What foods have you given up to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    I have given up Soda! Now I do on occasion have a diet drink, but rarely =) Everything else I just take in moderation!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I eat everything but I have given up sugar in my tea, such a small thing but 4 teaspoons of sugar really add up everyday.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Soda / anything with high fructose corn syrup, McDonalds, potatoes and white / bleached flour. Don't miss them much, especially not the first 2 and its all been worth it. Those are things I never intend to consume again. Moderation does not work for me for those items so I am fine giving them up totally.
  • spicegeek
    spicegeek Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    nothing really I just cut back or changed slightly - I`m having burger and fries for dinner - the burger I made myself from 97% fat free beef , one slice of non fat cheese - no bun - and a serving ok baked sweet potato fries - around 300 cals total
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    CHINESE!!!! (at least the high caloric dishes)
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Pizza, my lifelong love.

I'm right there with you, I met my wife years back at a pizza place we worked at and I received a free pizza every day I worked there, 3 years and I think I eat one (small) every day too :)
  • marcfromkc
    Options
    Sodas used to drink 6 cans a day or more! also sugars all of them and my donuts i don't miss any of them.
    i like the way i look now more than the sugary foods i used to eat :)
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    Other than fast food...Nothing. I eat everything else in moderation. I reduced how much specialty coffee I was drinking, alcohol, and how often we eat out at restaurants as well. We still have pizza, and other types of take out but I refuse to eat at a drive through fast food place!
    For me it's a life style change not a diet, so I have to learn to incorporate the things I love into my life in a healthy way!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Wheat. It's the only way I can really see a difference as wheat really doesn't do me any good. It makes me feel bloated and sick. Even my fingers swell up when I eat it.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Soda, all kinds of fast food, vast quantities of meat, potatoes and breads, bagels, donuts, cookies... and I no longer miss any of it. Any time I've had them in the past few months it's kind of disappointing and I end up thinking it really wasn't worth all the calories, saturated fat, sodium, etc. I'm ruined, lol.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I have significantly reduced my sodium intake and yes, I do think it's helped me lose weight. I do crave it occasionally but for the most part I'm able to stay under the MFP limit.
  • Sepa
    Sepa Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have given up wheat too (blinking allergy) i always miss white toast with butter and marmite
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've given up nothing... I just dont eat it every day or even every week. I allow a splurge once in a while or just a small portion otherwise I would go insane.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I haven't given it up, but I rarely eat Chinese food anymore. It is just too hard to calculate the calories.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Fast food...like Taco Bell, Burger King and McDonald's. Every thing else is moderation. I do eat more veggies, fruits, yogurts and salads. I tend to make more from "scratch". It's been more about changing how I eat and why I eat.
  • seeingthelight4444
    Options
    Chinese, butter, and bacon.
  • cakedva
    cakedva Posts: 36
    Options
    I gave up my sugar and creamer with coffee in it (yes u read it right LOL). All soda. I avoid putting sugar in anything, I substitute with honey or. Naturally sweet fruits like blueberries and raisins. It feels good . I was suffering from headaches mood swings just too much. The healthy life is the way to be.
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I actually gave up colby jack cheese. I miss it but I can't just have one little cube and call it good. I'm SO glad I found laughing cow though. I get my cheese fix with out a ton of calories/sodium. :D
  • mclahey
    mclahey Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!!
  • LiveLife73
    Options
    Wing Stop, Mcdonald's Frappes, Regular beer,sodas, the list goes on and on... now i eat more healthy and have certain things in moderation..... it works for me......