20 weeks to a healthier me!

Options

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I am back from literally 3.5 hrs of shopping. Can't wait to make this low fat M*x Shr*dd*d P*rk....gotta start.
  • janesmith1
    Options
    The low fat dinner was really good! Note to self: use less Ch*p*tle Powder in it, it was sooo spicy!

I'm still behind on my housework - never ending.

I woke up to being 221...I am getting close to stated goal...! On the other hand my weight is high tonight sooo, depends on what the body wants to do in the morning!

I told my neighbor that I had lost 22 lbs and she said, I thought something looked different, your face, everyone loses it in their face first...(lol).....I think she was definitely trying to be complimentary. It's hard to see 22 lbs, I figure people will start to notice at 160 or so...long way to go till there! But not impossible!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Helloooooo everyone! Do I hear *crickets* on this thread? LOL...anyways.....I found something that really helps us with ch**s*. I bought a Rosle Ch**s* Wire to slice ch**s*s and wow it is fantastic. It slices soft artisan ch**s*s really well as well as harder ch**s*.

It makes your ch**s* last longer and also helps us eat less ch**s*. Hey ch**s* is triggering for me, big trigger, but this tool is great.

http://www.rosleusa.com/Wire-Cheese-Slicer-plu12723.html

I got mine at Sur la Table, and it's great...just love it. When we were in the Ch**s* section of our local gourmet mkt (kind of like WF), she said "Oh you'll be back tomorrow for more of this"...well actually, not really, it's lasting way longer than just slicking, it's way easier and that thing is dw'able.
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody my 1st short term goal is to weight in at 269 by April 14..My weight today is 274.

Tomorrow is weigh in good luck everybody..19 more week..How much do you want to lose??
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    sorry i've not been around much the past little bit! i had a huge project due today and it was taking alot of my time.

remember...tomorrow is our first official weigh in day!!!! :D:D
  • SLIM195
    SLIM195 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hello: Everyone

I would like to join your group and I will post my weight in the morning.
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Hello: Everyone

I would like to join your group and I will post my weight in the morning.

Hi There! Thank you for your post. We Actually already have 10 members and we would like to keep membership in this group small ...if i could change the topic title I would to say no new members...sorry :(
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Ok so today is our weigh in day ! I hope everyone i having a good week ! I have lost 3.5 pounds this week ! Weighed in this morning at 206.5 !
  • recipe4success
    Options
    I am 264.2 lbs this morning!! :) Up 0.4 lbs from my last recorded weight but i'm not surprised as I had some baking at home I was eating, and I haven't been all that careful with food the last two days. Back at it today!

Last week - 266. 8 lbs
    This week - 264.2 lbs

LOSS - 2.6 lbs! :)
  • aslteacher
    Options
    I weighed in this morning and I am down 6 lbs! This is my first weigh in so it is probably over a two week period for me, but wow! I have a spring in my step! I know I have a very long ways to go, but with this group we can do it one week at a time! Great job ladies on the successful weight loss! I didn't get to excercise yesterday but I will today! Have a great day!

4807105.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    I weigh at the gym every Tuesday. They have a medical scale (the kind everyone hates, or at least I do) and the attendant assured me it is as accurate as they get. The electronic scale they have weighs me at almost 20 pounds under what the medical does, so it makes wonder how accurate they are.

3-22 weigh-in: 236.2
    3-29 weigh-in: 232.0

Total loss: 4.2 pounds

I am in the March (3-15 through 5-7) weight loss challenge at my gym, just for fun. It is self-guided, although people are encouraged to use the gym message board to find a buddy. I am hoping to lose 25 pounds while in the challenge for a total of just over 10% body weight.

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!

We are doing it and I know we can all reach our goal with the support and encouragement we get from each other!
  • recipe4success
    Options
    congrats kris, asl and jenny on your weight loss!! whoo!! :)
  • PirateJenny
    Options
    I am sure people have seen this floating around, but thought it might be fun.

What have YOU lost?

I have lost two automobile tires and a Guinea pig (or 5 chihuahuas and a Guinea pig).

1 pound = a Guinea Pig
    1.5 pounds = a dozen Krispy Kreme glazed donuts
    2 pounds = a rack of baby back ribs
    3 pounds = an average human brain
    4 pounds = an ostrich egg
    5 pounds = a Chihuahua
    6 pounds = a human’s skin
    7.5 pounds = an average newborn
    8 pounds = a human head
    10 pounds= chemical additives an American consumes each year
    11 pounds = an average housecat
    12 pounds = a Bald Eagle
    15 pounds = 10 dozen large eggs
    16 pounds = a sperm whale’s brain
    20 pounds = an automobile tire
    23 pounds = amount of pizza an average American eats in a year
    24 pounds = a 3-gallon tub of super premium ice cream
    25 pounds = an average 2 year old
    30 pounds = amount of cheese an average American eats in a year
    33 pounds = a cinder block
    36 pounds = a mid-size microwave
    40 pounds = a 5-gallon bottle of water or an average human leg
    44 pounds = an elephant’s heart
    50 pounds = a small bale of hay
    55 pounds = a 5000 BTU air conditioner
    60 pounds = an elephant’s penis (yep, weights more than his heart!)
    66 pounds = fats and oils an average American eats in a year
    70 pounds = an Irish Setter
    77 pounds = a gold brick
    80 pounds = the World’s Largest Ball of Tape
    90 pounds = a newborn calf
    100 pounds = a 2 month old horse
    111 pounds = red meat an average American eats in a year
    117 pounds = an average fashion model (and she’s 5’11”)
    118 pounds = the complete Encyclopedia Britannica
    120 pounds = amount of trash you throw away in a month
    130 pounds = a newborn giraffe
    138 pounds = potatoes an average American eats in a year
    140 pounds = refined sugar an average American eats in a year
    144 pounds = an average adult woman (and she’s 5’4”)
    150 pounds = the complete Oxford English Dictionary
    187 pounds = an average adult man
    200 pounds = 2 Bloodhounds
    235 pounds = Arnold Schwarzenegger
    300 pounds = an average football lineman
    400 pounds = a Welsh pony"
  • fanatheart
    fanatheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I keep track on two scales: mine and my doctor's. His is always about 4 lbs more than mine -- but then, I am dressed when I weigh in there :-) I usually record the home scale's readings daily on the site.

So today:
    at home: 309.2
    at the doctor's office: 313.5

According to their charts, that down 2.5 lbs this week. That's just about the target of 1.5 to 2 lbs per week that we're working towards. Of course, I must have been doing well on the exercise front since I had a little ch*c*l*te binge on Sunday :-(

Also, I will be trying to login in during my upcoming business trips (read: eating nightmare!) but I don't know how that will go. So, if you don't hear from me, that's why! (I'm back and forth, home and away randomly for the next bit of time).
  • fanatheart
    fanatheart Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    PS - from my highest weight last year, I'm in the range of elephant heart to elephant penis. Yikes!
  • PirateJenny
    Options
    I just realized my chihuahua calculations were a bit...off. I meant 8 chihuahuas, not five. I can actually do mathematical calculations, even when the "numbers" are animals.

Obviously needed a bit more caffeine this morning...
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Well it's a gorgeous day here finally!

Weight: 221.0

It's probably more, I literally had 219.4, 220.2 and 221.0 on there several times each....*sigh* *scales* !!!!

Going to change my ticker. I have no idea what my weight was last week. My goal for April - 209 but really if I can do 15 lbs that would be super awesome which would get me in the range of 205! Closer still to ONEderland.

I have till tomorrow to find out if I make 219 :)

Going to change my ticker right now!
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone my starting weight is 274.4. I only lost 0.4lbs. I will do better on the next weight in..
  • janesmith1
    Options
    GJ Tet!!
  • PirateJenny
    Options
    tethomas:

You did great! A loss is a loss. Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason why it is a big number one week and a small one the next.

Just "do better" for yourself and for better health, we are all just here to support each other.