What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• khardenbergh
    Options
    Bump
  • iamstaceywood
    iamstaceywood Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    omg. yummy!
  • asmithson19
    Options
    I sometimes just cut up lean ham into squares, and melt LCC in the microwave with the ham and stir it around - Yummy, light and a great snack! :-)
  • ebeachgirl
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • Olycupcake
    Options
    bump
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    I just tried LCC for the first time last week, thanks to you all!! :) I love breakfast so this is what I've found to be a yummy skillet of sorts.

1/2 cup Southwest flavored (or any flavor) Egg Beaters
    1 cup Simply Potatoes (or any brand) hashbrown potatoes
    1 wedge Chipolte flavored LCC

Cook the eggs, set aside and place the wedge on top. Cook the hashbrowns then put them on top and "mix" it all together till the heat melts the cheese. Quick & YUMMY!!!! Only 235 calories!!!

Yummy! I love breakfast and this sounds GREAT!!!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    First off... What does Bump mean?

Here is my recipe! Got it from Hungrygirl.com.. So simple!

Tuna Melt Bites

PER SERVING (1/3rd of recipe, 5 pieces): 143 calories, 5g fat, 452mg sodium, 11g carbs, 0g fiber, 1g sugars, 14g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 4*

We could eat an entire batch of these by ourselves in one sitting -- good thing they're so low in calories!

Ingredients:
    One 15-piece box frozen Athens Mini Fillo Shells
    3 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
    One 5-oz. can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
    Spices: salt, black pepper

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place shells on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until shells are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.

Place cheese wedges in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until softened. Stir until smooth. Add tuna and a dash each salt and pepper. Mix well.

Evenly distribute the cheesy-tuna mixture among the baked shells, about half a tablespoon per shell.

Now eat!

MAKES 3 SERVINGS

I want to try these, just hope I can find the fillo shells at my local grocery store.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Bump...I love laughing cow cheese...but never used it in a recipe...I usually just eat it the way it is! LOL
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Bump...I love laughing cow cheese...but never used it in a recipe...I usually just eat it the way it is! LOL
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Laughing Cow is great but it's still a manufactured food product - meaning that it's filled with lots of weird ingredients that I'm not so sure I want to be putting in my body (at least not in large quantities). Anyhow, I LOVED Laughing Cow but cut out all processed foods. What's a girl to do? Make your own!

Okay, I promise it's not that hard, in fact it's super easy (two ingredients). See below:

Step 1: Mix 16 ounces of plain Non-Fat Greek Yogurt with 1/2 tsp salt (or less, if desired). IMPORTANT: Make sure your yogurt doesn't include gelatin or stabilizers - the ingredients should just be milk and active cultures. Chobani brand works extraordinarily well.
    Step 2: Drop mixture into a cheesecloth. Collect the corners of the cheesecloth and hang over a bowl in the fridge so that they whey (watery mixture) can drip out
    Step 3: Allow to sit for 24 hours, or until desired dryness is achieved. It will yield approximately 11 ounces. (And only has 25.5 calories per ounce!)
    Step 4: Enjoy!

This "cheese" (actually called labneh, with origins in the Middle East) has the slight tang of the yogurt, and the texture of goat cheese (SOO much better than those processed wedges!). Personalize to your tastes by adding herbs and spices. Tonight I added dill and a pinch chile verde sea salt and spread it on tomatoes, it works well as a dip for veggies, spread for sandwiches and it also melts beautifully.

Enjoy!

bump
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Bump
  • krissyharden
    krissyharden Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yum!!! Thx!
  • kimhurt
    kimhurt Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just tried LCC for the first time last week, thanks to you all!! :) I love breakfast so this is what I've found to be a yummy skillet of sorts.

1/2 cup Southwest flavored (or any flavor) Egg Beaters
    1 cup Simply Potatoes (or any brand) hashbrown potatoes
    1 wedge Chipolte flavored LCC

Cook the eggs, set aside and place the wedge on top. Cook the hashbrowns then put them on top and "mix" it all together till the heat melts the cheese. Quick & YUMMY!!!! Only 235 calories!!!

Sounds wonderful!
  • jyls
    jyls Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • koko65
    koko65 Posts: 33
    Options
    OMG! I shop for bargains and when on sale so I currently have too much of this stuff in various flavors in my frig right now, cause when ever its on sale well I picked up a couple and have been trying not to snack of late so not been using it. Though I have used it as a spread on a wrap, it never occurred to me until I saw this thread with all your wonderful recipes and ideas for that I could use the stuff in recipes.

Thanks too for the tip off of the laughing cow website with more recipes. I could not wait to try one so already made a small batch of egg salad with boil egg, wedge of lite swiss and tsp of mustard. Yum!!!!
  • kaytiecakes
    kaytiecakes Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    BUMP because holy crap this thread is full of great ideas.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    yum- thanks
  • CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Bump