What foods have you given up to loose weight?

Options

Replies

• Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I gave up cokes and white chocolate mocha's from Starbucks. I now drink water and skinny vanilla lattes when I do go by Starbucks. Everything else I use portion control. If not, I would binge big time.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    So I have pretty much given up sweats in any form, soda, artifical sweatners, all drinks except water, coffee, tea and milk. I never was big into fast food, but that is gone, fried food is gone, just junk in general. Once in a while I will splurge on chips or a drink, but I can't seem to handle myself around sweats or artifical sweatners, I had some sugar free jello the otherday and I had sugar cravings for days.....so not worth it!
  • halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    french fries and milk shakes...my favorite combo. No longer in my life.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I gave up all processed sugars and the majority of carbs.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I've turned over a new leaf. I gave up sugar, white flour, all junk food, and most processed stuff. No fast food,either, no sodas of any kind or alcohol. I feel SO MUCH more stable especially without sugar and white flour. I have no cravings at all! Desires? Yes! Cravings?No! Of all things, Peanut butter is my "crack"! I tried to just have a little bit, but can easily end up eating 1/2 - 1 cup at a sitting, just spoon, by spoon.....ahhhhh.
  • BCXMC
    BCXMC Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    MY ITALIAN FOOD & CAJUN PASTAS!!! WING STOP!!! CARRABBA'S!!! BABINS!!! I'm really going to have to fit one of these back in my diet!!! Ohh yea my love for CHOCOLATE :(
  • katikati
    katikati Posts: 35
    Options
    Well I have given up alcohol and have lost weight for the first time. So it has been worth it!!:drinker:
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Potatoes, diet coke (eventhough it doesnt have cals, i still gave it up), cream in my coffee, BEEF!

Well, I really didnt give up beef totally. I will eat a lean steak like a filet or a sirloin, but i gave up ground beef. now cheeseburgers are my fave food (which is probably how i got here in the first place) and i couldnt give them up, so i started making them with buffalo/bison. it has much less fat and calories and tastes amazing!!

Potatoes was the most significant thing i gave up though. oh and candy :sad:
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Okay well, since this is my first day I can't say if the results have been worth it yet, lol, but I'm giving up fast food. Anything with a clown, burger, or chicken for a spokesperson is a no-no.
  • gailygail99
    gailygail99 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Okay well, since this is my first day I can't say if the results have been worth it yet, lol, but I'm giving up fast food. Anything with a clown, burger, or chicken for a spokesperson is a no-no.

haha! thats funny. :laugh: good for you! it will help for sure!
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Chips and junk food. I can't remember the last time I dipped a crunchy chip into a jumbo bowl of dip. And I never used to just scrape, I used to gouge a hole into that dip. Easy TBSP of dip sandwiched between two chips. OMG. Sounds gross/good now. Yikes.
  • LukeEalden
    Options
    This could take a while!

Bread, fizzy drinks, chocolate, fast food, fried food, there are probably others but they're the main ones. Oh, and alcohol, which instead of 2-3 times a week, I have once every 2-3 weeks.

I guess the key is if you really want a treat, go and work out so damn hard that you 'earn' it. If I want to go out drinking, I go do a 90 minute cardio session earlier in the day.
  • bigjean
    bigjean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1- ice cream
    2- vender machine everything
    3- reg soda
    4-fast food
    5-the bakery oh them wonderful cheeze cakes lolol
  • bigjean
    bigjean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    1- ice cream
    2- vender machine everything
    3- reg soda
    4-fast food
    5-the bakery oh them wonderful cheeze cakes lolol
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I quit soda. It was partially weight loss motivated, but mostly diabetes related when I did. Now has been 1 year and 4 months since I quit. Don't even miss or crave it one bit.
  • shannonpatton
    shannonpatton Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've given up my ABSOLUTE favorite thing soda!! Also, all fried foods and sweets!
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am in the process of cutting out most processed foods and going more organic. And if its processed its organic. No artificial sugar. I use honey or maple syrup to sweeten things. More fresh meat/fruits/veggies. My goal is to only eat out 2 x a month if that. I have a 3 yr old and hes kind of resisting the changes but in the end he will be good for it.
  • mummum2
    mummum2 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I haven't given up anything food! I now watch portions, but to be totally honest, never was a chocolate, biscuits, cakes, crisp, fast food lover. Not saying never ate them, but generally satisfied with one if that! my bacardi and coke has taken a knock on the head, cut out coke completely, replaced with ginger ale, but limited to maybe once or twice a month.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Alcohol! I know i can have it in moderation but it causes me to eat too much so I decided to just not have it all unless for a special occasion.
  • msbailey2009
    Options
    Coke, ranch dressing, potatoes... Those are the things I can't seem to do in moderation and need to stop completely. Everything else, I just eat less of.