Replies

• daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Trying to get ticker to post, must be doing someting wrong, I started this program several times, last time on Oct 10 2010. I weighed 295.5, BP and Sugar was getting high. I am down to 225.5 right now, goal 180. Main differance this time went low carb, dialed down carbs to 35 percent of normal on custom feature. Am also useing tread mill one hour day, was going 3.5 MPH but moved it down to 3 MPH. Could walk at 3 MPH and read Kindle Books easier (you can change size of print) and calorie use only decreased from about 450 to 400. I am planning on doing this for life. Low carb diet seems to be reduceing my cravings for food plus am more relaxed.
    carbs are not the enemy however eating good carbs or slow carbs will probably work best for you, they are carbs that digest slowly and release their energy over a longer period of time. Legumes, lentils, veggies, fruits in moderation should all be good choices. Refined carbs are the problem with most diets as they digest to quickly causing a blood sugar spike and large insulin response triggering fat storage, the idea of the slow carbs is lower glycemic response, no huge blood sugar spike and therefore less goes to fat, you still need to fuel the body otherwise you are working against it and in turn if there is not a source of energy it will work against you. Now with that said if what you have been doing is working well for you then stick with it, Once you have stabilized then go from there. Everyone is different so sometimes the rules need to be tailored to the body. Different cultures will will digest foods differently as that is what their bodies have adapted over generations to eat.
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing- sometimes I need a reminder!
  • Time4me2003
    Options
    Love this post! Thank you!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    well done.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    to all who have read and posted good or bad thanks.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    i am seeing a lot of these types of posts again so bump and pls read it.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    bump
  • becka63
    becka63 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks for doing this - it's a great post! I have bookmarked it to look back at when I'm feeling unproductive in my weight loss!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
    Thanks so much, this is a great post!!
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    thx for the bumps.
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Very insightful!
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I agree totally!
  • PineappleMartini
    PineappleMartini Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow! What a great wakeup post! Thank you!
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks so much for the post. I also use the powered peanut butter, which is 2 tablespoons for 35 or 45 calories. It takes the same.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    bump up the list.
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Ok great post,I went and looked up Catabolic and Anabolic states ,wich I totaly get but it said its for gaining weight.So now I'm alittle confused.
  • Debx12345
    Debx12345 Posts: 210
    Options
    Bump