Replies

• fattybumchum22
    fattybumchum22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bumping for tomorrow half asleep lol
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    I was using lot fat peanut butter then Iooked at the ingredients and say the second ingredient was icing sugar. It was the last fat reduced peanut butter I ever purchased.

Surely you meant last fat reduced product. :P

Gimme the full fat full flavour miracle whip, I can achieve the same 30% reduction in amount of fat by just using 30% less product.

Yes, tired today.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,269 Member
    Options
    Ditto to rileysowner- when a food product is labeled nonfat or low fat read the label and check the sugar. Sugar is added to improve flavor. Healthy fats are good for you and your body needs them. Too much sugar intake contributes to gaining fat around the middle which may put you at risk for heart disease or diabetes. Depending on your goals and health issues reading the label of the food you buy is very important to check sodium, fat, sugar, carb count, etc. That's what I like about the food diary on this site. I can track not only my calorie intake and calories burned but also my sugar, calcium, carbs, sodium and fiber.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    good post!!!
  • twinwolf
    twinwolf Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just finished reading Tom Venuto's book "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" last week. Exactly what that book states.. Excellent points made. Thanks for sharing here! I will be sending you a friend invite... With a reason why... ;-)
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Great post!! Thanks for your sensible words!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback guys and I sincerely hope that it reaches not only the women overworking themselves but the men as well because I have seen both sides doing this. Recently had a run in with a guy at the gym I go to ask me why I seem to keep losing and he is working his butt off and staying the same. I told him why and he was in disbelief until I said '" yes it is that simple buddy, feed the muscle and let it eat the fat"
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,234 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the feedback guys and I sincerely hope that it reaches not only the women overworking themselves but the men as well because I have seen both sides doing this. Recently had a run in with a guy at the gym I go to ask me why I seem to keep losing and he is working his butt off and staying the same. I told him why and he was in disbelief until I said '" yes it is that simple buddy, feed the muscle and let it eat the fat"

I hope you told him about HIIT and Metabolic Resistance Training. Far more effective than many other ways of working out, although much more draining.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    I hope you told him about HIIT and Metabolic Resistance Training. Far more effective than many other ways of working out, although much more draining.
    yep indeed I did, he had commented that he saw me change my routine a week ago and was curious as to why, he had seen me doing HIIT on the treadmill and had tried to emulate that himself but was not sure what he was doing. So I gave him the info on HIIT and MRT and told him to check it out.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    bump
  • kari1740
    kari1740 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Go_Lise
    Go_Lise Posts: 151
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I really needed this today! BUMP
  • redbug04
    redbug04 Posts: 2
    Options
    just liked what you had to say. made a lot of sense
  • NewToFitness
    Options
    Amazing post. There were several things that didn't even know about! Thank you for writing this.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    *claps*
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Always enjoy your posts.
  • seadog1
    seadog1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Trying to get ticker to post, must be doing someting wrong, I started this program several times, last time on Oct 10 2010. I weighed 295.5, BP and Sugar was getting high. I am down to 225.5 right now, goal 180. Main differance this time went low carb, dialed down carbs to 35 percent of normal on custom feature. Am also useing tread mill one hour day, was going 3.5 MPH but moved it down to 3 MPH. Could walk at 3 MPH and read Kindle Books easier (you can change size of print) and calorie use only decreased from about 450 to 400. I am planning on doing this for life. Low carb diet seems to be reduceing my cravings for food plus am more relaxed.
  • Shelle68
    Shelle68 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Add to My topics!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing.