Lots2Lose & over 40 (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Wed Weigh in - i had been wighin in on fridays but changed it today. still managed to lose 2 pounds. Not having a stellar day energy wise but nothing i can do about it
    mollie- i will pass on the weight chart thing...for some reason i do not like people to know the actual number of my weight...makes no sense to me...but i still hope to lose 8 pounds in april

karen
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    Karen Congrats on losing 2 lbs this week WOW that is great especially with moving your weigh in day up 2 days.

Mollie thanks for taking on the weighloss chart. I am in. Now I just need to decide if I want to change my weigh in day to wednesday or if I want to just post it on weds or email it to you on weds. decisions, decisions. LOL
  • themommie
    Options
    OK, I have always had "bat wings" but now they are disgusting. With all my weight losses and weight gains, up, down, up, down, I guess my skin has rebelled! Seriously, is anyone else considering plastic surgery when they've reached their goal? I refuse to have loose hanging skin forever.....

I might consider it after I get to my goal if the hanging skin is too bad, but to tell you the truth I am scared to have surgery. I have never had surgery except for having my tonsils out in the 4th grade. And except for then only been in the hospital to have my babies.
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Today started okay. I am back to myself body wise, no more aches and pains from pushing myself too hard at the gym. I really felt ready to go back today (last time was Sunday), actually looking forward to it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Unfortunately I had to go to my mums house and clean and dress her leg (she has a fall a couple of weeks ago and had to have an operation). This sounds a simple thing and my plan had been to go to the gym afterwards but there just wasn't time. I got to hers at 7.30 after work and then didn't finish until 9pm. As the gym closes at 10pm and it takes 20 mins to get there, I just didn't make it. :angry: Now I feel horrid, it is strange but I really miss it, lol! I am sure this 3 day break did my body the world of good however.

Food had been great today, my usual healthy salad for lunch and fruit and even took sandwhiches to have at mums for my 'evening meal' so I could go to the gym after eating. But when I came home realising I wasn't going to get to the gym..... I felt bad.....started looking around and I just happened to find some crackers (sesame and sea salt) and before I knew it I had over 400 calories worth! :huh: Oh my! Just kept thinking that if I had gone to the gym I wouldn't be over. calories.... so angry at myself for eating the crackers and wasting all the efforts of the early part of the day!!!! :mad: :grumble: ::embarassed:

Thanks to those of you for asking about our family friend; he is still critical, no change at the moment.
  • LM_105
    LM_105 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Ooops, forgot:

@katzpawz: Happy cleaning! Great job with the walking and sensible to listen to you body. 5 miles a great goal.

@Milesbackwards: Sorry to hear of the storms you’ve been having, hope you and your family are okay. Glad to hear you feeling a little better. Terrific weight loss, 1.5lb! Fingers crossed for your ‘official’ tomorrow!

@MJ: Glad you head has improved a little. Congrats on no weight gain (frustrating I know when the scales don’t move!) It will probably show next week.

@Cathy: Wooow re your 2lbs!!! Brilliant! As I mentioned earlier 49 is Brilliant! Good luck with the doctors appointment tomorrow! Fingers are crossed!

@Mollie Hope the physical goes okay tomorrow.

@Gabbygirl: Loved that you thought you would try another weigh in day, lol! Hope you feel a little better soon and get back to your self. Hope the walk after work went well!

@Shelly: Hope you enjoyed your walk last night, you are brave, I won’t do it outside on my own. You have done a great job on the exercises so I am sure the weight loss will follow soon!

@Leadvocalchick: Good idea re the noon walking! 30 mins walk, just think of those calories burned!

@Claudia: Hope you fight off your ‘something’ and don’t go down with anything after your rain-out on Sunday. Frustrating re the car! Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow!

@Themommie: Well done re the gym this morning, excellent location for poping in after you drop your daughter to school as you say!

@Karen: Brilliant re the 2lbs!!!!! Hope the energy improves. So you are in Vancouver! I was there 2 years ago, we had a stopover on our way to Hawaii and then on the way back we were there for 3 nights. We went to Stanley Park and to the revolving restaurant plus other sites. Unfortunately the weather wasn’t good (it was Feb), so not great for visiting Whistler. We were in the Fairmont right on the seafront.
  • christyrussell2
    christyrussell2 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh-In/Exercise

I'm still gaining/losing the same pound. :angry: I started the calories cycling this last weekend & I hope to see some results by the next weigh in Wednesday.

Today my son & I went to Pinnacle Mountain with my sister-in-law & nephew. We hiked for almost 2 hours. It wasn't hard core hiking but it was fun! I burned over 750 calories according to my heart rate monitor. Tomorrow's plan involves working in my flower beds. They desperately need to be cleaned out. I hope we can get it all done in the morning & sneak off to a movie in the afternoon.

Love the new site - Thanks Linda!!

I'll be glad when I can get back on regularly but I'm enjoying Spring Break so that won't be until next week. :flowerforyou:
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone....well I lost .9 this week. I wish it was better, but hey, its something right? Ive been playing with my calories a bit...going from 1 1/2 pounds a week to 2 pounds a week, so see what works. Its hard...because I feel I wont lose as well on 1 1/2 pounds a week...but when I go with 2 pounds a week...that leaves me very hungry in the evening. the calorie difference is about 300. Good news...I walked today....1 mile. It was beautiful here! I dont walk far, but I go. I will be increasing this distance in April. I will be doubling my time/distance. Have a great evening everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • mainey65
    mainey65 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I finally got some time to get on here. I haven't been on much in the last 2 days, but I did just finish reading evereyone's posts. Wow! now I know why you wanted to keep the group to no more than 20 Linda. That's alot of reading! Don't get me wrong, I love it! I'm so thankful to be part of this group and be getting to know all of you ladies better.
    Thanks so much for everyone's congratulations on my weight loss in my first month.
    Mollie - I don't think I will join in on the weight loss chart right now. I may change my mind in the future, but for now I am just going to weigh once a month when I go to the doctor's. In the past I have gotten a little too caught up on the numbers on the scale. I know this is really stupid, but if I'd see the numberr go up I would say, "what the heck why am I even trying?" Then I would go and pig out. So, IU think I will stay away from the scale for awhile more. I can judge my weight loss by how my clothes are fitting and how I am feeling in general.
    Congrats to all of you that lost weight or stayed the same this week and to those of you that didn't, I know it sucks - it happens to us al BUT stick with it and you will lose it!
    talk soon, Charmaine
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Weigh In - Well I am not too disappointed but I did gain about 1/2 lb since last week. I did know that I ate out many times with my son for March Break(last week) so my sodium was way high on most days. I did try to stay active and walk most days and did manage to stay under my calories on some days. I will be working hard this week coming to lose that 1/2lb and some more.

I had company since this morning and I am really tired. I did skim the posts but really tired tonight going to call it a night. Congrats on all the losses and maintains. I will post tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.

P.S. Mollie I would like to join in the weight loss chart please. Thanks for setting this up for all of us.
  • ShellyBrew
    ShellyBrew Posts: 823
    Options
    I ended up having a crazy day at work and was not able to get back on after breakfast. Was a good day overall. I have done well with the food choices the last few days but ohh it is so hard when I am “thinking” about it all the time. Exercise has also been on the up swing; my trainer is kicking my butt and really increasing the cardio. I think I am going to die every M, W,F…..Thanks for all the support and encouragement, you all rock :flowerforyou: :heart: :smooched: :flowerforyou:

@Amy….congrats that you are taking time for yourself in the afternoons and walking, that is awesome!

@Claudia….fingers crossed you don’t get sick. Rest, Rest, Rest! I have everything crossed I can that you get your car back this week!! I hear your frustration on the weight coming off slowly, we just need to push through and wait for our bodies to cooperate.

@Kelly…..awesome walk and woohoo with minimal pain. I did 2.5 miles yesterday and was very stiff this AM. Need to stretch more.

@Linda….I do believe the snow shoveling is in the database, if not pretend you were walking briskly. That shoveling is hard work!

@Sheri….Awesome that you joined the gym, now you can really switch up your exercise which it appears you did. Great beginning goals also! We are all going to go this.

@MJ…I am not sure about the calorie cycling, probably depends on the body, we will take it a week at a time.

@Mollie…I love the weight chart idea, I am so in,

@Queenie….I am not there yet but I will definitely consider surgery/help when I reach my goals and maintain. I think my batwings have decreased in size some but they still wiggle/jiggle A LOT.

@Karen…Congrats on the weight loss. It took me a long time before I was ready to reveal my “true” weight and I only do it here. My non-MFP friends and family have no clue. The only person away from MFP who knows my true weight and measurements is my trainer

@L…don’t you just hate it when life gets in the way of your plans, it happens, don’t beat yourself up over it. You will get back to the gym and rock it

@Christy…Enjoy your spring break and have tons of fun with your kiddo and family, we know you are thinking of us and we are here for you always. The hike sounds awesome.

@Jackie…Every pound (or part of a pound) counts!! Celebrate it don’t let yourself get down. A 1 mile walk is awesome!
  • cassieinor
    cassieinor Posts: 584
    Options
    OMG:noway: :noway: I shoveled snow for 15 minutes and I am pooped. Need a nap now:noway: :noway: Wonder if they have it in the database about shoveling snow?

OMG! I am sooo thankful I don't have to shovel snow. You are truly a brave lady doing that. I'd be flat on my back. I'll use the "snow melt" stuff. Hope it doesn't stay long. We had a cold windy day.....but I did my walk.
    Hugs girl!
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Good morning, y'all!! :smile:

Just got on to log my breakfast and say this new thread!!! YIPPEE!!! And, it's kinda sorta quiet in here at the moment, so I'm sneaking in a minute for ME!!!

So far the week has gone exactly as planned - CHAOTIC!!! I've already put in 30 hrs this week, not counting today.....

I've been making myself take a break a noon to go for a walk. The town paved a section of an old railroad line that meanders behind the city park, thru some trees and by farm fields. It's very close to work, and I can walk to the end and back in a half hour. It's a great way to get in some exercise and a MUCH deserved break for the brain!!!

I want to say THANKS SO MUCH TO EVERYONE who has been sooo supportive and posted all the positive messages on my wall!! :heart: I'm honestly rooting for each and every one of you in this group, although I've not had the chance to let each of you know personally!! You're a great group of YOUNG LADIES :happy: and we're gonna make this happen together!!!

Amy...think about the overtime for now....especially while you're on that nice walk path....we'll all be here when your boss & coworker get back and you have more time for you.... can't wait to hear more from youm
    ;-)
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I finally got some time to get on here. I haven't been on much in the last 2 days, but I did just finish reading evereyone's posts. Wow! now I know why you wanted to keep the group to no more than 20 Linda. That's alot of reading! Don't get me wrong, I love it! I'm so thankful to be part of this group and be getting to know all of you ladies better.
    Thanks so much for everyone's congratulations on my weight loss in my first month.
    Mollie - I don't think I will join in on the weight loss chart right now. I may change my mind in the future, but for now I am just going to weigh once a month when I go to the doctor's. In the past I have gotten a little too caught up on the numbers on the scale. I know this is really stupid, but if I'd see the numberr go up I would say, "what the heck why am I even trying?" Then I would go and pig out. So, IU think I will stay away from the scale for awhile more. I can judge my weight loss by how my clothes are fitting and how I am feeling in general.
    Congrats to all of you that lost weight or stayed the same this week and to those of you that didn't, I know it sucks - it happens to us al BUT stick with it and you will lose it!
    talk soon, Charmaine

Charmaine,
    This is not stupid at all. We all have to do what works for us. That is why we are all here. To find the best way for us. None of our paths will be the same. If you are like me, my goal is to find what works for me. I am determined to whatever it takes for as long as it takes to reach my goals. You keep up the good work!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,384 Member
    Options
    I am bushed and heading in tonight so I can hopefully go to the gym in the morning. I have to go to the gym tomorrow to get in my 2 days.

You all are rocking and Charmaine is so right, I love the group but It is hard keeping up with you guys. Then the names are hard for me to remember. My chart is at work so I have to make me a copy for at home.......:-)

Hugs!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Wed Weigh in - i had been wighin in on fridays but changed it today. still managed to lose 2 pounds. Not having a stellar day energy wise but nothing i can do about it
    mollie- i will pass on the weight chart thing...for some reason i do not like people to know the actual number of my weight...makes no sense to me...but i still hope to lose 8 pounds in april

karen

Karen.....I don't think our actual current weight will be shown on this list. I have the same thought as you regarding this thing. And the amount you want to lose (your goal) is posted on your ticker. I'll give it a try & see how it goes. B-)
  • cassieinor
    Options
    Today started okay. I am back to myself body wise, no more aches and pains from pushing myself too hard at the gym. I really felt ready to go back today (last time was Sunday), actually looking forward to it. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Unfortunately I had to go to my mums house and clean and dress her leg (she has a fall a couple of weeks ago and had to have an operation). This sounds a simple thing and my plan had been to go to the gym afterwards but there just wasn't time. I got to hers at 7.30 after work and then didn't finish until 9pm. As the gym closes at 10pm and it takes 20 mins to get there, I just didn't make it. :angry: Now I feel horrid, it is strange but I really miss it, lol! I am sure this 3 day break did my body the world of good however.

Food had been great today, my usual healthy salad for lunch and fruit and even took sandwhiches to have at mums for my 'evening meal' so I could go to the gym after eating. But when I came home realising I wasn't going to get to the gym..... I felt bad.....started looking around and I just happened to find some crackers (sesame and sea salt) and before I knew it I had over 400 calories worth! :huh: Oh my! Just kept thinking that if I had gone to the gym I wouldn't be over. calories.... so angry at myself for eating the crackers and wasting all the efforts of the early part of the day!!!! :mad: :grumble: ::embarassed:

Thanks to those of you for asking about our family friend; he is still critical, no change at the moment.
    [/quote

L...glad you're energy is back. But don't beat yourself up over the crackers. Or missing the gym. Moms have to come first....right? And tomorrow will be a better day. Also sending up prayers for your friend.
    Cassie
  • cassieinor
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN... Well I thought I had posted my weigh in already.....but looking back, I can't find it. So here we go. I've lost 3lbs this week. I've been without a scale for a couple months and finally bought a new one a week ago. It's amazing how getting a new scale will put you back on track. I've also started walking....gonna shoot for 4 to 5 days a week. This is a major challenge for me...but I'm on day 3.

So am I the only one who has a hard time keeping up here? I'm sorry for responding to everyones posts ....but I think I'm gonna start keeping notes when reading posts. That way maybe I can keep track of where I left off. Please....someone tell me I'm not the only one....LoL.

So I'm off to sleep. Catch ya all in the morning. Keep up all the good work.
    Cassie
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    WEDNESDAY WEIGH IN... Well I thought I had posted my weigh in already.....but looking back, I can't find it. So here we go. I've lost 3lbs this week. I've been without a scale for a couple months and finally bought a new one a week ago. It's amazing how getting a new scale will put you back on track. I've also started walking....gonna shoot for 4 to 5 days a week. This is a major challenge for me...but I'm on day 3.

So am I the only one who has a hard time keeping up here? I'm sorry for responding to everyones posts ....but I think I'm gonna start keeping notes when reading posts. That way maybe I can keep track of where I left off. Please....someone tell me I'm not the only one....LoL.

Cassie

Excellent job on the 3 pound weight loss!!!
    I take notes when i am reading the posts otherwise i have no idea who i want to reply to! And yes it is hard to keep up some days but that is why I loke this group so much- we all struggle and celebrate together and help each other along.
    aaaach- the muchie gremlings have invaded my body...better get to bed before they figure out where the kitchen is

tomorrow is a new day...plan to be successful

karen
  • themommie
    Options

Cassie

CONGRATS on the 3 lbs weigh loss that is awesome. And good job on your walking. Great to see that you are back on track.

I also keep notes as I read otherwise I cant remember who I wanted to respond to, and yes somedays are hard to keep up with. But I love all the interaction on this group. And glad that we are an active group that supports one another. Good night everyone......and thanks for all your encouragement
  • Jojo42
    Jojo42 Posts: 223
    Options
    Good morning lovely ladies, just off on my commute to work, the next few days will be busy as I'm working Saturday too and won't be home until around 7 this evening...just so you know I haven't gone MIA or abandoned you all!
    Have a lovely day

Joanna