What foods have you given up to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Potato chips....oh I do miss you chips. I was one who can pass on chocolates and sweets but LOVE my salty snacks and they were my favorite...maybe someday we can be together again (in moderation) but currently you are too tempting to only have a taste. :sad:
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Potato chips....oh I do miss you chips. I was one who can pass on chocolates and sweets but LOVE my salty snacks and they were my favorite...maybe someday we can be together again (in moderation) but currently you are too tempting to only have a taste. :sad:

My husband had this problem... only saltine crackers. He switched to pretzels. They satisfy the salt craving but he tends not to eat as many.
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up. I am less likely to pick up fast food, and if I do, I order fewer items than I used to. I rarely buy desserts at the cafeteria at work anymore because I don't know how many calories they have (other items there at least have a good estimate).

One thing that I have really noticed is cheese. I love it and used to eat a lot! I still have it sometimes but it is just so hard to fit into my calorie goal. So I definitely eat a lot less of it than before, and in smaller portions. And I do love that laughing cow stuff :)
  • qtpiesmom
    qtpiesmom Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Fast food as in mcdonalds, burger king, dairy queen, a&w, etc

For me nothing else is off limits.

Im so glad to hear you say this, Your one of my inspirations! YOU LOOK AMAZING!
  • namrettik
    namrettik Posts: 127
    Options
    I gave up pop. I'll have a sip of my boyfriend's pop every now and then, but overall I don't miss it. It actually just tastes way too sweet and syrupy now.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    FLAMIN HOT CHEETOS WE HAD A LIFE LONG MARRIAGE THAT HAD TO END
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Me personally, I've given up KFC - McDonalds and other take out places. For me I was spending around £150 a month on junk food. I can't remember the last time I had KFC or McDonalds, well over a year ago now. I don't miss it at all.

Holy moly... We just got back from Greece and the euro was not kind to us... Can't imagine spending that on fast food a month! Ack! LOL
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Nothing :smile: I've been doing this a while, and depriving myself doesn't do any good. I just fit it in when I want something.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    We really havent given up anything. We gave up gluten but more for health then weight. My wife has MS and I'm gluten sensitive and just doing that I lost 11 lbs without trying. The beauty of MFP is you don't have to give up anything just stay within the range. It makes more sense to eat healthier and I can eat way more food for the calories then I did before. I've given up my portions more than anything. I honestly never knew what it felt like not to be full, now I really like that light feeling your body gets and the smaller meals seem to give me energy compared to the giant ones that made me want to hibernate.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    NONE
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Not so much particular foods....But the huge portions I used to eat. Now I feel satisfied and not stuffed because I over ate...
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I gave up practically everything I liked. Few years ago it would be unthinkable to me to give up Big Mac, pizza or Chinese food, but this time I did it.

Last year I developed very strong motivation that helped me implement drastic changes in my eating habits. As far as food was concerned, I was determined to do anything humanly possible to lose weight.

Now, most of the days I eat fresh fruits (apples, blackberries, and blueberries), vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, green and red pepper, cucumbers, carrots, spinach), whole grain bread, turkey breast 99% fat free, grilled skinless chicken breasts and fish.

I lost 46 pounds fast and I would say it happened painlessly. My approach to weight loss is working for me.

My only concern is noticeable muscle loss.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've given up binging.

Honestly, I don't understand how I have been able to stop eating a family block of Cadbury chocolate but still enjoy a single Dove (40 cals), but I seem to have found the will power somewhere, so I'm making the most of it.

I've also given up beating myself up for making bad choices one day. No, I really didn't need those cookies and peanut butter the other night, but I also don't need to give up my healthy changes because of one stupid decision.
  • littlemili
    littlemili Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Regular bread (I still eat pitta and wraps) and white pasta. I have also made certain local restaurants off-limits. Mostly noodle places which I know have at least 2000 calories per serving.
    Mostly though I have just increased a few specific foods like spinach, lettuce, mushroom, tomato etc so that they take up more of my plate than other higher calorie foods.
  • LolasEpicJourney
    LolasEpicJourney Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Chocolate :(
  • makeachange22
    Options
    chips .. chips... chips .. that was my go to food when i was angry sad or just happy. i could eat bags of chips left and right . haha , it was my weakness . and wendy's , we use to buy that a lot when we were rushing out the door or had no time between my practices and work. LARGE AMOUNTS of peanut butter per say , sugar ... oh and BREAD . i'd have peanut butter sandwhiches every day . so basically A LOT of stuff. i was just a reallllly healthy person somehow but i just ate way to much and of the bad stuff
  • LoveMyTwins
    Options
    Giving up FRIED food can really affect your diet. Not only because you avoid things like fries, chicken strips, etc. but you also end up making healthier choices - like baked tortilla chips, because others are fried. Or grilled chicken breast because stips, nuggets, crispy sandwiches are all fried. This had a huge impact on my weight loss.
  • Pat_Johnson
    Pat_Johnson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bread it's evil
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    fruit juice it was all i drank b4 i started my weight loss
  • keegrsmom
    keegrsmom Posts: 27
    Options
    I personally haven't given up anything. To me it's more about portion control and good choices. I very rarely (almost never) eat fried foods. Minimize carbs. Cut way back on sodas and wine/beer. I drink lots of water and tea. I think the key to success is committing to something you will stick with forever and not just until you reach your goal weight.