Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• zjohanna
    zjohanna Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm staring 30DS this week. I didn't know about the ripped in 30 video. Maybe that'll be next! Anyone know how to create an additional ticker to count the days as I go? I have a weight one but I want to add the shredder ticker too. Thanks!
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    i love this workout! i'm starting week 3 tonight!! the 2 mins of cardio in plank position (from week 2) was insane!!!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Wait until you get to week 2! Now that's an *kitten* kicking... doing straight planks for cardio for 2 minutes... that woman is crazy! but people have been noticing I look smaller!! I haven't lost any inches or any weight though... As for another question about her meal plan... I am KINDA following it. She gives you about 1400 calories per day which I am counting through here. I'm not really into cooking so I kinda do my own thing. Hope you are all having fun getting beaten up by Jillian! :)

what's the meal plan like?
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wait until you get to week 2! Now that's an *kitten* kicking... doing straight planks for cardio for 2 minutes... that woman is crazy! but people have been noticing I look smaller!! I haven't lost any inches or any weight though... As for another question about her meal plan... I am KINDA following it. She gives you about 1400 calories per day which I am counting through here. I'm not really into cooking so I kinda do my own thing. Hope you are all having fun getting beaten up by Jillian! :)

Here is her meal plan... http://www.jillianmichaels.com/rippedin30mealplan.aspx
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Finish Week 1 Day 2 tonight. I can totally feel my abs!! EVERY ONE of those muscles under all of my flab hurt. My legs are a little sore but feel strong - I also ran/walked 3 miles after Ripped so I'm sure I'll feel it more tomorrow.

I haven't looked at her meal plan but I upped my calories for 1400 because of the extra workouts. For today I planned 5 mini meals and 1 bigger meal (dinner). I stocked up on veggies, lean meat, and fruit. For instance, my morning snack was 100 cal pack of almonds and walnuts and an orange. Dinner was pan fried chicken made with olive oil and garlic with green beans, spinach salad and sweet potatoes. Super nummy and filling.
  • mnoellej
    mnoellej Posts: 3
    Options
    How does everyone track the calories for the 30 day shred video on here?
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I am currently on level 4 day 3....and oh my goodness, it is killer! Good luck to everyone!
  • amyannie
    Options
    When I looked it up I read somewhere that the 30DS was about 150 calories burned where as Ripped in 30 is about 250 calories burned.
    And keep up the great work! There's nothing quite like a Jillian Michaels burn. Day 4 of week 2 for me today.. wish me luck!
  • amyannie
    Options
    I am currently on level 4 day 3....and oh my goodness, it is killer! Good luck to everyone!

WOW! I'm happy you're still alive!!!! hahaha... what results have you seen since you probably are further than all the rest of us? Are you following her meal plan?
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

Yikes!! i just started level 3 yesterday & she definitely kicked it up a notch!! i'm scared to think what she'll have us doing in level 4!!
  • plc765
    Options

WOW! I'm happy you're still alive!!!! hahaha... what results have you seen since you probably are further than all the rest of us? Are you following her meal plan?

Hahaha! Yes, I am still alive, but week three is insane, and I think a bit tougher than week 4, IMO. Jillian moves way faster in week three, and starting week three and four, you see the Jillian that we all know from TV, the "loud and in your face" Jillian. I am dripping sweat when I am done with it, and I find myself saying throughout the workout "This lady is insane!" hahaha! I have only lost 2 lbs so far, but I dont weigh myself weekly b/c I hate the scale :grumble: , so I am basically looking at the toning and definition I am developing. I have noticed tons of toning, especially in the stomach and thigh region (which is where I need it the most!) I keep saying, I feel "lighter and tighter!" I am not going to do measurments until I am done with the DVD, but I am hoping there are lots of inches lost! I am following the meal plan somewhat....like I use the cocunut milk in my cereal, and I LOVE the Ezekiel bread! The popchips are really good too! I am debating on what to do after week 4 is over?? I am thinking of doing it again, but doubling up with a workout in the am, and another one in the pm when I get home from work....maybe from different levels? Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work!
  • CallMeMamaBoo
    Options
    Today is Day 5 of Level 2 for me.... and I am down another inch in the waist line. I don't plan on weighing myself for at least another week but I have to tell you all that on a whim I tried on smaller pants and was pretty successful. According to a trainer friend of mine I am down to about 22% body fat so I am actually nearing my own ideal weight (I build crazy amounts of muscle, the only good thing about my genetics, I guess). I don't expect to really lose big numbers on the scale right now but I do have a feeling that this DVD is going to result in at least another 5-8 lbs lost. The 30DS helped me through the first 20 lbs and I'm hoping this one will bring me to my goal. So far, Level 2 is kicking my butt while in plank position but I have found that I will be needing to use 8lb weights for the rest of my time on Level 2 as I need the challenge. I bought Jillian's hand weight set a few weeks ago and I am glad that I did. It makes it easy to quickly change weights if I need to challenge myself. I go back in forth between the 5's and 8's a lot.
  • plc765
    Options
    Today is Day 5 of Level 2 for me.... and I am down another inch in the waist line. I don't plan on weighing myself for at least another week but I have to tell you all that on a whim I tried on smaller pants and was pretty successful. According to a trainer friend of mine I am down to about 22% body fat so I am actually nearing my own ideal weight (I build crazy amounts of muscle, the only good thing about my genetics, I guess). I don't expect to really lose big numbers on the scale right now but I do have a feeling that this DVD is going to result in at least another 5-8 lbs lost. The 30DS helped me through the first 20 lbs and I'm hoping this one will bring me to my goal. So far, Level 2 is kicking my butt while in plank position but I have found that I will be needing to use 8lb weights for the rest of my time on Level 2 as I need the challenge. I bought Jillian's hand weight set a few weeks ago and I am glad that I did. It makes it easy to quickly change weights if I need to challenge myself. I go back in forth between the 5's and 8's a lot.

Great job so far! I was thinking of purchasing the JM weight set also. Though I want to lose another 13lbs, I have noticed as I am doing this dvd, I don't think I am too worried about the lbs anymore, but more so the toning and definition, which I think has always been my problem to begin with. I tend to carry all my weight in my booty and thighs, and I have noticed a significant change since doing this.

Also, I was wondering how all of you log this? I asked when I started, and the majority of people said Circuit training, and though that might be right, I feel like I am burning more than what MFP says I do. I did see a New Balance HRM/Calorie Counter at Target last week for like $20-30, but I didnt get it b/c I wasnt sure how accurate that would be, and I really dont have the funds to get a good exspensive one...though I would love to know how many calories I am really burning.
  • amyannie
    Options
    I always feel like I work out harder with Jillian than I do running for an hour at the gym!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my running day, so I will be doing Ripped again tonight. I am training for a half marathon in April, so I can't stop my running training. I am using Ripped on my alternate/cross training days. I am feeling it today...Ripped on Monday and then I did a hill workout yesterday, so my glutes and thighs are feeling "worked" now...will be a bit harder getting through Ripped tonight, already being a bit sore, but Iove feeling the burn and knowing that I have worked my body...as someone else said, "lighter and tighter"...I like that!! Hope everyone else is doing well...keep it up!!
  • nolachick
    Options
    When I looked it up I read somewhere that the 30DS was about 150 calories burned where as Ripped in 30 is about 250 calories burned.
    And keep up the great work! There's nothing quite like a Jillian Michaels burn. Day 4 of week 2 for me today.. wish me luck!

I used to burn about 200 cals with 30DS.

anyone been using a HRM to track calories burned? I use a polar f6
  • nolachick
    Options

Here is her meal plan... http://www.jillianmichaels.com/rippedin30mealplan.aspx

THIS LOOKS AWESOME! THNX SO MUCH! I haven't been able to look at it in detail but the meals look yummy and actually realistic!
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Did JM the second time tonight...felt good!!
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    i love this dvd! right now, i'm half way through week 3. i'm doing each level 5 days/wk. i'm also doing 20-30min of cardio 5 days/wk.

level 2's plank circuit killed me (in such a good way)! but by the end of the week i felt so much stronger doing it. week 3 it's the duck walks! ouch, ouch, ouch. i love the feeling of finally mastering one of her crazy moves though. it's so motivating!

as for results... i'm not trying to lose anymore weight, just tone. since starting, i've lost 1/4" off my high waist and 1" off my low waist. the low waist loss is huge for me, after 4 kids! =)

as for calorie burn... i use a polar ft4 and what i burn varies day to day, week to week. it depends on wether i run before or after doing the dvd...wether i use 5lb weights or 3s and 5s...what kind of day i'm having and how hard i'm able to push myself. but just for fun, here's what i've logged-

wk1:

wk2:

wk3:

(btw, i'm 5'8" 127)
    by looking at thenumbers, you'd think level 3 is easier than 1 and 2, but it's actually a lot more challenging. i'm guessing more time is spent on the floor, and that's what's throwing the calorie burn off a bit. i know i'm working hard because i'm shaking halfway through and sweating my butt off! edited to add: i just remembered, for some reason, the entire wk 3 workout is 31 min warm up to cool down, and wk 1 and 2 are both 34. so that's another reason for the lower numbers.

if you dont own a heart rate monitor, i'd just enter it as circuit training. when i plug it into mfp, it gives me 240 cal for 31 min and i'm averaging 230. for 34 min (wk 1 &2) mfp gives me 260 and i averaged 280. so, really close!
  • JBatt123
    JBatt123 Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi everyone. After reading all of your posts I am heading to Hastings to buy this DVD at noon. Really excited! Thanks for all the info.