Lots2Lose & over 40 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• MJ5898
    MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    YAY it's 'humpday'!
    That means it's Wednesday weigh-in & exercise day. soooooo I had mentioned that I was challenging myself to get 2 workouts/day in this week. That went right out the window the first day! :grumble: I woke up early yesterday to get my early morning workout in, but by the time I got home last night, i was feeling VERY tired and achey. I think I may be coming down with something, which shouldn't surprise me as I was sitting in the rain for TWO hours on Sunday. I went to bed early last night and still couldn't get up this morning! We'll see how I am feeling tonight.

Hope you are feeling better and that you kick this before it really gets started! Also, best wishes for getting your car released from the shop - no having our wheels can really be a pain!
  • MJ5898
    Options
    OMG:noway: :noway: I shoveled snow for 15 minutes and I am pooped. Need a nap now:noway: :noway: Wonder if they have it in the database about shoveling snow?

Snow shoveling is very hard, strenuous work! You definitely burned some calories with 15 minutes of that!!! :bigsmile:
  • MJ5898
    Options
    So far the week has gone exactly as planned - CHAOTIC!!! I've already put in 30 hrs this week, not counting today.....

Wow, 30 hours already!!! Glad you found a good place to walk and take a break from work even if you do have to go back after. Hope things remain a little calmer for you today!
  • MJ5898
    Options
    Just got in from walk. 2.5 miles today! Just a little stiffness in my calves, no pain...this is a good thing!

Great walk!!!! 2 1/2 miles is a long distance, so super congrats on that. Enjoy your dinner!!!
  • MJ5898
    Options
    Shelly, sorry to hear the scale is being difficult. I am probably going to try calorie cycling next week to shake up my metabolism. Do you keep with in for multiple weeks or is it something you just do for a short period?

Cathy, great to see you on the board and back from conference. Congrats on your awesome cumulative loss!!! Best of luck at the doctor's appointment. Hope your A1Cs are in the normal range!

Mollie, good luck with the physical. Bet your doc will be pleased with your awesome progress! Hope they can get your hormones sorted out!
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    Did you all hear my screams! 1.5lb down bringing me to my March goal of 14 lbs . So happy . Will have to make a new goal for the end of April now, maybe a more realistic 8lbs seeing as my water weight has gone. Exercise....keep strengthening my knee and push myself a little further each day. Happy Tuesday ladies x

Yaaay Joanna!!! Congrats on the loss!!! Good work! Re: your above post about finding a new husband.......I think losing the weight is easier...LOL. trust me......mine has all the normal "stuff" going on with his man self....haha. :-\
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    Yaaay L!!! Congrats on the 1.2lbs loss!!! Good job! I'm sure your energy will come back. WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: PLEASE READ. THANKS.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:flowerforyou: Hello all,

Starting March 30th, I will be starting a weight chart for our little group. We are experimenting. I want to see if I have the time to commit to getting it up weekly by Thursday or Friday mornings. I will shoot for Thurday but definitely no later than Friday.

For those who have different weigh in days you can use them but for the group since Linda has established Wednesday as weigh in, I will be using Wednesday dates for the chart.

PLEASE NOTE if you do not want to weigh in on Wednesday this is fine. If you want to use another day that is fine but all weigh-ins need to be posted on Wednesdays only. That is the only day I will be looking for them on.

So example if your weigh in day is Monday, then post your weight on WED of the same week. If it is on Friday post it the following WED. It would be too cumbersome to be looking every day for weigh ins and I am sure we can all understand this.

If I missed something or you were out of town or just too busy to post your weight you can always email me any day and I will put your number in the chart. I will only be checking the boards on Wednesdays, starting next Wednesday March 30th for the beginning weight.

I weigh daily anyways so I will have a true weight on Wednesday. If there are any mistakes just let me know and I will update the chart.

Please use below format if you would like to. I will be using it for me. and since we will be posting them on Wednesday's we will know which date to go back and look for it on.

Screen name: Mollie1037
    Goal for April 27th: to lose 4 pounds (1 pound a week) or whatever you goal for April is.
    March 30th (starting weight): 352
    April 6th:
    April 13th:
    April 20th:
    April 27th:

I will post this again next Tuesday March 29th night late.

If it goes OK in April, I will start off May with April 27th date weight. I am in 2 challenges that use these so I hope I can do it. We will see and I totally understand if you don't want to participate. I will only post names of those participating in tracking our weights. For me it was motivational with the challenges I am in now. This is not a challenge. At any time if you want to get off the list let me know via email and I will immediately remove you from the chart.

Please let me know who is in! :flowerforyou: Remember after today email me if you are in because I am only checking on Wednesdays. Sorry for the late post. Hope your Wednesday is going well.
  • malias
    malias Posts: 82
    Options
    OK, I have always had "bat wings" but now they are disgusting. With all my weight losses and weight gains, up, down, up, down, I guess my skin has rebelled! Seriously, is anyone else considering plastic surgery when they've reached their goal? I refuse to have loose hanging skin forever.....
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Count me in please Mollie, sounds a great motivational tool. Thank you for taking it on.
  • Sue_Smiles
    Sue_Smiles Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    my official weigh in days are on fridays. I made it to the gym this morning and went ahead and joined.WHOO HOO. I did 12 mins on the bike, 12 mins on the treadmill, 6 mins on the stairstepper and a few weight machines. It is between my house and my daughters school so I am going to try to stop at the gym after I drop her off at school at least 3xs a week. and on the other 2 days I will try to get in some walking or an exercise dvd.

Good for you, you'll do great at the gym!
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options
    Tomorrow I am off to the doctors for annual physical and to make sure I am OK thyroid wise and to see if they can tell me if I am in menapause. :blushing: TOM is very sparodic these days and I feel this is why it is very hard for me to lose weight these days.

I hear ya, TOM has been very hit or miss for me also. I just wish it would be over and done with! I agree with the statement that it makes it hard to lose weight. :smile:
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options

I've been making myself take a break a noon to go for a walk. The town paved a section of an old railroad line that meanders behind the city park, thru some trees and by farm fields. It's very close to work, and I can walk to the end and back in a half hour. It's a great way to get in some exercise and a MUCH deserved break for the brain!!!

That sounds like a wonderful walk and a great way to relax and rest your brain.
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options
    OMG:noway: :noway: I shoveled snow for 15 minutes and I am pooped. Need a nap now:noway: :noway: Wonder if they have it in the database about shoveling snow?

if it's not in the db here it would be on fitday :smile:

Good for you on the snow shoveling, that kills my back!
  • Sue_Smiles
    Options
    Count me in Mollie, my WI day is Thursday, no sweat to change it up one day. :)
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Mollie, thank you for taking this on! I am in :bigsmile:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    OK, I have always had "bat wings" but now they are disgusting. With all my weight losses and weight gains, up, down, up, down, I guess my skin has rebelled! Seriously, is anyone else considering plastic surgery when they've reached their goal? I refuse to have loose hanging skin forever.....

Malias,
    I have considered it and went for an evaluation but way too expensive for me. My parents agreed to help me but I don't think I want to pay the money and I really need it for my thighs and butt areas before I would consider my arms. I have made peace with my body image and will move forward with the hanging flab.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    LOL Sue:flowerforyou: I need to make some new habits also. Glad you found our new thread. Weather sucks here also. Woke up to snow on the ground once again. Buses all around us were cancelled today, some school closed also. Spring oh spring where art thou?
    [/quote]

spring is here in vancouver!! i was sitting on the deck just now just in shirtsleeves pondering the mess in my yard!
  • karenleona
    Options
    Did you all hear my screams! 1.5lb down bringing me to my March goal of 14 lbs . So happy . Will have to make a new goal for the end of April now, maybe a more realistic 8lbs seeing as my water weight has gone. Exercise....keep strengthening my knee and push myself a little further each day. Happy Tuesday ladies x

wow!!...you are amazing......good job to set attainable goals for next month but HOORAY for the loss so far

karen
  • karenleona
    Options

yes it is in the database