Lots2Lose & over 40 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue and/or anyone,
    What is peri-menopause and how does it not help weight loss? I am talking to my doctor about this today but I would like your insights on this also. Thanks in advance.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I've finally got here feeling much better today. I have so much to catch up on I haven't been able to read or reply to everybody but I do read everything that is posted in my news feed or on my profile. Well done everyone who has lost weight, and well done everyone else for still trying. You are all a great bunch and I am proud of each and every one of you. :flowerforyou:

Glad you are feeling better Sara!:flowerforyou:
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    [
    No you are not the only one. When I settle doen at night to truely look over the tread I open a word document and keep notes then copy and paste when I am done. I am such a geek :tongue:

I totally do a word doc too!!! How funny is that!
  • MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Thursday Triumph - I guess today's triumph is that I did not allow the lack of progress on the scale this week keep me from doing all the things I need to in order to continue my journey to a healthier life. In fact, I drank more water yesterday and ate fewer calories than I have in the past few weeks. Hopefully it will show on the scale next week but if not, I am still improving my health which means I am achieving my ultimate goal :bigsmile:

Cathy, congratulations on losing out of your clothes!!! That is a super NSV! I hope to be there soon. When I started my journey in November, all of my clothes were so snug - in fact my pants were so tight in the waist that I had to unbutton and unzip them a bit when I sat down at my desk or else end up with "dig in" marks that were very red and painful. I am happy to report that I have to pull them up when I walk down the hall now and I can pull them up and down without unbuttoning or unzipping them, but still not quite out of them. Plus, my older pants are a couple sizes smaller, so I need to keep wearing these a while longer until the older ones fit again. Still, I absolutely understand what you mean about being more confident and moving easier. I still have a long way to go, but I can definitely feel the difference of those lost 45# in the way I can go up and down the hall without getting winded. We are doing it!!! :wink:

Shelly, good luck with the phone interview. Sounds like a great opportunity!!! I know you will blow them away! And thanks for the reminder that this is a lifestyle change forever and not a short-term quick fix. Always good to have that reinforced!

Jackie, congrats on no longer having the back pain! :bigsmile:

Sue, great job on losing 1.5#s. Hopefully you will get the energy back to hit the exercise soon! :happy:

L, you are doing fantastic in your journey! A few crackers will not derail you and I bet you burn it up at the gym today! :flowerforyou: Sorry to hear no improvement with your friend's condition.

Linda, you are doing great! A tiny 1/2# gain is nothing, especially with having been off with your son on break all week. No worries - you got this! :flowerforyou:

Cassie, congrats again on the 3# loss. Bet you are loving that new scale! :wink:

Joanna, hope you have a wonderful day back at work. Yuck to having to work on Saturday :frown:

Amy, 1.2# lost? Congrats on your triumph!!! :bigsmile:

Katz, you are blowing me away with your cleaning efforts. Awesome!!! :flowerforyou:

Sara, glad you are feeling better dear! :flowerforyou:

Mollie, thanks for keeping track of our progress! You totally rock! And best of luck with the dr. appt! :flowerforyou:

Jolene, are you still visiting with the new grandson? how is your canine baby doing? :flowerforyou:

Hugs and loser vibes to all!!! Catch you later!

MJ
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    PLEASE READ :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Whooooohoooo!!!

Thanks L for excellent instructions!!:wink: We are on for the weight loss chart peeps!! I just wanted to give you guys a preview. I thought this was the hardest part but it is not. Now I have to figure up my formulas but even if I don't for the few who will be on the chart I am ready to go without formulas.

I just got so excited!:bigsmile: I love learning new techie things, can you tell?:laugh:

I have Charmaine and Karen not interested. I thought there was another person but not sure. I forgot to delete Charmaine but you are deleted already Charmaine so don't worry dear.

If you do not want to be on chart please email me so I can remove your name by next Tuesday week for the 1st weigh in.

BTW - L, I think you are right, I don't have the software at home. I have it at work. But now that I did it at work I will see if I can repeat at home tonight or over the weekend. I may see if I can do this again because I fumbled through it this 1st time.

Weightlosschart.jpg
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Wed Weigh in - i had been wighin in on fridays but changed it today. still managed to lose 2 pounds. Not having a stellar day energy wise but nothing i can do about it
    mollie- i will pass on the weight chart thing...for some reason i do not like people to know the actual number of my weight...makes no sense to me...but i still hope to lose 8 pounds in april

karen

Karen.....I don't think our actual current weight will be shown on this list. I have the same thought as you regarding this thing. And the amount you want to lose (your goal) is posted on your ticker. I'll give it a try & see how it goes. B-)

Cassie, Karen is correct. Our actual weights will be shown.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    It's a chilly morning here in California. It started to rain just in time for my commute home last night, so it took me over an hour and a half to get home. Luckily I stoped drinking water around 3:30 so I didn't have an accident!

My Thursday Triumph is more of a defeat. All this weight I have is so stubborn! I am completely frustrated with it. After 1 week of calorie cycling I lost 2lbs. the following week I was up 0.2. I didn't log it as I figured it was water due to TOM, and I figured I'd lose it. But this week I'm up another 0.2!!! That's almost a half pound! :sad: I'm seriously VERY VERY dissapointed. :cry:
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Hi Sue and/or anyone,
    What is peri-menopause and how does it not help weight loss? I am talking to my doctor about this today but I would like your insights on this also. Thanks in advance.

Here's a good guide/explaination,

http://www.webmd.com/menopause/guide/guide-perimenopause
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Morning everyone!
    It's a chilly morning here in California. It started to rain just in time for my commute home last night, so it took me over an hour and a half to get home. Luckily I stoped drinking water around 3:30 so I didn't have an accident!

My Thursday Triumph is more of a defeat. All this weight I have is so stubborn! I am completely frustrated with it. After 1 week of calorie cycling I lost 2lbs. the following week I was up 0.2. I didn't log it as I figured it was water due to TOM, and I figured I'd lose it. But this week I'm up another 0.2!!! That's almost a half pound! :sad: I'm seriously VERY VERY dissapointed. :cry:

I am sooooo sorry Claudia:flowerforyou:

I was a sceptic on the calorie cycling stuff but said it is working for somebody and it does not hurt to try anything for 3 to 4 weeks.

Have you considered just lowering your calories or mixing up exercise? Are you at a stall? Sorry if you stated already because I have not read all posts. A half a pound up is not a pound up. I do not even count .4 as a gain. If you had my scale you would be the same weight.....:-) I am not sure that makes you feel better but it is not that bad. So cheer up babe. :drinker:

Have you tried lowering your calories and increasing intensity of exercises also to lose weight. Think about shows like Heavy and the Biggest loser. They are doing from 1200 to 1800 calories and exercise mainiacs. I am not saying to be an exercise maniac but it does help and lowering calories help also. I sooo do not believe in starvation mode stuff promoted here. If you are not going below 800 to 1000 net calories you will not starve. That is my 2 cents Claudia and keep up the good work!:flowerforyou: :drinker: (((HUGS)))
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Hi Sue and/or anyone,

Here's a good guide/explaination,

http://www.webmd.com/menopause/guide/guide-perimenopause

Thanks Sue!! I will print out and read at lunch time!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone!

I was a sceptic on the calorie cycling stuff but said it is working for somebody and it does not hurt to try anything for 3 to 4 weeks.

Have you considered just lowering your calories or mixing up exercise? Are you at a stall? Sorry if you stated already because I have not read all posts. A half a pound up is not a pound up. I do not even count .4 as a gain. If you had my scale you would be the same weight.....:-) I am not sure that makes you feel better but it is not that bad. So cheer up babe. :drinker:

Have you tried lowering your calories and increasing intensity of exercises also to lose weight. Think about shows like Heavy and the Biggest loser. They are doing from 1200 to 1800 calories and exercise mainiacs. I am not saying to be an exercise maniac but it does help and lowering calories help also. I sooo do not believe in starvation mode stuff promoted here. If you are not going below 800 to 1000 net calories you will not starve. That is my 2 cents Claudia and keep up the good work!:flowerforyou: :drinker: (((HUGS)))

Here's a quick run down: I started here 6 months ago at 1200 cals/day. I lost 18lbs in THREE months. Ever since then losing has been difficult. Either only 0.2 loss, or if I'm lucky 0.8. Sometimes no loss at all. I was completely frustrated so I tried calorie cycling and lost 2lbs. I was BEYOND happy! I thought upping the cals helped. This week I upped my cals to 1400 and have stayed under. I think I have to go back 1200 IDK. I just want to cry!! I didn't believe in starvation mode either, but I think that is what was happening. I was not eating enough plus not eathing back my exercise cals. I do think I need to increase my exercise intensity, as it has become more difficult to get my HR up. Thanks for your help Mollie!
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    [
    No you are not the only one. When I settle doen at night to truely look over the tread I open a word document and keep notes then copy and paste when I am done. I am such a geek :tongue:

Me too! It is the only way....lol!
  • LM_105
    Options
    PLEASE READ :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Whooooohoooo!!!

Thanks L for excellent instructions!!:wink: We are on for the weight loss chart peeps!! I just wanted to give you guys a preview. I thought this was the hardest part but it is not. Now I have to figure up my formulas but even if I don't for the few who will be on the chart I am ready to go without formulas.

I just got so excited!:bigsmile: I love learning new techie things, can you tell?:laugh:

I have Charmaine and Karen not interested. I thought there was another person but not sure. I forgot to delete Charmaine but you are deleted already Charmaine so don't worry dear.

If you do not want to be on chart please email me so I can remove your name by next Tuesday week for the 1st weigh in.

BTW - L, I think you are right, I don't have the software at home. I have it at work. But now that I did it at work I will see if I can repeat at home tonight or over the weekend. I may see if I can do this again because I fumbled through it this 1st time.

Weightlosschart.jpg

Love it! Great job Mollie!
  • LM_105
    Options
    Karen.....I don't think our actual current weight will be shown on this list. I have the same thought as you regarding this thing. And the amount you want to lose (your goal) is posted on your ticker. I'll give it a try & see how it goes. B-)
    [/quote]

Cassie, Karen is correct. Our actual weights will be shown.
    [/quote]

What about if you put the lost lbs per week in the columns rather than what the weight is?

I would prefer this and it gives a greater sense of achievement I think (or not...)

So instead of 240lb in first column it might say 1.2lb = in this week (i.e. I lost 1.2lb).

Then we have a total weight loss figure for April, not displaying to the world the actual weight we are.

What do people think?
  • LM_105
    Options
    Just checking in. Have read the posts up to now but no time to go into details.

Thanks to all for reassuring me re the lack of gym and my cracker craziness! lol!

Back soon!
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    THURSDAY TRIUMPHS: My triumph today is that I have gotten off my butt this past 3 (three) days and gone for a walk. and even though it was a short walk.....I walked. And just to let you know, I'm one of those people who hates exercise and God forbid if I have to sweat. LOL

So....I've invited myself to my son's house for dinner tonight.....mostly so I can go see my GrandBaby Girl. It will be fun tonite. Not sure what's for dinner, so I'm eating real lite today so I can "afford" the dinner calories. AND I have a cake in my kitchen calling my name...today is the third day it's been there. If it's not gone by the time I leave to go to my son's house.....I'm taking that cake to my son. The kids will love it!

Cassie
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    [

Me too! It is the only way....lol!

I do this too! I do it when I have time and my main reason is for the spell check.....:-)
  • katzpawz
    katzpawz Posts: 754
    Options
    THURSDAY TRIUMPHS: My triumph today is that I have gotten off my butt this past 3 (three) days and gone for a walk. and even though it was a short walk.....I walked. And just to let you know, I'm one of those people who hates exercise and God forbid if I have to sweat. LOL

So....I've invited myself to my son's house for dinner tonight.....mostly so I can go see my GrandBaby Girl. It will be fun tonite. Not sure what's for dinner, so I'm eating real lite today so I can "afford" the dinner calories. AND I have a cake in my kitchen calling my name...today is the third day it's been there. If it's not gone by the time I leave to go to my son's house.....I'm taking that cake to my son. The kids will love it!

Cassie

You go girl with the walking!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Here's a quick run down: I started here 6 months ago at 1200 cals/day. I lost 18lbs in THREE months. Ever since then losing has been difficult. Either only 0.2 loss, or if I'm lucky 0.8. Sometimes no loss at all. I was completely frustrated so I tried calorie cycling and lost 2lbs. I was BEYOND happy! I thought upping the cals helped. This week I upped my cals to 1400 and have stayed under. I think I have to go back 1200 IDK. I just want to cry!! I didn't believe in starvation mode either, but I think that is what was happening. I was not eating enough plus not eathing back my exercise cals. I do think I need to increase my exercise intensity, as it has become more difficult to get my HR up. Thanks for your help Mollie!

Here is the bottom line on starving the body. If you continue to starve it, it has no choice but to drop those pounds. It may take it a week or 2 to do so but once it realizes you are not upping your intake the pounds will start coming off.

And I feel you on HR. It is a drag that the fitter we get the harder we have to work to burn those calories. But it is still healtheir to be fit. Try interval training with a treadmill or bike for 45 to 60 min 3 to 4 days a week. Did I forget Elliptical? Any cardio in the zones going up and down or doing sprints with HR really high will help you see som results. Now remember I am saying this with no idea of what you have been doing thus far. If you are already doing 60 min cardio 4 times a week, let me know.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Just checking in. Have read the posts up to now but no time to go into details.

Thanks to all for reassuring me re the lack of gym and my cracker craziness! lol!

Back soon!

I am a cracker junkie too L. I can't even have them in my house. I keep them in my trunk and count them out when I am going to eat them with sardines or tuna.