For the people who work out like crazy and are not losing

Replies

• mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Great advice.....now I just need to remember to follow it!! So easy to grab the "comfort munchies" at the end of a long day or week instead of thinking about the long term health.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    You hit the nail on the head... several times!
  • Shamrock40
    Shamrock40 Posts: 264
    Great, well-written post. I just hope the people who don't know any of these things get to read it!!
  • CherylYMerritt
    CherylYMerritt Posts: 114 Member
    Excellent post! I am taking your advice and increasing my calories! I too have been following the clean eating method. Look better, feel better. thanks for the tip on peanut butter!
  • Thank you so much for taking the time to write out all of that and I will heed your advice!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Love the post only thing #8 well some of us cant do the chocolate milk thing being diabetic, TOOO MUCH sugar in that but i do drink milk after a workout
  • Sueboo31
    Sueboo31 Posts: 128
    You got me with ditch the scale. I'm only two weeks in and I've already had my first moment of frustration.

I lost 5lbs (which I know is mostly water weight) after the first 8 or 9 days then I hop on the scale this morning and I'm up one pound. I know better than to let this discourage me but it's so hard when you think you are doing so great and you hop on the scale expecting to see the numbers go down, not up! ...it just bummed me out. I 'think' I have done a good job eating back my exercise calories but who knows. I've read a lot of threads on that subject...so many that it can be a bit overwhelming. I'm still new so I guess I just need to relax and let the process work before I start over analyzing everything.

Glad I saw this post. Good timing for me. Thanks so much for your advice!
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Very interesting read, thank you for that!! Its really given me some ideas of what i could be doing to help myself!! I was telling myself off for having at least 1 spoon of reduced fat peanut butter each day, but i do find it feels me up at the time i am having it!! Thanks again!!
    try adding in about 5-8 whole almonds unsalted a day you will see benefits from it.

I will give that a try thanks :)
  • rachgleeson
    rachgleeson Posts: 83 Member
    Very interesting read, thank you for that!! Its really given me some ideas of what i could be doing to help myself!! I was telling myself off for having at least 1 spoon of reduced fat peanut butter each day, but i do find it feels me up at the time i am having it!! Thanks again!!

I think reading ingredients is VERY important. Some peanut butter is utter garbage with hydrogenated oils and excess sugar. My personal favorite is Smuckers Natural PB with honey, I put some a teaspoon in my oatmeal every morning. However, Im not advertising for them. Just make sure the ingredients is things you can read and know what they are.

Thanks for that, i am in ireland and there really isnt much choice in the varieties of peanut butter!!
  • SammieGetsFit
    SammieGetsFit Posts: 432 Member
    Brilliant! Thank you very much for summing up all the best advice I've seen and putting it in one easy-to-read post. I'll be coming back to this again and again I'm sure. :)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    If you're reading the forums I believe you're using the website, so to "favorite" a post... heck doesn't IE even call them favourites to this day? Use a feature of your browser to favorite / bookmark whatever thread you want to come back to, "my topics" only stores your 25 most recent posts so depending on how often you post in the forums it may or may not be there, but I can still hit my bookmarks from my first days here that helped me get started.
  • neonpink
    neonpink Posts: 203 Member
    Brilliant post !
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,313 Member
    try adding in about 5-8 whole almonds unsalted a day you will see benefits from it.

I will give that a try thanks :)

Echoing the above post about ingredients, ditch the reduced fat. Look at the calories and they use sugar to make up for the fat they got rid of. For the small calorie difference eat an all natural peanut only no salt added one. I was using lot fat peanut butter then Iooked at the ingredients and say the second ingredient was icing sugar. It was the last fat reduced peanut butter I ever purchased.

The original post is a good one.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    I was using lot fat peanut butter then Iooked at the ingredients and say the second ingredient was icing sugar. It was the last fat reduced peanut butter I ever purchased.

Surely you meant last fat reduced product. :P

Gimme the full fat full flavour miracle whip, I can achieve the same 30% reduction in amount of fat by just using 30% less product.
  • DesertCowgirl
    DesertCowgirl Posts: 42 Member
    bump
  • gaterbear
    gaterbear Posts: 68
    Thanks for the terrific post. Excellent advice for everyone.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Bump
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,335 Member
    Bump
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    thank you!
  • jlzrdking
    jlzrdking Posts: 501 Member
    Saving