What foods have you given up to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have given up wheat too (blinking allergy) i always miss white toast with butter and marmite

I made cheese scones last weekend, had one, and spent the rest of the afternoon feeling sluggish and trying not to throw up.
  • AmandaR910
    AmandaR910 Posts: 991
    Options
    Cheese and candy.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    people .....it turns out they are pretty high calorie and i think i heard its illegal to eat them....lol :tongue:

really just soda
  • heyitsmekatie
    heyitsmekatie Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    i have given up nothing... just the frequency in which i eat certain foods. smaller portions too!
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I was tested for food allergies and found I have a lot of them. I've given up all of my allergens, and it has helped me to lose weight very quickly. I don't know that giving up the things I've given up would necessarily help anyone else, though! However, if you think you might have food allergies or sensitivities (which can cause inflammation in your body, which can make you hold on to weight), it might be worth getting tested and giving your allergens up. :)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    bread, pasta and anything breaded are now limited foods for me.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I gave up all legumes, processed foods,GRAINS and everything made of it. I follow the Primal Paleo diet. ( animal proteins, whole fresh veggies, nuts and 1 fruit per day (grapefruit)
  • slapshotgolf
    slapshotgolf Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've given up juices. Used to drink at least 1 litre a day. I "eat" my juices now - instead of a glass of orange juice, I'll eat an orange - more filling, and you get the nutrients you need. Otherwise, I haven't cut much out cold turkey - I've controlled my portions, and have certain "treat" foods like pizza much less often. I can eat anything, provided it fits into my calorie count for the day. Great question! SSG
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up any foods, but I've given up a lot of habits. Like mindlessly eating crackers or chips or pretzels from the bag. Now I'll count out a serving and just eat that.

I've also added a lot of good food. Loads more veggies, fruit and fish, and a lot less stuff like Hot Pockets. I haven't had a candy bar in over a month, but I don't really miss them. Fiber One or Fiber Plus bars are just as tasty, and a lot better for me.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Just wondering which foods peeps have given up to loose weight? Do you think giving them up has helped you loose weight or just made you crave 'naughty' foods even more? :smile: :heart:

I haven't given up anything. I just learned to eat them in moderation. I love my pizza, burgers, ice cream. I will never give them up!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Fast food as in mcdonalds, burger king, dairy queen, a&w, etc

For me nothing else is off limits.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    None. Portion control and moderation in all things.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I rarely eat Cheddar anymore though, because I tend to have a whole block with a meal :laugh:
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    diet pepsi and french fries! =) no regret at all!!!
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have some health issues that I needed to give up foods for and consequently lost weight. I became a vegan, and I stopped drinking the little bit of alcohol I did have, I also drink more water now because I used ot drink lots of tea with honey. :smile:
  • lalilalu
    lalilalu Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I've stopped buying any food from cafes, restaurants, market stalls, bakeries etc etc. I basically am only eating food that I prepare myself. I haven't eaten McD style fast food for about 10 years, but I used to eat out at least a couple of times on every weekend, and buy snacks, icecreams etc while we were out doing things. So now I pack my own snacks, and say no to everything else. I just can't afford all the extra calories that high fat/sugar restaurant foods require....

The other thing I've had to stop, is accepting all the delicious snack foods that my husband brings home. He often comes home with icecream, biscuits, chips, deep fried pork balls, prawn crackers, roast duck - the list goes on - I just have to excerise extreme self restraint and not have any. Coz for me one is never enough, and just like Pringles - once you pop you can't stop....
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i should probably make it a rule to never eat pizza, it always makes me feel a bit ill after and theres about a million cals in it!!

I dont drink alcohol. i was never a big fan tbh, and i dont dont think its worth the empty cals.

for 2 years i didnt eat chocolate, now i have it (although currently its off for lent)

oh the biggest thing was pepsi. i used to drink loads of it back in the day....now i drink cokezero, i know carbonated drinks are bad blah blah, but theres one calorie in it....and i like it
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything.... but i rarely eat mexican.. doritos.. cheesecake... or cake in general.
    I guess if i really look at it.. I gave up meat and soda.
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots and lots of food!

Mostly processed crap, junk, fast food.

I don't miss it if I don't have it.

I really enjoy the way I eat now and I'm going for the double whammy of losing fat and gaining better health.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I think a big thing is to give up the habit of eating while watching TV. This seems to have had the side effect that I very rarely watch TV these days.