beautiful

Options

Replies

• skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am beautiful because I just am. lol
    thanks for this topic.
    i just had a HUGE binge and this is what i really just needed :)
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    I am beautiful because I just am. lol
    thanks for this topic.
    i just had a HUGE binge and this is what i really just needed :)
    see thats why we are all here we got your back
  • cooki3s
    cooki3s Posts: 47
    Options
    clicks invisible *like* button :)
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking about responding to this topic for 2 hours. Its difficult.

I was told yesterday that i was beautiful even though i was sleep deprived and looked like corpse bride. ....so there must be more to beauty than aesthetics. Beauty is not objectifiable, its subjective, which lends it room to take so many forms. A smile can be objectively beautiful because you have perfect teeth or cute little dimples, but the real beauty of the smile is what is making you smile, or cry, or laugh. an embrace is beautiful, a kiss is beautiful, an awkward moment that breaks the ice is beautiful. Love is beautiful. We feel these things, we make them beautiful. You are beautiful. (And i am too).

: )
  • jodie1306
    jodie1306 Posts: 43
    Options
    I am beautiful because I try every day to see the silver lining.....and all of my wonderful amazing MFP friends make me smile every day.....Cos they keep my *kitten* in check :wink:

Ah it's like you're talking about me :-) I'm beautiful because I think people are too hard on themselves & I will spend everyday of my life speaking positive into their lives to make them realise that they are amazing (sorry, gonna go a bit christian on you :-), God loves each & everyone of you & you are all amazingly fantastic & we love love love you.
  • RachelHancock
    Options
    I am beautiful because I have a beautiful boyfriend, beautiful friends, beautiful sisters, and beautiful parents. And I deserve it all because I care enough to do everything I can to maintain their beauty.

Their beauty reflects in me and gives me the strength confidence and reason to get fit again, maintain my health and be strong for them.

I also happen to think I have a great smile :bigsmile:
  • RachelHancock
    Options

I was told yesterday that i was beautiful even though i was sleep deprived and looked like corpse bride. ....so there must be more to beauty than aesthetics. Beauty is not objectifiable, its subjective, which lends it room to take so many forms. A smile can be objectively beautiful because you have perfect teeth or cute little dimples, but the real beauty of the smile is what is making you smile, or cry, or laugh. an embrace is beautiful, a kiss is beautiful, an awkward moment that breaks the ice is beautiful. Love is beautiful. We feel these things, we make them beautiful. You are beautiful. (And i am too).

Totally Agreed!!!!

What an awesome thread!
  • canaussie
    canaussie Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am beautiful because I love with all my heart, even though sometimes it gets hurt that way.

And... you are an amazing person for making everyone feel beautiful... thank you.
  • liveskinnyxo
    liveskinnyxo Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    this is such a sweet topic!! but monkeyboy you never told us why you're beautiful? you can't let us have all the fun (:
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm beautiful because I'm no carbon copy of anyone. I'm my own unique individual and what others might see as flaws, I see as my strengths. I will never be apolgetic for who I am. :)
  • 1southernchick
    1southernchick Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, saying that out loud to myself, it's different. It's one thing to hear other people say it. But to say it to yourself. Well, I like me most of the time. I'm beautiful, sometimes...and I'm ok with that!!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options

I feel the same way.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I am beautiful because i have an awesome family. My husband and children love me no matter what weight I am. Losing weight has definitely helped me get my confidence back but my husband never stopped telling me how beautiful :blushing: I was even at my heaviest....thanks for opening up alot of peoples eyes and helping them see that it is not just about the outside but also the inside beauty that we don't let people see :flowerforyou:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    What a sweet and wonderful idea for a post. Can't quite reply to the beautiful part, but as far as what makes me smile, that's easy. I have 4 beautiful daughters and they make me smile every day! :happy:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I'm beautiful because I am not perfect. I smile because I am okay with that :)
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    I have been called ugly so many times in my life by people who don't even know me so I find it hard to see beauty in me. I have 3 beautiful children and a gorgeous husband so I can't be that bad and even if I look like I walked into a parked car I tryto be beautiful on the inside and see beauty in everyone I meet.

loving this thread by the way its made me smile
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    clicks invisible *like* button :)
    no kidding i wish we had a like button
  • monkeyboy881
    Options

you get it this that is exactly what this posts is about i dare you to spread this knowledge like wildfire this world needs you
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    I am beautiful because I try every day to see the silver lining.....and all of my wonderful amazing MFP friends make me smile every day.....Cos they keep my *kitten* in check :wink:

Ah it's like you're talking about me :-) I'm beautiful because I think people are too hard on themselves & I will spend everyday of my life speaking positive into their lives to make them realise that they are amazing (sorry, gonna go a bit christian on you :-), God loves each & everyone of you & you are all amazingly fantastic & we love love love you.
    great message jodi
  • monkeyboy881
    Options
    I am beautiful because I have a beautiful boyfriend, beautiful friends, beautiful sisters, and beautiful parents. And I deserve it all because I care enough to do everything I can to maintain their beauty.

Their beauty reflects in me and gives me the strength confidence and reason to get fit again, maintain my health and be strong for them.

I also happen to think I have a great smile :bigsmile:
    i couldnt agree more i know you see beauty in others but what makes you beautiful the smile ofcourse dig deep you know its there