What foods have you given up to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything. I just cut back on the sugar a bit.
  • JG762
    JG762 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I won't say that I've given it up but I rarely have any Chinese food, I used to get carry out at least twice a week.
    I miss it but not terribly, if I really want it I'll have some but I choose not to.
  • theotherblackguy
    Options
    Chicken nuggets, pick & mix sweets, cake stuff such as muffins & cupcakes, pastry, jam, yoghurts (like the cadbury, rolo, mini-eggs ones), streaky bacon, cheeses, take-aways, cheesecake type desserts, icecream, hot dogs, fried eggs, haven't used oil to cook with since I started. (actually dry cooking chicken on a skillet works really well)

My biggest miss is chips, I used to eat them a few times a week, haven't touched any of this stuff since I started, basically anything with high fat & sugar for 50 days now.

I do have a low-fat burger though, the entire burger/bun/relish is up to about 500 calories, so it really good & tastes great.
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've "given up" is excess and laziness.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    None. You don't have to give up to lose.
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Absolutely nothing. I indulge in certain things in moderation. I did cut back on soda a great deal though, from 2 a day to about 2 a month.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yes; I had a food scale, when in high school. That was the 1960s and I no longer have it. No $ to get another; but yes indeed, a food scale is a valuable diet ally!
  • hj1119
    hj1119 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I steer clear of all foods, while dieting, that I cannot determine the caloric value of. A McDonalds side salad is 20 calories. But I won't order a non-pre-packaged, non-portion-controlled salad in a restaurant; to estimate the calories would be chancy. I do not like to estimate. While dieting, I primarily consume food that lists the calories on the package. Occasionally, I will eat a piece of fruit, but I will probably call a small apple medium, to be safe.

The funniest thing about this post IMO is that the poster prefers to limit salad and apples while dieting, but goes to McDonalds.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Just wondering which foods peeps have given up to loose weight? Do you think giving them up has helped you loose weight or just made you crave 'naughty' foods even more? :smile: :heart:

I think it is very difficult to focus on the negative (that is giving up a specific food) for any length of time. That is why I prefer to focus on the positive of "properly feeding and exercising my body for health and reduction of body fat". Since I am always focusing on what will make me healthier and eating that, I don't have room for less nourishing fare. I know that I could have it if I wanted it--but I simply don't want it. :-) It's all in the way you think about it.
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Ive given up English to loose weight.

why is this word so hard for people!? pet peeve :noway: :mad:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options

You can determine the caloric value of any food by using a food scale.

So you carry your food scale around in your purse, for when you go out to restaurants?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    Yes; I had a food scale, when in high school. That was the 1960s and I no longer have it. No $ to get another; but yes indeed, a food scale is a valuable diet ally!

Digital food scales are less than $20 a piece on Amazon.
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Ive given up English to loose weight.

No sabes como preguntar por comidas?
  • glamatron1
    glamatron1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Regularly eating delicious cheese.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    1) If I were to purchase a food scale, I would literally not be able to buy food to weigh on it. I am THAT poor, trust me!
    2) I am a strict vegan. The side salad is the only McDonalds food I eat, whether dieting or not dieting.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

You can determine the caloric value of any food by using a food scale.

So you carry your food scale around in your purse, for when you go out to restaurants?

I very rarely eat at restaurants so I don't run into that issue often.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    A little bit of everything. :)
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I have not given up on anything.

I sure insure that my calories intake remains lower that the calories I burn
  • kenthepainter
    kenthepainter Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    None