What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• geminijayde
    geminijayde Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try some of these recipes!! Thanks everybody!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Bump! :D
  • TappiGabi
    TappiGabi Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hbc266
    Hbc266 Posts: 12
    Options
    bump!
  • Hbc266
    Hbc266 Posts: 12
    Options
    bump!
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • KimberErin
    KimberErin Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    After reading this post, I had to go out and buy some Laughing Cow and try it out myself (I got the Light Swiss Cheese flavor)... I made the Creamed Spinach and it was sooooo easy!

First I thawed and thoroughly drained a box of chopped frozen spinach, then I put 2 triangles of the cheese in a bowl large enough to hold the spinach (I used the same bowl to eat from, so no extra clean-up either!) I put the bowl in the microwave for about 15 seconds (until I heard the cheese start to sizzle) then took the bowl out and smashed the cheese with the back of a spoon. I dropped in the thawed spinach and returned to the microwave for about 2 minutes (until the spinach was heated through...) After the 2 minutes, I took the bowl out, stirred to blend the cheese into the spinach, added a few shakes of garlic salt and that's it! I ate the whole thing for a grand total of about 170 calories, two and a half minutes in the kitchen, and one bowl to wash - what could be better? Yummmm...
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump bump!
  • geminijayde
    geminijayde Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just tried LCC for the first time last week, thanks to you all!! :) I love breakfast so this is what I've found to be a yummy skillet of sorts.

1/2 cup Southwest flavored (or any flavor) Egg Beaters
    1 cup Simply Potatoes (or any brand) hashbrown potatoes
    1 wedge Chipolte flavored LCC

Cook the eggs, set aside and place the wedge on top. Cook the hashbrowns then put them on top and "mix" it all together till the heat melts the cheese. Quick & YUMMY!!!! Only 235 calories!!!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I just tried LCC for the first time last week, thanks to you all!! :) I love breakfast so this is what I've found to be a yummy skillet of sorts.

1/2 cup Southwest flavored (or any flavor) Egg Beaters
    1 cup Simply Potatoes (or any brand) hashbrown potatoes
    1 wedge Chipolte flavored LCC

Cook the eggs, set aside and place the wedge on top. Cook the hashbrowns then put them on top and "mix" it all together till the heat melts the cheese. Quick & YUMMY!!!! Only 235 calories!!!

Ohh that sounds great! I love breakfast casserole's !
  • khartley535
    khartley535 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    subscribed
  • Lindz2323
    Lindz2323 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • christinehetz80
    christinehetz80 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow is great but it's still a manufactured food product - meaning that it's filled with lots of weird ingredients that I'm not so sure I want to be putting in my body (at least not in large quantities). Anyhow, I LOVED Laughing Cow but cut out all processed foods. What's a girl to do? Make your own!

Okay, I promise it's not that hard, in fact it's super easy (two ingredients). See below:

Step 1: Mix 16 ounces of plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 tsp salt (or less, if desired). IMPORTANT: Make sure your yogurt doesn't include gelatin or stabilizers - the ingredients should just be milk and active cultures. Chobani brand works extraordinarily well.
    Step 2: Drop mixture into a cheesecloth. Collect the corners of the cheesecloth and hang over a bowl in the fridge so that they whey (watery mixture) can drip out
    Step 3: Allow to sit for 24 hours, or until desired dryness is achieved. It will yield approximately 11 ounces. (And only has 25.5 calories per ounce!)
    Step 4: Enjoy!

OOOOHhhh DEFINITELY going to try this!!!!!!! Sounds awesome to custom make it to my taste.

This "cheese" (actually called labneh, with origins in the Middle East) has the slight tang of the yogurt, and the texture of goat cheese (SOO much better than those processed wedges!). Personalize to your tastes by adding herbs and spices. Tonight I added dill and a pinch chile verde sea salt and spread it on tomatoes, it works well as a dip for veggies, spread for sandwiches and it also melts beautifully.

Enjoy!
  • LethaSue
    LethaSue Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I was a deli manager for a major grocery store chain for years and threw so much of it in the trash. They would send me shippers and it would not sell even when we had it for buy 1 and get 2 free. It amazes me there are people that buy it.
  • LovinLifeChik
    LovinLifeChik Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bump - great recipes, and I really want to try making my own. Thanks for that information!
  • michelledyan
    michelledyan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    bump
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    this opens up a whole new world to me! i just eat 'em "raw" :)
  • Pollux
    Pollux Posts: 42
    Options
    Thanks for all the great recipes.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Trivial, but good. My snack last night:

Quesadilla Snack = 180 cals

2 wedges Laughing Cow Queso Chipotle (70 cals)
    2 soft corn tortillas (90 cals)
    2 TBSP good salsa (maybe 20 cals)

Open and spread the cheese on one tortilla. Sandwich the other tortilla on top. Microwave 30-60 secs until hot and melty. Cut into 8 wedges. Eat with salsa.
    ^^this is great, thanks!