What is your favorite Laughing Cow Cheese recipe?

Options

Replies

• amyh913
    amyh913 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Bump. :flowerforyou:
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Holy COW! Just got 3 different flavors of the LC cheese and can't wait to try so many of these recipes!
  • baileyandparkersmom
    Options
    bump
  • Chunky_As_Charged
    Options
    Bump.
  • busylizzy108
    Options
    I love the idea of making my own to cut back on processed foods. I may have to try that!
  • TinaS70
    TinaS70 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jnbud2002
    jnbud2002 Posts: 216
    Options
    These are some great recipes guys! Thanks for the thread
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just bought some, now I will have to try some of these

Thanks!
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Bump for later - great ideas here! I just discovered laughing cow cheese last week. YUM. I eat mine on wheat thins flatbreads (30 calories each).
  • genericaroar
    genericaroar Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    lol I do love laughing cow extra light cheese but recently I made the mistake of checking the expiry date on a pack and it didnt expire till SEPTEMBER! Anything that lasts in my fridge from April to September can't be good for you.....

I may have to give them up :sad:

It's cheese...most cheeses last a long time.
  • joeylu
    joeylu Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    bump
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    lol I do love laughing cow extra light cheese but recently I made the mistake of checking the expiry date on a pack and it didnt expire till SEPTEMBER! Anything that lasts in my fridge from April to September can't be good for you.....

I may have to give them up :sad:

It's cheese...most cheeses last a long time.

LOL, it's PROCESSED cheese, so errr, yeah, technically it doesn't even need to be refrigerated (though it does say to). I know they take laughing cow to third world countries on mission trips because it is so unperishable. I love laughing cow because it helps quell my cheese cravings, but make no mistake, it is a crudload of chemicals!
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I love it. I think Chipotle is my favorite right now. Here is my supper tonight:

Bevy's Low Carb Cheesy Scallop and Linguine (1 serving)

2 oz Dreamfield's Low Carb Linguine Pasta (5 net carbs)
    Sea Scallops (3 oz)
    1 Tab. Butter (yes I eat real butter)
    5 Spears Asparagus
    1/4 cup chopped raw onion
    1 cup raw spinach
    2 cubes of Laughing Cow Lite Cheese (use herb, onion, swiss, it's up to you really)

517 cals and 15 carbs

Make pasta according to package directions.

I stir fry the asparagus and onion until softer and clear, add in the spinach, butter and scallops and cook until the scallops are done and spinach is wilted. Stir in the two wedges of cheese and mix until melted.

Toss with pasta.

Great after workout food! YUM!
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I made the Yodeling Risotto from the LC website for dinner a while back. I seriously felt like I was being so bad eating it, b/c it tasted so good! This recipe makes 2 servings @ 122cal and 3fat each. It takes a little time, but worth it!
    Yodeling Risotto
    * 2 whole Wedges Of The Laughing Cow® Light Swiss Original Cheese
    * 1 teaspoon Teaspoon Olive Oil
    * 1 Tablespoon Yellow Onion, Diced Small
    * 1 teaspoon Garlic, Minced
    * 4 whole Cremini Mushrooms Diced Small
    * ⅓ cups Arborio Rice
    * ⅓ cups Dry White Wine
    * 1 cup Vegetable Or Chicken Broth, Hot
    * Kosher Salt And Freshly Ground Black Pepper
    * 1 Tablespoon Parmesan Cheese, Grated
    * 1 Tablespoon Chives, Chopped

Heat olive oil in a 2-quart sauté pan over medium heat. Add onions and cook slowly for 2-3 minutes, until translucent.
    Add garlic, mushrooms & rice; stir well until coated.
    Add wine; continue to cook while stirring until liquid is absorbed. Season lightly with salt & pepper.
    Add hot stock in stages, ⅓ cup at a time. Stir continuously between each addition until liquid is fully absorbed. (Note: risotto is done at the al dente stage, tender but not mushy. Be sure to taste rice between broth additions to test for doneness; the risotto may be ready before all the broth is used.)
    When ready, remove pan from stove. Stir in cheese & adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
    Portion into serving bowls; garnish with Parmesan cheese & chives.

We made this this past Sunday. I prepped everything and my hubby cooked it. There are three of us in the family so i doubled the recipe. EVERYONE loved it. My husband and my daughter were fighting over the fourth serving, and even my dog seemed to want to try it!! :laugh:

The only thing we are gonna do differently next time is use two wedges first, then add a third if we think we need it. With four wedges it was waaaay cheesey and we do love our cheese in this house but it was a bit much!!

Mine came out to 160 calories, 21 carbs, 5 fat, 6 protein, 0 fiber, and 332 sodium per serving!! This one is a keeper we will be making it again. We grilled steak and made a salad, it was a good meal!!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Yum! Great ideas!

I love the swiss kind in eggs with spinach, mushrooms, garlic and sun dried tomatoes.. So good.