20 weeks to a healthier me!

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    I would like to join you guys.
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    I would like to join you guys.

you are most welcome!! you are member number 7 :)
  • recipe4success
    since we now have 7 members and i'm aiming for less than 10, i am going to close this group to new members when we reach 10 members, or by monday...whichever comes first. hopefully everyone is ok with that! i just feel smaller groups are more effective and its easier to keep up with everyone and be motivating towards all members :)
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    @Shygal - excellent, I fully support closing the group. And I too am going to be at the computer today for hours and hours. Although I'm a computer addict....lol. But this is diff, it's serious projects time. So much to do!

I'm also excited to weigh myself this ...well it's afternoon but I'm still in bed. I have to get up and weigh - I'm one of the scale addicts, I like to check in and see how I do every single day lol....then I have to do my EASA2 workout, which is killer.

EDIT: Just weighed! I'm down more! Hooray!
  • janesmith1
    So proud, I did my wo without breaks, well, one short one that had to do with the laundry :)

EDIT: In case some of you miss this thread, this woman got rid of her cellulite!!! By running!!! She said she was "pothole city". You have got to see this!!! She is now 117, started at 161.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/201435-i-cant-believe-i-fixed-my-problem-area
  • recipe4success
    congrats jane on the weight loss!! and excellent that you completed your workout without breaks!!

that is very impressive with the cellulite loss! i guess i haven't gotten to the point ever (my lowest weight last time i lost weight was around 220 lbs) when cellulite becomes a concern. i guess i'll cross that bridge when it comes!
  • I would like to join too. I have never joined a group before so I am not sure what all to do. I would love to lose 2 lbs a week! I know it will be hard, but wow, it will be worth it. I don't know how to get the graphics onto this reply, but I am sure you techie people can tell me how to do it. Thanks for letting me join! Spring break this week so Monday I will be back into a routine.
  • recipe4success
    yay member number 8! :)

which graphics do you want to put on here? i might be able to help (at least i'll try!) :)
  • fanatheart
    fanatheart Posts: 24 Member
    Am I in time to join?
    You can see from my counter that I'm about 1/2 way to my FIRST mini goal... there's oh at least 3 digits to go beyond that, so some companionship in a small group would be great. Nothing special is happening for me in August -- but I've some big work things going on in September I'd like to be smaller for!

2852455.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • recipe4success
    Am I in time to join?
    You can see from my counter that I'm about 1/2 way to my FIRST mini goal... there's oh at least 3 digits to go beyond that, so some companionship in a small group would be great. Nothing special is happening for me in August -- but I've some big work things going on in September I'd like to be smaller for!

2852455.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

you are member number 9 :)

just imagine how much smaller we will all be in august!! woohoo!
  • recipe4success
    it is weird to anyone that i can't think of myself being smaller than 175 lbs? that is how much i weighed (approximately) when i was around 12 years old and was actually quite physically active, but didn't eat well. I just can't imagine myself weighing less than that...and for now 175 seems like lightyears away.
  • janesmith1
    it is weird to anyone that i can't think of myself being smaller than 175 lbs? that is how much i weighed (approximately) when i was around 12 years old and was actually quite physically active, but didn't eat well. I just can't imagine myself weighing less than that...and for now 175 seems like lightyears away.

I know what you mean about that but you'll know when you get there and MFP works...I mean it so works, it just WORKS like nothing else. I've been eating low-fat homemade prepared foods from cook's illustrated, america's test kitchen and I'd like to suggest a taste of home & cooking light. All of those places do not sacrifice on TASTE yet can lower the cal counts and make things low fat. I also found a book on amazon for Low Fat Mexican Food by someone who has won James Beard Foundation awards, so eventually I will get that too.

I remember back when I was 15 years old and I weighed like 115, there are pix of me, I was absolutely stunning. I had a figure to die for....I'd like to get back to that 110/115, that is still within a healthy bmi for me according to the bmi on this site. But I'll know when I get there, I'll look at myself critically and figure it out....and it's a long way off....lol. I'm hoping that in August we'll renew our vows to this thread because I won't be "there" yet lol. I'll have barely made it to onederland by then! :))
  • janesmith1
    I would like to join too. I have never joined a group before so I am not sure what all to do. I would love to lose 2 lbs a week! I know it will be hard, but wow, it will be worth it. I don't know how to get the graphics onto this reply, but I am sure you techie people can tell me how to do it. Thanks for letting me join! Spring break this week so Monday I will be back into a routine.

I think you mean the signature right? Go to REPLY TO TOPIC, say on this one, and you'll see SIGNATURE on it or just RIGHT CLICK HERE
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/signature

See it now?

Now what you want to do is go to this link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker/home

COPY & PASTE the ticker url from there or make your own that you like and paste it back into here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/signature

Hope that helps!
  • sweigel
    sweigel Posts: 3
    Count me in! I lost 1back and have gained 3 back. Ready to get going again
  • recipe4success
    Count me in! I lost 1back and have gained 3 back. Ready to get going again

you are our last member :) i will close the thread to new members now. :)
  • recipe4success
    we are now closed to new members for the moment, as we have reached 10 members on this thread.
  • recipe4success

I'm hoping that in August we'll renew our vows to this thread because I won't be "there" yet lol. I'll have barely made it to onederland by then! :))

i hope so too!!! :) i'll be (hopefully) at your weight then, woot! :D
  • I think I understand. I will update it then every Wednesday. Is that when everyone is weighing in? I really need the accountability and the encouragement. I have been overweight all my life and I really want to lose the pounds but I really want to feel better and be around for my grandkids. I am a high school teacher (at age 51 and this is my first year teaching!) and I am so exhausted each day that it is hard to get myself to exercise. I really appreciate you all letting me in with this group. This is so out of the box for me!

4807105.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • recipe4success
    I think I understand. I will update it then every Wednesday. Is that when everyone is weighing in? I really need the accountability and the encouragement. I have been overweight all my life and I really want to lose the pounds but I really want to feel better and be around for my grandkids. I am a high school teacher (at age 51 and this is my first year teaching!) and I am so exhausted each day that it is hard to get myself to exercise. I really appreciate you all letting me in with this group. This is so out of the box for me!

4807105.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Yes, lets do wednesday weigh ins!! :) that sounds good.

I completely understand about the exercise. I am going to start again tomorrow and already i'm making excuses (i am too busy, i can start when classes are done, etc).....but we can do this! Start slow and build from there, that is the key! :)
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Hey everybody my 1st short term goal is to weight in at 269 by April 14..My weight today is 274.
This discussion has been closed.