Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• clohessy
    clohessy Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Just finished week three day 4. I agree the moves are killers this week ie. Duck Walks and Bear crawls ouch!! Can't even imagine what week 4 is like. Anyone on week 4?
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Just finished week three day 4. I agree the moves are killers this week ie. Duck Walks and Bear crawls ouch!! Can't even imagine what week 4 is like. Anyone on week 4?

yes, those duck walks are killer!!! i'm on level 3 day 4 too... i think i saw someone mention that level 4 is actually easier than level 3... i guess we shall see!!
  • jchapa83
    jchapa83 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will be done with Insanity next week and was thinking of starting 30 DS but now I'm reading about Ripped in 30 and I dunno which I should do? Any suggestions?
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    I will be done with Insanity next week and was thinking of starting 30 DS but now I'm reading about Ripped in 30 and I dunno which I should do? Any suggestions?

if i had to pick i'd say ripped in 30. bigger variety of moves and you get 4 levels instead of 3.
  • blondiegirl26
    Options
    I just started the Jillian Michaels video today, and am new to this site. I am trying to figure out how to post this workout on my personal exercises. Her workout includes both cardio and strength exercises. Have any good ideas?
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    i love this dvd! right now, i'm half way through week 3. i'm doing each level 5 days/wk. i'm also doing 20-30min of cardio 5 days/wk.

level 2's plank circuit killed me (in such a good way)! but by the end of the week i felt so much stronger doing it. week 3 it's the duck walks! ouch, ouch, ouch. i love the feeling of finally mastering one of her crazy moves though. it's so motivating!

as for results... i'm not trying to lose anymore weight, just tone. since starting, i've lost 1/4" off my high waist and 1" off my low waist. the low waist loss is huge for me, after 4 kids! =)

as for calorie burn... i use a polar ft4 and what i burn varies day to day, week to week. it depends on wether i run before or after doing the dvd...wether i use 5lb weights or 3s and 5s...what kind of day i'm having and how hard i'm able to push myself. but just for fun, here's what i've logged-

wk1:

wk2:

wk3:

(btw, i'm 5'8" 127)
    by looking at thenumbers, you'd think level 3 is easier than 1 and 2, but it's actually a lot more challenging. i'm guessing more time is spent on the floor, and that's what's throwing the calorie burn off a bit. i know i'm working hard because i'm shaking halfway through and sweating my butt off! edited to add: i just remembered, for some reason, the entire wk 3 workout is 31 min warm up to cool down, and wk 1 and 2 are both 34. so that's another reason for the lower numbers.

if you dont own a heart rate monitor, i'd just enter it as circuit training. when i plug it into mfp, it gives me 240 cal for 31 min and i'm averaging 230. for 34 min (wk 1 &2) mfp gives me 260 and i averaged 280. so, really close!

Thanks for this post. I have a heart rate monitor that can calculate my speed and time which I use when I run. I'm going to try to use it tonight when I do Ripped and see what it says.
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I just started the Jillian Michaels video today, and am new to this site. I am trying to figure out how to post this workout on my personal exercises. Her workout includes both cardio and strength exercises. Have any good ideas?

As suggested in another post as well, I log it as circuit training.
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options

yes, those duck walks are killer!!! i'm on level 3 day 4 too... i think i saw someone mention that level 4 is actually easier than level 3... i guess we shall see!!

Yes, I am on week 4, and it seems as though week 4 is "easier" than week 3, for lack of a better word. Those bear crawls are killer, but for some reason, I loved doing them! I think b/c I could feel it so much in my thighs, and thats where I need the most work!
  • amyannie
    amyannie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WOW great work everybody!... I am still hating level 2... gotta talk myself into doing it.. :/
  • suelynn62
    suelynn62 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I did week 2 day 1 yesterday. This dvd is no joke. I had to do some of the modified moves, but by the end of the week I hope I will be able to do the advanced moves.
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    Hi guys! I've been looking for a group of people doing this. I just finished week one today.I loved it! It kept me interested and I was excited to do it everyday! I start week two tomorrow, but I think I'm going to use Sunday as my rest day and do some yoga instead, I heard week two was tough. So I'm nervous but excited! I'm ready for a challenge. I check my measurements on Monday. Hopefully I've lost something! I'm not following the meal plan bc I'm breastfeeding, but I have used it for meal ideas
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I read all the reviews ya'll have posted and I cant wait to get mine in the mail. It was shipped yesterday so hopefully one day this week.. I already did the 30 day Shred along time ago and I workout to her and Shawn T which is Hip Hop Abs and do the Treadmill and P90X only the ab ripper which is CRAZY.. So ready for another challenge with Jillian. I lost 20 pounds with Jillian the first time keep it off and now this new dvd has me so excited I cant wait.. Thanks for all the information makes me even more motavated to do it. Im at my goal weight just 1 more pound so toning is what im focusing on the most weight isnt a issue anymore the toning is.. So thanks again and I will check back in when I start her INSANE workout. :)
  • amyannie
    Options
    wow great job! looks like everyone is seeing great results! as for me... i've been slacking a little bit on the workout scene.. did 40 minutes of running and attempted to do level 2 on friday but quickly gave up and didn't work out AT ALL yesterday. UGH. But today is a new day right? time to hit the gym then to dominate level 2! bring it on!
  • smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so excited now that I've read all these posts! I ordered this video through amazon a few days ago and I've never done one of her videos but I'm in pretty good shape so i think I'll be able to do it (At 5:30 in the morning?) I can't wait to get started now! I was planning on logging it as circuit training because when I did my Amazon search for circuit training videos, this video appeared.
  • amyannie
    Options
    Oh I'm so excited now that I've read all these posts! I ordered this video through amazon a few days ago and I've never done one of her videos but I'm in pretty good shape so i think I'll be able to do it (At 5:30 in the morning?) I can't wait to get started now! I was planning on logging it as circuit training because when I did my Amazon search for circuit training videos, this video appeared.

It's awesome! you're going to love it! definitely a workout and for just doing it in a half an hour you can feel it more than hours at the gym!
  • sam363
    sam363 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    End of Level 1 for this girl! Tomorrow starts Level 2! I'll post inches lost and weight tomorrow. :)
  • amyannie
    Options
    End of Level 1 for this girl! Tomorrow starts Level 2! I'll post inches lost and weight tomorrow. :)

I actually don't hate level 2... takes some getting used to but it's not terrible I am on day 4 of level 2.. now level 3 is what i'm scared of! Good luck on the weight! anxious to see!
  • Sden1231
    Sden1231 Posts: 61
    Options
    Today was day one of week two. Omg what a killer. I didn't think I would make it through the plank cardio. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have it down. This one is tough!!!
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I just purchased the DVD to add to my collection (I have all of her other ones and love them all except for Shred It With Weights - meh), and can't wait to get cracking at this! So thank you everyone for posting such motivating, honest information. Keep up the great work!!
  • hikingchick
    Options
    oh sooo glad to hear positive things about the 30DS!! i'm new to MFP & just started 30DS today! i recorded my weight, measurements & took "before" pics. my arms were already burning before i ever finished & my legs were trying to cramped up but i can't going. i'm looking forward to taking measurements again in 30 days. thanks for the motivation ppl! :smile: