12 Wks Till Summer Challenge - 11 Wks To Go!

Options

Replies

• lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    RANDOM QUESTION OF THE DAY (NIGHT): How tall are you?

I'm always interested to know how tall someone is because weight is distributed so differently based on your height. Just curious to know how tall everyone is. Maybe you'll find a friend that has a similar height with similar goals. ;)

I see that "jentoomey1" and I have very similar goals. :wink:

I'm a whopping 5'2 and my goal weight would be 125 lbs. (Ok, in a dream world 110-115, but I'd be super happy with 125.)

I'm 5'2" also, but I'm trying to get to 140lbs. I'm currently 183 lbs. The smallest I think I've ever been was 150 and that was when I was playing competitive volleyball in high school and working at a summer camp on the beach where I ran on the sand everyday. My weight is mostly carried in my thighs and hips but I also have a large percentage of muscle. Once I reach my goal weight, I'll see what else is possible. I'm mainly concerned with getting in shape and toned. Weight is secondary.
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    Hi I know I'm a little late but I want to join!!! I need fitness pal friends :) please add me and motivate me!!! I'll make sure to do the same :)

Current weight 141
    Goal Weight by 6/9 - 118 - 122 lbs. -fluctuate with water weight
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    well done to all the losers :) great effort!
    I am hoping so much I will have something to report on Monday - nothing lost for 3 weeks now :( (only inches) really hope I have something on sunday !!
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    ok all this talk of windows n stuff is confusing me and all thjese dates so can i just confirm how we do this
    we weigh in on these dates, we tell u what we where and what we are on the below dates if u cant weigh in on aThursday you can do it between Thursday and Sunday, you post a chart of the prev weeks progress on Mondays and weigh in again on Thursday failing that we have till Sunday to weigh in
    17/3:
    24/3:
    31/3:
    7/4:
    14/4:
    21/4:
    28/4:
    5/5:
    12/5:
    19/5
    25/5
    2/6:
    9/6:
    and there will be a new thread every week so it doesnt get get too long winded?
    and being on 1st name basis? (if we want)

am i getting this?
    (i get confused easily haha)
    thanx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I would love to join if still possible!

Current weight: 268.1

Goal weight 6/9: 246

I'm 5'7" :)
  • newmeat30
    newmeat30 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    ok all this talk of windows n stuff is confusing me and all thjese dates so can i just confirm how we do this
    we weigh in on these dates, we tell u what we where and what we are on the below dates if u cant weigh in on aThursday you can do it between Thursday and Sunday, you post a chart of the prev weeks progress on Mondays and weigh in again on Thursday failing that we have till Sunday to weigh in
    17/3:
    24/3:
    31/3:
    7/4:
    14/4:
    21/4:
    28/4:
    5/5:
    12/5:
    19/5
    25/5
    2/6:
    9/6:
    and there will be a new thread every week so it doesnt get get too long winded?
    and being on 1st name basis? (if we want)

am i getting this?
    (i get confused easily haha)
    thanx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are EXACTLY right!
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    thanx lol :D nice to have it clarified haha
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I had my first child at 16 the second one 13 months later. I did not give myself time to lose between kids. I stayed fit until after I had my second baby. Then we moved out into the country with no car or family I turned to food. Then 5 years later had another one. That is where I gained most of it and have been doing the yoyo dieting since would lose it then gain it and more back. I am done with the yoyo I am cutting the string and making it happen.

Btw my mini goal is 40 down puts me at 240 at the end of this 11 week challenge
  • Melly1606
    Melly1606 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking your time to make this wonderful chart!! It is amazing! This week I am going for a 1 pound weight loss by Monday!!!
  • Jenyfur1
    Jenyfur1 Posts: 361
    Options
    RANDOM QUESTION OF THE DAY (NIGHT): How tall are you?

I'm always interested to know how tall someone is because weight is distributed so differently based on your height. Just curious to know how tall everyone is. Maybe you'll find a friend that has a similar height with similar goals. ;)

I see that "jentoomey1" and I have very similar goals. :wink:

I'm a whopping 5'2 and my goal weight would be 125 lbs. (Ok, in a dream world 110-115, but I'd be super happy with 125.)

This morning's weight was 158... :(

So I am 5'2" also. I should shoot for 125, but the last time that I weighed that, I looked too sunken in... My goal is 137... Short People unite!!! :)
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    Random Question of the Day: What caused you to gain weight?
    too little moving, eating too much crap. and waaaay too much coffee with cream & sugar
  • madamelaporte
    madamelaporte Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft6 and I am trying to lose the remainder of my pregnancy/baby weight! Once I had my son I never really got back down to where I wanted to be then had my daughter (9 months now) so just trying to lose the last 12lbs to get to where I want to be :) it will be my smallest Ive been in my adult life if I achieve it :) I was 132lbs at my wedding 4.5 years ago and want to lose 6lbs more than that :)
  • jinglett
    jinglett Posts: 69
    Options
    Not sure this is where I need to join the challenge but my current weight is 197 pounds and I would like to weigh 180 pounds by the end of the challenge. I am 5'5".
  • Sanya77
    Sanya77 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 3 in (short :smile: ). My current weight is 149 and by the end of this challenge dedinitely want to see myself close to 135 .
  • chloemarie22
    Options
    i'm 6 ft 2 in... crazy right? apparently my ideal body weight is 170 lb, which is my goal weight. i've got 10 lb to go but i am definitely struggling to stay within my calorie limit... but i love to exercise so that isn't a problem at all! what helps you guys cut back on calories? thanks and good luck to everyone!
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options

I had actually gotten out of treatment for anorexia a couple years ago, and like many anorexics, after recovery, I felt an intense urge to binge on everything I had missed out on. So I did! That caused me to gain about 30 pounds. I had started exercising regularly again after that, during which I lost a little bit of weight, but then I was in a musical, and I started school shortly thereafter, causing me to gain another 15 pounds. So, here I am, trying to lose weight again, but this time, in a healthy way!
  • bacanbit
    bacanbit Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well, prior to our first child I was at about 130, got pregnant and went to a whoppiing 200! I'm diabetic (type 1, so I'm not sure how much I can blame on that). I got down to about 160 and then was prenant with our 2nd. Now keep in mind the first was born in November and our second was born that following December, I was pregnant for 2 years straight pretty much. LOL I got up to about 200 again. I dropped to about 175 and then have slowly been creeping up to where I am now...208 as of 3/17/11. The boys are 9 and 10 now...I think it's been long enough and am ready to drop as much weight as possible!

Cherie
  • mjtmorr
    mjtmorr Posts: 75
    Options

Thats easy, Depression and Self Pity, It was easier to sit around and eat junk than to start over again, I was with my first wife over 13 years with whom I have two AMAZING daughters (Erin19 & Kelly15) when that fell apart I stayed single for 10 years then made what would turn out to be one of the biggest mistakes of my life and married a woman (Dec 08) I knew for less than 3 months (I should have seen the "red flags", I was her 7th husband) after just under 1 year she was gone (Dec 09 it was over) and now she expects me to support her so we are going through a very ugly divorce.
    So I just ate and ate junk and fast food, but nothing or no one is going to keep me down and with the help of this site and some true friends I am on my way back!!
  • rachael1221
    Options
    I know I am really late on this but I would like to join this challenge. I have never done a challenge before and I am excited about getting started. I need serious motivation, chasing 3 kiddos while hubby works late crazy hours coaching is wearing me out!! I look forward to getting the results!!

CW: 165
    GW: by the end of the challenge 150
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Spell Check Your Text or Website Right Now!
    Free Online Spell Checker. Fast and Accurate Results. No Software Required.
    OrSpell Check Your Text
    Language: English (change)

How tall are you?
    I am 5'2--I sort my weight all over, but mainly my stomach--I have an uncanny ability to look like a cute lil' pregnant lady if I push it out ;) I am 149 lbs--my goal is to get back to my first year of college weight: 132. Ultimately I would like to be my high school weight--115ish--but we'll see when I get to 132 how I feel.

What led to my weight gain?
    I was a competitive swimmer my entire life. From ages 5-14 I swam 15-20 hours a week. From ages 14-17 I swam 40-50 hours a week and played water polo 4 months of the year. At 17 I developed a crazy allergy to chlorine and had to stop swimming. I went in to a pretty bad place with depression (due to inactivity and loss of a passion, mainly) and gained about 20 lbs in one year.

When I moved to Oregon from Chicago I lived in the dorms and gained 15 more lbs due to the lack of kitchen in the room. As a part-time job for the next 4 years I start worked in kitchens and bars. IPAs and inconsistent portions became a regular with co-workers and housemates. I gained 10 more pounds. When I met my first serious boyfriend I was really active, happy and health conscious. I dropped 15 lbs without trying and after our 2 year relationship ended my bestfriends were IPA, Stout and Lager. For an entire summer I drank and ate like crap--riding my bike only to friends houses, bars and the river. Silly...I know.

In 7 years I went from 115 to 165. Then I moved out of my small college town and up to Portland where I started training for my first TRI--I lost 10 lbs without realizing it and now I am here to kick the last 20s butt. Lucky for me pools have switched chlorine formulas and I'm back in the water *at least* 3 times a week.

Excited for tomorrow's weigh-in....good luck everyone!!

p.s. I don't have spell-check on this browser and am the world's worst speller...don't judge :blushing: