April Move Your *kitten* Challenge.....

Replies

• onawhymm
    onawhymm Posts: 469 Member
    3 more miles today so that makes 12 so far for April. Still a bit sore from the ski trip....hips, feet and my poor thighs! So I am taking it slower for sure!
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member

exercise.png
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Jogged 5.1 very difficult, frustrating, sweaty miles on the treadmill today.
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Current Miles: 5.6
    Mileage goal: 75

PR'd in a 5k today- 31.21- 2 mins faster than my first 5k and about 43 seconds faster than my most recent. yippee!
    AWESOME!!! WTG!!!!
  • vhuber
    Got in a 3 mile run this morning! may try for more miles later while watching TV!
    Headed outside for another 2.5 with the furry kids!!!
  • daddyratty
    daddyratty Posts: 305 Member
    I started walking/running in January and logged 11 miles in the last 11 days of the month. In February I logged 25, 41 in March and this month will be ramping up my training for a 10K on May 7. I also have a 5K on the 16th of this month.

So I'm getting in on this today ... my April goals are to go 60 miles by foot (my training has me going 57, so basically stay injury free and a couple extra miles) ... and to run my 5K in under 31 minutes. It'll be on the same course as last month's and is actually 3.14 miles ... I ran last months in 33:08.

To me the 60 miles are actually not as tough a goal as the 31 minutes ... but there it is.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    A total of 9 miles for me today: jogged 5 miles, took a break, then walked 4 miles.
  • Originally I planned on just doing C25K this month. But I'm not seeing the progress I'd like to in my weight loss, so I'm going to add some cardio on my off days from C25K. I went to the gym and hopped on the stationary bike for 45 minutes and 10 miles. So to account for that, I'm adding 25 miles to my goal (it's 75 now). If I keep up with the biking on my off days (which I plan to), I'll probably over shoot this.... but I guess that's better than not reaching the goal! :)
  • vhuber
    A total of 9 miles for me today: jogged 5 miles, took a break, then walked 4 miles.
    Wow!!! Good job Coni!!!
  • nessieslc
    nessieslc Posts: 34
    I'm in!

I'll be swimming, running and biking!
  • yazminetw
    yazminetw Posts: 85 Member
    I walked a mile today. Updated ticker.
  • miswen
    miswen Posts: 113 Member
    Dinos- Thanks to a friend I have my ticker and goal figured out and updated. My goal is 75 for the month. Initially I set it at 50 but have decided to push myself and up it. Thanks gehlerc!
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    another 2.25 on the treadmill tonight doing hiit and then cooldown....updated ticker
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Woo Hoo movin on up:)
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Sounds like a really good challenge! I'd like to join. I'll sign up for 30 miles in April.
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    frustrated with tickers so putting stats below my signature
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    9.18 miles on the bike this morning! Will update my ticker shortly!! I am LOVING this challenge
    I have 25.38 miles so far !!!! I am going to ROCK this goal!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,386 Member
    Went for a 1.75 mile walk last night. Intended on 4-5 miles but weather cut it short.
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    thanks vhuber and gehlerc:flowerforyou:

Did I mention the men's elite winner ran it in 13:10?! They actually thought he was going to break a 13 minute 5K- he's been clocked at 12:51 (unofficially). I believe that would beat the best time in a road race in the world (or close to it). Crazy thing is it wasn't like he was alone. There was a second runner maybe 6"shorter than him right next to him until the 3 mile marker- then the winner pulled ahead (you could tell he still had juice left- he had a smile on his face:smile: - shorty had a grimace:sick: ). My fiance and a couple friends stood right at the 3 mile marker so we could watch the clock as they ran down the hill to the finish line (3.1). It was probably one of the most inspirational things I've ever seen. I love that their feet hit the ground so fast that you almost can't see it.

I wanna be them
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    5.25 miles running today
This discussion has been closed.