ANY idea how many kids WOULD NOT be screaming in Mom's cart, running rampant through the store or...worse - if stores had them for kids to HELP mom shop (or dad)? I've seen parents bring these things in.. they're GREAT! They make the kid happy. It's healthy because it teaches them healthy shopping & spending habits; if the parent is truly engaged, they will also teach them how to read the labels & prices as well (there's not always time for that though). AND ITS A TOY.

Or like FearnLoathing said - dolls, dress up clothes, pretend makeup... etc. Same thing. PLASTIC. TOYS.

And how many commenting are parents? OH NO... IT'S HORRIBLE.. my child is going to be scarred for life because I got them a plastic toy treadmill ... *** GASP!!!! *** What a ROTTEN parent you ARE! You are bad bad bad mommy for buying your child a pretend exercise machine so they don't get on yours and ACTUALLY get hurt. Injury is not pretend, people.

Omg.

You know, this frustrates the hell out of me.

I AM a parent and **IF** I had room for a treadmill and **IF** my children were still little, darn right I'd get one! Probably two! One for each of them!!! Now, I DARE you - any of you - to tell me I'm a bad parent. Go on. Do it. Judge me.

Can I say it just once more to be clear - TOY! A healthy toy at that!! It's not a video game. It's not a movie. It's not motorized, battery operated, lighted or making noise. It moves by THEIR power. Hmm.. let's see... it's -10 degrees with a -2 windchill and it's been that way for 3 days, black ice, and a foot of snow. I have an active 4 year old. TV, treadmill.. TV, treadmill..

:explode: :explode: :explode:

This is a wonderful response :)
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    my kids like to imitate me. They wii fit beside me, they zumba with me, they lift little weights with me. If I ran on the treadmill, I would have a hard time keeping them off...this seems the perfect answer to that problem....

Is it not possible to run with them outside?

I suppose it would help if you were at different speeds. I tried running with the kid I babysit for, with him on his bike. It was a total disaster.

My 11 year old can, my 3 year old...absolutely not. For one, we live in the boonies, there are loose dogs, snakes, no sidewalks. I run on days I get off work early (I alternate with a co-worker) at the park on my way home from work. So, really, none of this really applies to me, except to say that, "no" both of my kids couldn't run with me.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Now if the woman in the picture was Jillian Michaels and she was screaming at the little girl "C'MON! 10 MORE SECONDS!!!" Then maybe I'd have a problem.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Now if the woman in the picture was Jillian Michaels and she was screaming at the little girl "C'MON! 10 MORE SECONDS!!!" Then maybe I'd have a problem.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    The fact that people are calling the child in the picture "chubby" is disturbing. :explode:

She looks perfectly healthy. This is why our young women have body issues.
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    The fact that people are calling the child in the picture "chubby" is disturbing. :explode:

She looks perfectly healthy. This is why our young women have body issues.

*** LIKE LIKE LIKE ***:drinker:
  • muth3rluvx2
    muth3rluvx2 Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh:

^5^5^5
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    kids like to imitate their parents....so it could be fun for them. i dont have a problem with kitchen playsets, where kids pretend like they're cooking and what not, so i wouldnt see what the problem with this would be. but i must say, i dont think it would keep them interested long.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    ROTFL