20 weeks to a healthier me!

Options

Replies

• janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    One thing I've figured out - every time you eat out instead of packing your lunch, or eating your prepared food at home it's 1000+ cals - - doesn't matter what you eat. They put tons of OIL in it, OIL is so calorific and you're probably getting 500 cals just from the oil alone or more. A meal eaten out can be anywhere from 1000 cals to 2000+ cals. It's just impossible to eat "well" out anywhere.

Therefore, we don't eat out at all anymore.
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    One thing I've figured out - every time you eat out instead of packing your lunch, or eating your prepared food at home it's 1000+ cals - - doesn't matter what you eat. They put tons of OIL in it, OIL is so calorific and you're probably getting 500 cals just from the oil alone or more. A meal eaten out can be anywhere from 1000 cals to 2000+ cals. It's just impossible to eat "well" out anywhere.

Therefore, we don't eat out at all anymore.

yeah it is definitely not healthy to eat out!! it is hard to get a healthy meal unless you harass the waiter to the point that it just isn't fun anymore and you want to just go back there and cook it yourself..lol! :) i do enjoy eating out but i don't ever expect it to be low calorie...and i know my estimates are always much lower than what it actually is.

my plan for tomorrow is to pack up a bunch of snacks and a lunch so i 'll be mostly set for the day...
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound this week down to 205.5 I love that i am getting closer to onederland ! I hope that everyone has a wonderful day today !
  • aslteacher
    Options
    I woke up this morning (at 5:00 a.m. ughhh...) and actually was excited that it was Wednesday. I know I did not do as well as last week but at least I am going in the right direction! I am still having a hard time getting exercise done after work. I am on my feet all day and the last thing I want to do when I get home is walk or go on my elliptical, but I can lose more weight, I know, if I actually do some exercise.
    Shygal, keep working at it! You have done so well so far. Losing 17 lbs is awesome! Treat yourself to something special...(just not food! ha)
    Hope everyone is going in the right direction with the scale today!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Weigh in: 219.2 (yay made it to my March goal ...a few days late tee hee!)

I still want to get to 209 this month but we'll see!!

My plan this month is to do abs with my EASA2 exercise (EA Sports Active 2 - a virtual trainer /game on the xbox360). I want to start to do ab work 3 or 4x per week I have this great ab dvd "Perfect Abs" with Meghan White and it's a fantastic dvd & works too.

Eventually I'd like to get the Jackie Warner Xtreme Abs thing, she uses a dumbbell in it.

@Kris - good for you

@aslteacher - excellent work

@shygal - good going!

One thing I've found with this - MEAL PLANNING works! It works like anything. And I have several Cook's Illustrated and America's Test Kitchen LIGHT books that are helping me meal plan. As I said above, eating out is way too many calories. Yesterday I did a lot of shopping, etc & was starving but waited till I got home to have a snack (1/4 cup Dorset Muesli with 1/2 cup non fat milk). Love that stuff - totally HELPS.
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Great job kris, asl and jane!!

I weighed today at 262.6 lbs, a loss of 1.6 lbs this week.

My goal this week is to not gain weight (stressfu. Week!)
  • tethomas73
    tethomas73 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I lost 1 pound this week down to 205.5 I love that i am getting closer to onederland ! I hope that everyone has a wonderful day today !

Kris, I give you 2 weeks and you will be i nonederland..:smile: Keep up the good work..
  • tethomas73
    Options
    It always seem like I'm the last one to post my result.. Sorry down but not much but every ounce counts. Last week I was @274.0 this week 273.2..:smile: I would like to hit that 269 but the middle of this month.. Trying to aim for 10lbs a months any advice. Jane I see we both set a 10 lbs weight lost for this month.. I know you can do it so I'm going to need you to push me. Not only Jane everybody in the group.. Good luck with next week weight in..
  • tethomas73
    Options
    It always seem like I'm the last one to post my result.. Sorry down but not much but every ounce counts. Last week I was @274.0 this week 273.2..:smile: I would like to hit that 269 but the middle of this month.. Trying to aim for 10lbs a months any advice.
  • tethomas73
    Options

Great job shygal!! That's awesome.. We have 18 more weeks to a healthier us!!
  • recipe4success
    Options

Great job shygal!! That's awesome.. We have 18 more weeks to a healthier us!!

Thank you ! :) You are doing great too. Last summer I did 10lbs/month for a couple months..so it is definitely possible! Keeping on track with eating and exercising is the key!!
  • janesmith1
    Options
    I think 10 lbs a month is definitely possible. In fact, I'm doing it! :)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    Time for me to get up, feed cats, start my wo. Today is going to KILL me, it's going to be Split Squat Jump Repeats. And those are the killer of killers exercises.
  • ladymoonlite
    ladymoonlite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join u haha Im in and august is my birthday mOnth and I wanna b healthy :)
  • janesmith1
    Options
    So excited, I've now lost 27 lbs, I'm down to 217.2!! Yes I weighed myself like 10x to be sure bc I have a whacky scale which gave me different readings the first 4x I stepped on it. But for sure it's 217.2 now! :))

ONEderland, I've taken the off-ramp, I'm on my way!!!!!
  • aslteacher
    Options
    Okay! This weekend....good choices and be active! This is a lifestyle change....smile....
  • janesmith1
    Options
    GM, I got up & did Perfect Abs dvd.......it wasn't as hard as I remember heh. I used to do it all the time so maybe the body remembers...
  • recipe4success
    Options
    weigh in day tomorrow all!!!! :D

ps sorry i haven't been around. i will be tomorrow and onwards! :)
  • tethomas73
    Options
    I think 10 lbs a month is definitely possible. In fact, I'm doing it! :)
    I agree that's my mini goal..Please wish me luck..
  • tethomas73
    Options
    Please forgive me for not post to the topic more than once a week: :flowerforyou: . My daughter, family, and work keep my day time on overload. Always on the move.. So I can only respond late at night or on my 2 days off.. So this is the reason why I respond to the topic once or twice a week..

This week weight in was 1.2 lbs. My weight today is 271.8 and I want to be at 269 by next week... Wish me luck..

Will try to post to the topic more often..:smile: