10 Week's To June

Options

Replies

• jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    Well I did a kettlebell workout today and it was brutal. 15 minutes of Single leg deadlifts. Steve remember I said I was having back pain about a month ago. I think cleaning up my form on this excercise has helped, no more back pain. Anyway did those for 15 minutes then the last set is a complex where you do 5 cleans + 5 squats + 5 presses with the left hand then immediately with the right hand and then put the bell down and rest. By the end of 4 rounds of that I was ready to quit, but pushed through 2.5 more in the 15 minutes. Today is the first day Ive done 5 of each I had been doing 4. You wouldn't think it would make that big of a deal but wo nelly! Definitely earned the Recovery drink today.
  • 0flynnstone0
    Options
    Great job Cassie! You're a stronger person than me! haha

I've decided to change my weight loss goal to 1/2 lb a week. I feel like that's just going to fit my lifestyle better right now. Of course, I'l definitely still try to stay under calories when I can, it's just a nice reminder that even if I'm going over my previous calorie goal a little, I'm still losing weight. And I'm happy enough with where I'm at right now, that I'm ok with taking the rest off slowly.

Steve, I agree with what you said about evolving our eating habits and I think you're completely right. But, (and I know a lot of people in this forum are going to disagree with this) personally I am going to live by the credo "everything in moderation." The fact is, a lot of what I consider to be simple pleasures in life are "bad" for me. I like wine and beer (the real, and unfortunately calorie-dense beer, not bud light). I live in a town that has THE best ice cream shop that I've ever come across. I love to travel, and when I travel I love to try the local cuisine, whether it be fried, frosted, or covered in creamy sauce. And I'm a 21 yr old college student, so when I go downtown with my friends I like to drink. I know that you shouldn't have to drink to have fun, but to be completely honest, when you're at a party or at the bars, having some drinks is definitely more fun than watching everyone else do it (for me, anyway).
    At the same time, I don't indulge in these things on a daily basis, and when I'm not, I make healthy choices, and I always try to keep a high level of physical activity. So even though my cheat days and my indulgences may be harming my body, they're usually also associated with the good times with friends and family that I'm going to remember years down the road, so I'm ok with it.
  • stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Well I did a kettlebell workout today and it was brutal. 15 minutes of Single leg deadlifts. Steve remember I said I was having back pain about a month ago. I think cleaning up my form on this excercise has helped, no more back pain. Anyway did those for 15 minutes then the last set is a complex where you do 5 cleans + 5 squats + 5 presses with the left hand then immediately with the right hand and then put the bell down and rest. By the end of 4 rounds of that I was ready to quit, but pushed through 2.5 more in the 15 minutes. Today is the first day Ive done 5 of each I had been doing 4. You wouldn't think it would make that big of a deal but wo nelly! Definitely earned the Recovery drink today.

Jay - sweet man, is this the first workout of your massing phase?
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Not yet, 2 more workouts of the current program after today.
  • gailosborne
    gailosborne Posts: 435
    Options

Wow, I love single leg deadlifts - but could not do them for 15 minutes!!
    when you said you do 5 cleans, 5 squats and 5 presses - what is a clean? Curious, sounds like fun!!!
  • gailosborne
    Options
    jessica - I really hope you are feeling tip top soon! Godblessourhome; I hope you recover quickly, I wouldn't worry about exercising til you feel fine! Hope that is real quick!

Good day for me! Did my exercise fine! Food good and on track!

Have lost 1lb and 1/2 inch off waist (as reported yesterday) AND 1 inch off lower tummy in the last couple of weeks!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Gail - if your weight numbers aren't going down, then you're not losing muscle. That's an easy way to keep an eye on underfeeding. That's why I keep records of all my lifting sessions in a binder forever. Gotta keep making those numbers climb.

I finished my walk and it was BRUTAL! I actually can't believe how hard it was. I took a 6 mile walk with my 50lbs backpack and took 2 hours to finish it. Before I did the walk, I did P90X Kenpo Plus at fit club - all on my 36 hour fast.

I won't lie, I'm slightly light headed right now, but that will pass, as I'm sucking down a coffee :)

Guys - a small reality check for all of us here. (It's good from time to time.)

When you look back at your day and notice it was not an all out binge, but there were some choices that could have been better. Fine - it's in the past, but don't just shuffle past it.

Learn from it!

Dig a little deeper into yourself. Why were there choices that weren't great. What led to them and remember - the shape you are in now (or were in before) is what lies at the end of the "could have made better choices" road.

Please don't be offended, because honestly, I'm talking to myself as much, or more than anyone here. We have to learn. We have to evolve or the old habits that took YEARS to develop will come roaring back.

I made a bad choice 2 weeks ago on my carb up when I thought having just a little bit of ice cream would be ok. IT'S NOT OK! It's what led me to being fat! Just a little bit here and there does actually add up, as much as we'd all like to deny that.

I saw someone recommend on the forums "everything in moderation."

Good advice. Have just a little bit of rat poison. Drink some gasoline. What? Not everything in moderation? Guess what - the sugar and *kitten* we put in our body and call it "food" is just as poisonous as a little bit of gasoline. It just takes longer to kill us.

Everyone say it - with me - NO MORE CHEATING! Make the best choices available at the time. If there aren't good choices, then take a lesson and plan better!

:)

Love you all! Finishing my fast in happiness.

Amen!!! I am glad to be with **LIKE** minded people in this thread. I get so sick of the whole mentioning of everthing in moderation.

I believe those of us that get past and finally give up the ice cream and other sugary crap in the long term will not only be healthier, we will also keep the weight off longer.

Agree! I don't really feel like I have the need to cheat! I eat peanut butter all the time and that's the only thing I can think I would want to cheat on baha. I thought I was the only one who felt like cheating was dumb. Total health! It's not that hard after a while to just ....not eat it?! Ahhhhhh Love it!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I like that "Choose to succeed or choose to fail." The first time I ever heard someone say that "You're fat because you are choosing to be." I was sort of taken aback by the comment but after it slowly sunk in I realized, you know....I am who I am because I CHOOSE to be this way. I will choose to succeed. I currently don't exercise much but I will commit to doing some light cardio a few days a week and lifting to build strength. :smile:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    Godblessourhome; I hope you recover quickly, I wouldn't worry about exercising til you feel fine! Hope that is real quick!

thanks gail! i am just so bored. healing stinks. lol. you know newtons first law of motion... an object in motion stays in motion and an object at rest stays at rest... well i am definitely at rest and i don't know what to do with myself. i think i might start internet shopping soon. aaaaagh!
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    jessica - I really hope you are feeling tip top soon! Godblessourhome; I hope you recover quickly, I wouldn't worry about exercising til you feel fine! Hope that is real quick!

Have lost 1lb and 1/2 inch off waist (as reported yesterday) AND 1 inch off lower tummy in the last couple of weeks!

gail these are just awesome numbers!!

you should celebrate by running a 10k by the water........

;)
  • gailosborne
    Options
    I did tonight, it wasn't good : ( onwards and upwards!!
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    10 weeks to June :noway:

I'm in!!

Can someone explain how this works? :blushing:

Currently - strenght training 3 x week
    Cardio 3 x week
    Rest 2 days
    1400 calories a day
    8 glasses of water a day

College finals are coming up pretty soon so this is going to be a balancing act. After finals I'm in 200%!! And re-evaluate at that point

Good Luck everyone - ps, I may be adding several of you!!
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Cleaning a kettlebell is taking from between your legs from a hike position to standing up and resting it on your chest and and forearm.

April112011progress.jpg

Thanks Steve I think it posted. Here is my progress as of today. Still ahve work to do on the belly but I am coming along
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    today is my strength day but i am not sure what i can do. my lower stomach is still pretty tender, especially the left side. i tried doing some light yoga and was shaky and sweating after about 6 minutes. ugh!

Hope you feel 100% real soon!!!:flowerforyou:
  • GiGi76
    Options

Those are great numbers.... Awesome job!!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!
  • GiGi76
    Options
    Cleaning a kettlebell is taking from between your legs from a hike position to standing up and resting it on your chest and and forearm.

April112011progress.jpg

Thanks Steve I think it posted. Here is my progress as of today. Still ahve work to do on the belly but I am coming along

Looking good!!!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    217.6 I think...I get to change my ticker again....but I keep fluctuating between 217 & 218...
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'm still alive. Nothing new ;)
  • stevemcknight
    Options
    The Paleo Pizza was a HUGE success! I mean it - I couldn't believe how great it was. I put up the recipe on my blog (knightfit.com) and some pics. The crust kind of fell apart due to not having parchment sheets. I'll get some of those for next time, but it was delicious.

Jay - looking great! I see abs man, you keep saying you don't have any - LIAR!

My workout was really solid today. It was the first workout of Phase 3 of this 12 week plan. It's a 3 day split and this was PUSH day - which means, Chest/Shoulders/Tri basically. 27 sets of as heavy as I could lift. I'm happy that all my numbers went up this week, even doing 50lbs dumbbell shoulder military presses for the first time.

Also, still making more of an effort to follow the Primal Rule "Move slowly often" and walked to the bank and grocery (which was more like 3 miles each way) then carried my bags back home. It took a while, but it was nice outside, and enjoyed the walk.

My buddy Joe got inspired when I told him I was making Paleo pizza tonight and made his own. I"m going to try to get the recipe from him, he said it was delicious. (Pretty sure he used real almond flour.)

Tomorrow is Leg Day and BodyBlitz Class - looking forward to torturing some poor souls who don't know what's about to smack them in the face.

Good night everyone!
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Hope people are feeling better and hope your back gets better. Gail, you are wonderful, I just had to tell you that...your positive attitude just flows and oozes I LOVE IT!!!

Today.....what do I say....good or bad....no, I am going to stick to the good, because that is the way I roll.

Crazy thing happened to me today, I was rubbing my upper arm and felt this weird mass...I thought WTF...seriously what is that, then I felt it again to see if it was tender just to make sure I was ok because if it is a hard mass, I better get to the doctor right......OMG.....it was a frikkin muscle..Seriously...haven't felt one of those in my deltoid or triceps in like ever...kind of took me off guard...then I laughed because apparently I am a dumb *kitten* that thought my muscle was some horrible mass. Yicks...

Protein...fine 160 I think
    Still reading book
    Ran for the first time in weeks and ran outside for the first time since October. Really unhappy with my performance. I don't know why I have been so tired lately, but I am sore and tired. I don't know if is the increase in working out or extra protein less carbs (making me tired...although I can't even think why it would), but I have been void of my usual energy. I am stressing because my 5K is the 23rd and I am praying that my ability to go 8 miles on the elliptical will translate into 3 miles running as I have been away from running because of physical therapy....I have my doubts and I am hoping my ankle holds out....and no walking it is not even a little bit of an option...no accomplishment for me in that.